Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss game

Started by hogz4, July 24, 2005, 07:12:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogz4

I was needing some info on Oxford. I have never been to a road game before. I looked on Hogwired for tickets and found some in the section K, not sure if this will be with other hog fans or not. Ole Miss website does not have individual tickets for sale yet. would you suggest staying with Hogwired or calling Ole Miss. Also is there a certain hotel or motel that hog fans stay in? Please help, Thanks.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: hogz4 on July 24, 2005, 07:12:53 pm
I was needing some info on Oxford. I have never been to a road game before. I looked on Hogwired for tickets and found some in the section K, not sure if this will be with other hog fans or not. Ole Miss website does not have individual tickets for sale yet. would you suggest staying with Hogwired or calling Ole Miss. Also is there a certain hotel or motel that hog fans stay in? Please help, Thanks.

If you want to sit with Hog fans, buy them through the UA ticket Office.

Two years ago they had Hog fans seated in a couple of different locations. Some seats were on the side and some were in the endzone.

JoeBobHog

July 24, 2005, 07:22:05 pm #2 Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 07:24:23 pm by JoeBobHog
when we go to away games, we always like to sit with Hog fans--so we buy them through the UA.

Tunica is a little over an hour from Oxford--that's where we stayed the last time.
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

Hoggam's Razor

I've been to a couple of Ole Miss games.....get there early, the Grove is INCREDIBLE!!!!
I don't think Oxford even has a motel/hotel......Oxford is a really, really small town.....there are several options within 30 minutes of the stadium.
Expect a less than warm reception from Ole Miss fans....they're steeped in tradition and consider us an inbred lot.....You WILL get sick of Hoddy Toddy chant.....I'm getting fired up just writing this....I may see you there!!!!!
I hate it when people complain.

ghg1

Quote from: phitauhog on July 24, 2005, 11:14:02 pm
they're steeped in tradition

Yeah, except for a brief period way back when, steeped in the tradition of LOSING.

Hell, they're the ONLY western division team to NEVER have played in the championship game and have not won a conference title since the 60's.

They're living in fantasy land.

Hoggam's Razor

Quote from: ghg1 on July 24, 2005, 11:34:35 pm

Yeah, except for a brief period way back when, steeped in the tradition of LOSING.

Hell, they're the ONLY western division team to NEVER have played in the championship game and have not won a conference title since the 60's.

I agree, but I lived in Jackson for 5 years and, trust me, they believe that Mississipi is God's birthplace and Ole Miss is the Harvard of the South.........when I say "steeped in tradition".....that may not be all GOOD tradition, but they are definitely steeped.

I was at the game the Doose MAC broke the opening kickoff for a TD and they commenced to "steeping" our arses for the rest of the game............some beaches!!!! 

I will say this....the Grove is THE premier tailgating venue of college football.

idochog

Quote from: phitauhog on July 24, 2005, 11:44:27 pm
Quote from: ghg1 on July 24, 2005, 11:34:35 pm

I agree, but I lived in Jackson for 5 years and, trust me, they believe that Mississipi is God's birthplace and Ole Miss is the Harvard of the South.........when I say "steeped in tradition".....that may not be all GOOD tradition, but they are definitely steeped.

I was at the game the Doose MAC broke the opening kickoff for a TD and they commenced to "steeping" our arses for the rest of the game............some beaches!!!!

I will say this....the Grove is THE premier tailgating venue of college football.

The GROVE is kick-butt.  The nicest thing about that is when we got our butts handed to us a few yrs back when Duece ran the opening kickoff back.  We spent the 2nd half partying w/ OM fans in the GROVE.  Great Tailgaiting.  Makes LR tailgating look like jr. high.
I love Jesus!

ghg1

Half the folks in the grove never even go to the game -- they're big fans. 

Where Ole Miss people get their superior attitudes is beyond me.  It's a mediocre school in frickin Mississippi for cryin' out loud.

Hoggam's Razor

Quote from: ghg1 on July 25, 2005, 12:01:34 am
Half the folks in the grove never even go to the game -- they're big fans.

Where Ole Miss people get their superior attitudes is beyond me. It's a mediocre school in frickin Mississippi for cryin' out loud.

Hey ghg1... Some perspective........or devil's advocacy....where do WE get our superior attitude?  If you grew up in MS what would be your attitude for AR?....."It's a mediocre school in frickin Arkansas for.........get it?

Geez..I hate Ole Piss but I do understand and recognize that they are "steeped" in tradition.....real or imagined.

DisplacedHogFan

Pushing football aside for a sec...Having stayed on campus for Baseball Camps several times i will say this about the co-eds there...Oh-my-gaaaawd!  :o They have some of the hottest girls I ever saw on a college campus and you can take that to the bank. Do these same hotties show up for the football games? Having never been to a football game in Oxford I wouldn't know, but if those same co-eds show up I may try to make that game every other year   ;D

Hoggam's Razor

Quote from: DisplacedHogFan on July 25, 2005, 12:56:32 am
Pushing football aside for a sec...Having stayed on campus for Baseball Camps several times i will say this about the co-eds there...Oh-my-gaaaawd! :o They have some of the hottest girls I ever saw on a college campus and you can take that to the bank. Do these same hotties show up for the football games? Having never been to a football game in Oxford I wouldn't know, but if those same co-eds show up I may try to make that game every other year ;D
\

I agree and yes.

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: phitauhog on July 25, 2005, 12:59:00 am
Quote from: DisplacedHogFan on July 25, 2005, 12:56:32 am
Pushing football aside for a sec...Having stayed on campus for Baseball Camps several times i will say this about the co-eds there...Oh-my-gaaaawd! :o They have some of the hottest girls I ever saw on a college campus and you can take that to the bank. Do these same hotties show up for the football games? Having never been to a football game in Oxford I wouldn't know, but if those same co-eds show up I may try to make that game every other year ;D
\

I agree and yes.

Hrmm. Looks like I'll be making the trip to Oxford this year if things work out right! Hotties and Hog football, what could be better!

Big Papa Satan

Ole Miss folks like to say, "We may not win every game, but we've never lost a party".  And they're right.

The Grove fricking rawks.  And all the Miss America contestants walking around campus don't hurt either.

ghg1

July 25, 2005, 01:31:03 am #13 Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 01:44:07 am by ghg1
Quote from: phitauhog on July 25, 2005, 12:35:48 am
Hey ghg1... Some perspective........or devil's advocacy....where do WE get our superior attitude? If you grew up in MS what would be your attitude for AR?....."It's a mediocre school in frickin Arkansas for.........get it?

Geez..I hate Ole Piss but I do understand and recognize that they are "steeped" in tradition.....real or imagined.

To equate Arkansas' "superior" attitude to that of Ole Miss is ridiculous.  Nobody else in the league comes close to the snotty holier than thou atttitude of Ole Miss fans.  And again, I don't understand where they get it.  It's not from success on the field (at least in modern history), and it's not success academically (US news ranks them a 3rd tier university along with MSU and LSU.  Every other school in the SEC is in the Top Tier). They exude this "we're better than you" attitude and it's a complete joke.  They like to think of their university as a little country club, but they fail to grasp that their little club is on a public course with cheap green fees where tee times are aplenty.

DisplacedHogFan

I'm definately going to the game this year. Hope to see a few of you there. Gonna head down there from Shreveport and pick up my dad and brother in law on the way. Should be a good time!  8)

LSUFan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 25, 2005, 11:36:11 am
Daddy Like !!! ;D

Okay girls, for your next exercise, all of you go get a can of whipped cream out of the fridge while LSUFan gets comfortable. 8)  ;D

Hoggam's Razor

Quote from: ghg1 on July 25, 2005, 01:31:03 am
Quote from: phitauhog on July 25, 2005, 12:35:48 am
Hey ghg1... Some perspective........or devil's advocacy....where do WE get our superior attitude? If you grew up in MS what would be your attitude for AR?....."It's a mediocre school in frickin Arkansas for.........get it?

To equate Arkansas' "superior" attitude to that of Ole Miss is ridiculous.  Nobody else in the league comes close to the snotty holier than thou atttitude of Ole Miss fans.  And again, I don't understand where they get it.  It's not from success on the field (at least in modern history), and it's not success academically (US news ranks them a 3rd tier university along with MSU and LSU.  Every other school in the SEC is in the Top Tier). They exude this "we're better than you" attitude and it's a complete joke.  They like to think of their university as a little country club, but they fail to grasp that their little club is on a public course with cheap green fees where tee times are aplenty.

Excellent!