Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017-18 Roster

Started by LadybackBBFan, June 26, 2017, 09:19:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LadybackBBFan

The 2017-18 women's basketball roster has been posted for a couple of weeks.  However, it is still missing three important players - Chelsea Dungee, Taylah Thomas, and Macy Weaver.  Does anyone know why?  Are they not in school yet?  It would seem very important for Thomas and Weaver to get here as soon as possible.  Since Dungee can not play this year, that does not bother me as much.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on June 26, 2017, 09:19:31 am
The 2017-18 women's basketball roster has been posted for a couple of weeks.  However, it is still missing three important players - Chelsea Dungee, Taylah Thomas, and Macy Weaver.  Does anyone know why?  Are they not in school yet?  It would seem very important for Thomas and Weaver to get here as soon as possible.  Since Dungee can not play this year, that does not bother me as much.

I noticed the same thing, but I am pretty sure it has to do with whether they are on campus. As of June 17, Taylah was tweeting about not being on campus yet.

nwahogfan1

I wouldn't think the  complete roster being posted on the web site has to wait on ladies actually enrolling in school if coaches are expecting ladies to enroll later.  My guess anyway. We need all hands on deck so hopefully all show up.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 26, 2017, 12:53:55 pm
I wouldn't think the  complete roster being posted on the web site has to wait on ladies actually enrolling in school if coaches are expecting ladies to enroll later.  My guess anyway. We need all hands on deck so hopefully all show up.

Ditto.  in the past it has been UofA policy not to show the roster changes until the signed commitments were actually enrolled.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 26, 2017, 04:48:56 pm
Ditto.  in the past it has been UofA policy not to show the roster changes until the signed commitments were actually enrolled.
I hope they get here this summer and not just come in the fall.  We need the two post players to get a lot of development if we are going to be competitive this year.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on June 27, 2017, 01:35:42 pm
I hope they get here this summer and not just come in the fall.  We need the two post players to get a lot of development if we are going to be competitive this year.

that is especially true of freshmen post players of course.  I think the only reason why Spangler (the only freshman listed on either the softball or BB rosters) is because she lives in town and I bet she signed up for a summer term.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

LadybackBBFan

The second term for the Summer Semester starts on July 3rd.  Hopefully, they will be on campus then.  Otherwise it will be August.

psycHOGlogist

It looks like Taylah is on campus today for orientation.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV8A-mbAbNR/

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on June 29, 2017, 04:05:03 pm
It looks like Taylah is on campus today for orientation.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV8A-mbAbNR/

all three of the missing (Dungee, Thomas and Weaver) are now on the official roster.

rolyat_2008

Gaulden and Dungee listed as RSo.

Isn't this upcoming redshirt transfer year going to make them RFr. ?

Hogtied85

Quote from: rolyat_2008 on June 29, 2017, 04:24:38 pm
Gaulden and Dungee listed as RSo.

Isn't this upcoming redshirt transfer year going to make them RFr. ?

No because they played at another school before coming here.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Hogtired10 on June 29, 2017, 05:03:30 pm
No because they played at another school before coming here.
However, they will have 4 years to play 3 years if they decide to stay in school five years.