Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 SEC Men's Basketball Tournament

Started by jbcarol, January 13, 2016, 07:12:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ  now
Mercy, Ulis. Pulled it from deep, in 6-8 Maten's face. Three swishes. UK down one again.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jason Butt ‏@JasonHButt  5s5 seconds ago
7:45 to go and an official timeout. Kentucky leads Georgia 68-67. Murray heading to the FT line. UK crowd the loudest i's been all game.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/AdamSparks/status/708786696800878592

QuoteArkansas fan Joshua Perry and Tennessee fan Andy Bobbitt share a friendship planted firmly in the military and SEC basketball.

The men met while serving at Fort McClellan in Anniston, Ala., in the 1990s. Perry, from Strong, Ark., was in the Army for 30 years. Bobbitt was in the Air Force.

"Our friendship has been growing over the years, and a big part of it has always been making this annual pilgrimage to this (SEC) Tournament," said Bobbitt, a native of Somerville, Tenn., who now lives in Waynesville, Mo.

"I've been a Tennessee fan all my life, and he's a big Arkansas fan. But when Josh got me to go with him that first time, I was hooked."

The two men have attended the SEC Tournament for about 15 consecutive years, from Atlanta to New Orleans to Tampa and Nashville six different times during that stretch.

Perry has missed only one SEC Tournament since the Razorbacks joined the SEC in 1992. His Arkansas squad was eliminated by Florida in Thursday's second round.

"But that doesn't mean we're leaving," Perry said. "We like to sit here until the last second of the last game. We always do because this is a special trip for us."

jbcarol

SEC ‏@SEC 15h15 hours ago

Today's semifinal attendance: 19,108 #SECMBB

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman ‏@BrentZwerneman  15m15 minutes ago Nashville, TN
Halftime here in a rowdy Bridgestone Arena in the SEC title game: Top seed Texas A&M 38, No. 2 seed Kentucky 34.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio  2m2 minutes ago
Tyler Ulis named SEC Tournament MVP

3kgthog

Is it wrong to hope and pray for UK to have a huge downturn for a decade or more? I don't even care if the Hogs take advantage (I know we wouldn't). Just once I want them to feel how we've felt since Nolan left and I want it to linger for a long, long time.

jbcarol

2016 SEC All-Tournament Team
Tyler Ulis, G, Kentucky
Jamal Murray, G, Kentucky
J.J. Frazier, G, Georgia
Danuel House, G, Texas A&M
Jalen Jones, G, Texas A&M

jbcarol

Rupp Southwest?

Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio 15h15 hours ago

Calipari says because it was so loud in Nashville, he is going to do something to "crank it up" next year in Rupp Arena

Kyle Tucker
‏@KyleTucker_CJ

Kyle Tucker Retweeted Matt Jones

Believe there will be some changes to improve gameday atmosphere at Rupp. Trip to Kansas eye-opener for some at UK.