Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KJ Hill regrets?

Started by Hogopolis, August 09, 2017, 01:40:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 10, 2017, 02:00:40 pm
Dude, he's a 3rd stringer at best when he could be a starter here in his home state. I wish we would stop acting like that's false logic just for the sake of argument or debate. I would rather start or play a lot for my home state school than to go to Ohio State, Alabama or anywhere else an ride the bench 75% of the time. Ask Josh Frazier how he feels. Him and Bijhon Jackson could be the men right now on the Hill.

Be realistic for a minute. This program is no where close to competing with Ohio State. We had a top 5 coach but his lower head got the best of him. Right now Bret's best quality as a coach is cracking jokes at media day. Kids want to win.

Sivad

K.J. "Kon Job" Hill brought all the ridicule and deserved ill will on himself with the jackass way he handled his commitment/recruitment.

hogsanity

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 10, 2017, 04:55:30 pm
I think you may be surprised at how wrong you are. Sure they aren't giving jobs to hogs that aren't qualified but LOTS of ex hogs work for the major employers in the state. It's still a thing.

OK, there you go, they are qualified AND are ex athletes.

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 10, 2017, 04:58:09 pm
I see it a lot with people in sales.  It really helps to be a hot female or ex athlete.

Most Sales Jobs are not "high profile" but I can see where it could be an advantage in sales.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

WorfHog

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 10, 2017, 04:09:41 pm
That makes no sense.  Pettway is projected as a starter.
Until when? I'll answer that for ya. Until Jared Cornelius and TJ Hammonds come back.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on August 10, 2017, 08:29:38 pm
Be realistic for a minute. This program is no where close to competing with Ohio State. We had a top 5 coach but his lower head got the best of him. Right now Bret's best quality as a coach is cracking jokes at media day. Kids want to win.
I'm very realistic. You just made my point for me. That's the very reason he would have a much better chance of seeing significant playing time at Arkansas, his home state school than anywhere else. And who knows he could have been one of the players to help put us back toward the top. Along with Joshua Frazier just to name a couple.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

hog of steele

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on August 09, 2017, 10:14:15 pm
I guess KJ Hill would have loved to lose against Toledo, A&M, Bama, Missouri, Auburn, and Virginia Texh. Are y'all serious. What have Arkansas done for him to have any regrets? He's competing on a national level and the a
Hogs are hoping they can beat A&M.

Almost every college athlete at the DI level starts hoping to make it to he NFL. In order to make it you have to take live snaps and put some good things on film. Its exceedingly difficult to do that as a backup.

If his goal was to be part of a team that is competing on the national level, then he has achieved that goal. But if his goal is to make it to the NFL, backing up on a championship team isn't going to provide as good a shot.

hoboco

Poker_hog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 11, 2017, 09:02:11 am
Most Sales Jobs are not "high profile" but I can see where it could be an advantage in sales.

Maybe not high profile but a lot of those guys are making 6 figures.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

farfromgroovins

Here's the WRs we should be talking about. Not tOSU's.

Jared Cornelius
T.J. Hammonds
La'Michael Pettway
Maleek Barkley
Brandon Martin
Koilan Jackson
Jonathan Nance
Deon Stewart
Jarrod Barnes
Jordan Jones
Tobias Enlow
Tyson Morris
River Warnock
Gary Cross
De'Vion Warren
Kofi Boateng
De'Shawn Gulledge

NoogaHog

Quote from: farfromgroovins on August 11, 2017, 03:31:38 pm
Here's the WRs we should be talking about. Not tOSU's.

Jared Cornelius
T.J. Hammonds
La'Michael Pettway
Maleek Barkley
Brandon Martin
Koilan Jackson
Jonathan Nance
Deon Stewart
Jarrod Barnes
Jordan Jones
Tobias Enlow
Tyson Morris
River Warnock
Gary Cross
De'Vion Warren
Kofi Boateng
De'Shawn Gulledge

Ok, I'll bite. I am intrigued by Gary Cross and want to see if he sees the field this year or next.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

bennyl08

Quote from: NoogaHog on August 11, 2017, 04:42:33 pm
Ok, I'll bite. I am intrigued by Gary Cross and want to see if he sees the field this year or next.

Dang, what happened to him? We are having eye injuries now???

Hopefully his surgery goes well and he will be able to see the field this year. Doctors aren't sure if he'll recoever enough to see the football well enough to catch it though.

:( :( :(
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

stronguard

Im sure NLR is happy with their new diggs.  Hopoefully one day they will rename it KJ field
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 11, 2017, 11:10:11 am
I'm very realistic. You just made my point for me. That's the very reason he would have a much better chance of seeing significant playing time at Arkansas, his home state school than anywhere else. And who knows he could have been one of the players to help put us back toward the top. Along with Joshua Frazier just to name a couple.

It starts with the coach. Did you watch Arkansas football under Bobby?

Rzbakfromwaybak

KJ ?  Yeah, believe I remember him.  Wasn't he the one that's dad ran the hot dog stand at high school games?   :)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

#1 STUNNA

a family member of his on twitter tweeted that he is starting in the first game of the year.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on August 11, 2017, 06:47:32 pm
It starts with the coach. Did you watch Arkansas football under Bobby?

You do realize the irony of your post about the football team/staff and the basketball staff/team, right? 

Cure

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on August 28, 2017, 01:13:47 pm
a family member of his on twitter tweeted that he is starting in the first game of the year.
Yes, he'll be getting featured this season if he executes.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Ben on August 09, 2017, 08:17:49 pm
Our fanbase is the saltiest butthurt group of people when someone from this state decides to go elsewhere other than UA. Its like bitter females when a guy passes them up. Its ridiculous.

No Many of us would have walked to the Hill to play of the Hogs, and Kids like Hill act like they are too good to play at Home.

I rank him up there with Keith Jackson who I have no use to see or hear on Hog games cause he cut out and went to OU.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pigture perfect

I wish he had chosen to play here, but I will not let a child of 18 that I didn't sire ruin my day.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

sowmonella

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 29, 2017, 08:37:26 am
No Many of us would have walked to the Hill to play of the Hogs, and Kids like Hill act like they are too good to play at Home.

I rank him up there with Keith Jackson who I have no use to see or hear on Hog games cause he cut out and went to OU.

That was 1983. 34 freaking years ago. He sent 2 sons to play for the hogs and has saved countless kids lives in Little Rock with PARK.  Damn get over it.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

PorkRinds

You may want to simmer that down. Keith just sent us his son to play for the hogs and he's a stud. Not only that, he's back in Arkansas making a difference in the state. You, meanwhile, live in Texas.  Maybe keep some of those stones in your pocket.

Adam Stokes

Ohio State just ran it on 4th down barely in IU territory. KJ Hill got stuffed. 1 carry for 0 yards, 2 catches for 6 yards at the beginning of the 2nd half.

Ben

Um, can you blame them? Arkansas or Ohio State...Arkansas or Oklahoma. Not a hard choice if you want to play at a real blueblood. KJ got to play in the CFP. Arkansas will not sniff the CFPs for another 20+ years. Keith Jackson did what was best for him, and he is a national champion because of it. Just because you are from a state, doesn't mean you are obliged to go to a school in this state. That's what a lot of hog fans don't understand. That's why they hate when Gus, Petrino, or any athlete with Arkansas ties has success elsewhere.
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.