Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Women's Softball Team

Started by SemperFi, February 23, 2014, 07:20:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperFi

I'm on a plane coming out of Atlanta with the women's softball team and they are all in tears. Has anything happened at the UA? Not comfortable asking one of these ladies if all is well when they are this upset. Thanks in advance.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

LZH

Hog website says they went undefeated in Ft. Meyers this weekend, so I don't know what all the tears could be about.

SemperFi

Just found out that one of the girls father passed away. She literally found out right before she boarded the plane. Horrible way to find out that you've just lost a loved one. Prayers.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

OTTER

Quote from: FlyFisher on February 23, 2014, 09:49:12 pm
Just found out that one of the girls father passed away. She literally found out right before she boarded the plane. Horrible way to find out that you've just lost a loved one. Prayers.
She definitely needs our prayers and thoughts.  Tough, tough thing to go through.  Prayers sent for her and her family.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

weresoclose

At any rate, many of us know what it is like to suddenly and unexpectedly lose a close loved one.  Terrible no matter how or when you find out.  Hate that she lost a parent so young, barely out of high school.  :(

Pig Latin

Quote from: KnilesKankle on April 22, 2012, 09:57:12 am
Smites are like scars, be proud of of them all.

Hogarusa

February 24, 2014, 12:19:23 pm #6 Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:24:00 pm by Douglas
Awful timing for the player.  There's never a good time to find out of a loved ones death but at an airport would rank very low.  Sorry for her and happy that she has a strong support team to lean on
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

JJHog

Will definetley pray for her and her loved ones left behind.
God says in his book that the Lord will not leave you comfortless, that He will come to you.
I lost my Dad at 24 and it was much too young.
Her teammates and coaches will probably be a great help to her
" Think Right, Do Right"

oldbear

Wayne Watson

Thoughts and prayers to her and her family.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

hawgwatcher

Here's a bit more information and a way to reach out to her.
http://shar.es/FATp2
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing"- Vince Lombardi

lahawg1

Quote from: hawgwatcher on February 26, 2014, 11:44:54 am
Here's a bit more information and a way to reach out to her.
http://shar.es/FATp2

Wow, her story is tragic....prayers sent....

HogShat

So sad. My daughter tried out for her HS team last year and didnt make it. She was ready to pack it in and give up on softball. We went to 3 Razorback Softball games the weekend of the spring game. It completely renewed her drive and she got to meet a few of the girls after the games. She practiced with her HS team the whole season last year, without being on it. This year she made the team and has her first game this week. These girls will never know how much they mean to my daughter, and to me for the joy I see that watching them brings her. We got to see "Reggie" play last weekend. She is gonna be some kind of special player. My heart breaks for her. Praying God will wrap His big ol loving arms around her in her time of need....

weresoclose

Time for everyone to tell their parents, if still alive, how much you love them.  Life is short and tragedy strikes at any time in this world of chaos. 

Very sorry for her loss.  I remember a girl my freshman year who unexpectedly lost her father.  Tragic and affected her tremendously. 

Ugly Uncle

Truly a sad and tragic story:

QuoteJessica "Reggie" Harrison, a freshman softball stud at the University of Arkansas and one of my sister's closest friends, lost her mother to cancer years ago and over the weekend tragically lost her father. As an only child, she had an undeniable bond with her dad. - See more at: http://www.studentsports.com/softball/2014/02/26/tragedy-hits-arkansas-softball/#sthash.lCvLISzM.dpuf/quote]

http://www.studentsports.com/softball/2014/02/26/tragedy-hits-arkansas-softball/
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

weresoclose

Well now the poor girl has lost both parents.  I did not know that.

Is anyone else worried about her mental stability right now?  I am.  Folks need to be doing meaningful things for this girl.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16569567/

I wish I knew or somebody knew how to meaningfully help this poor girl.  Maybe a public group effort to unite behind her?  Come on Hog fans!

hoglady

Quote from: weresoclose on February 26, 2014, 07:20:34 pm
Well now the poor girl has lost both parents.  I did not know that.

Is anyone else worried about her mental stability right now?  I am.  Folks need to be doing meaningful things for this girl.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16569567/

I wish I knew or somebody knew how to meaningfully help this poor girl.  Maybe a public group effort to unite behind her?  Come on Hog fans!

I know a little of what this girl is going through.
I lost my mom at 16 and both my parents by 29.
Hopefully, she's got siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins to help her through this.
If not then friends should step in and make her part of their family.
Hope those close to her realize she'll need them 6 months from now almost as much as today. She's lost her home - I know that sounds crazy but that's what it feels like. She's lost a lot of security at a really young age.
I just feel truly horrible for this young girl.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PORKULATOR

Well this is just awful. I coach softball and I see the bonds that some of these girls have. She'll lean on those ties and persevere, but that doesn't make this suck any less.
God bless you Reggie.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HogShat

In the article it said, "Immediately, the University of Arkansas' assistant coach and her changed their flights and headed to Reggie's home in Houston, Texas." Props to Coach Carpenter for taking care of her.