Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Ole Miss said about Arkansas after losing to the Hogs

Started by jbcarol, October 29, 2017, 08:11:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

QuoteOle Miss DE Breeland Speaks

On Arkansas' screen passes: "Those screen plays took a long time to develop. I think that's one thing that they were getting us on. They pretty much took the D-line out of the rush. They've got a 6-7 quarterback and his dropback in a screen looks like a regular dropback. They were having success on that."

On Arkansas' success running the ball: "We knew going into the game they were a pretty dirty team as far as blocking. We knew we were going to have to get nasty with them. That's just one thing I feel like we should've emphasized even more this week."
Ole Miss defensive coordinator Wesley McGriff

On Arkansas' screen passes: "One of the best teams I've seen execute screens. We coached them up on it, we planned for it. We knew in the red zone the screen was going to come alive, the tight end was going to come alive and they did. And they executed it."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Ole Miss has been through a lot, including a devastating loss to Arkansas Saturday. When does it become too much?

QuoteIt all starts to add up over time.

As far as off-field issues, Ole Miss players have had to go through the NCAA ordeal and Hugh Freeze's resignation. On the field, things haven't been much better. In the past month, the Rebels have suffered a 63-point loss to Alabama, lost their starting quarterback and just blew a 24-point lead to Arkansas.

So there's been a lot of blows to the mental psyche of this football team. At some point, there has to be a breaking point right?

"I think we all worry about that," Matt Luke said. "But they've proven they can just keep getting up."

The Rebels' latest response - for better or worse - to last week's devastating loss will come against Kentucky Saturday (3 p.m., SEC Network) at Kroger Field.

"When we go to Kentucky on Saturday," Luke said, "I want people to be like, 'Dang, this team won't go away.'
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.