Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worst halftime/commercials ever?

Started by 010HogFan, February 01, 2009, 07:23:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

010HogFan

I haven't been impressed by one commercial, and halftime was terrible.

-ok, the "lmao" one that's on right now is kind of funny. but that's about it.

RazrRila99

I guess i am just different, because Ive liked the commercials and the halftime was better than the last two.  At least I know who Bruce Springsteen is.  Janet/Justin ruined the halftime for 'modern' musical acts.

010HogFan

Don't get me wrong, there are some decent commercials. I just haven't been impressed with them compared to previous years.

sooieet

Bruce was HUGE in 1983.  Couldn't they find someone decent that had a hit while these players were alive? 

94 Hawg

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

HOG FAN 4 LIFE

Go Hogs! Go Rangers! Go Cowboys! Go Mavs! Go Stars!

vandybuff

Quote from: sooieet on February 01, 2009, 08:55:55 pm
Bruce was HUGE in 1983.  Couldn't they find someone decent that had a hit while these players were alive? 

Yes, I guess at the last minute they realized that Guy Lombardo died and his Royal Canadian orchestra was disbanded.  So enter Bruce.
:)
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

vandybuff

Quote from: HOG FAN 4 LIFE on February 01, 2009, 09:28:46 pm
Terrible and terrible.

I don't watch the game, but usually as soon as it starts all the ads are on youtube -- I was very disappointed this year.

Hawgndaaz

It just made me sick to see the car commercials, knowing how much was paid for the slot and how much they begged for money the last few months. If your 3 million dollar commercial isn't funny, no one cares about what you have to offer.

vandybuff

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 01, 2009, 09:44:09 pm
It just made me sick to see the car commercials, knowing how much was paid for the slot and how much they begged for money the last few months. If your 3 million dollar commercial isn't funny, no one cares about what you have to offer.
I once owned an Olds and a Buick -- my neighbors thought that was pretty funny.

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 01, 2009, 09:44:09 pm

I don't remember Audi begging for money.  Seriously I don't remember GM, Ford or Chrysler commercials.

vandybuff

The only car ad that I remember from youtube was a guy with a helmet on a test track - do not remember the car brand.

LL COOL HOG

That was Huyndai... Don't think they begged for money unless they are owned by GM.

Hawgndaaz

I think it was a Ford truck commercial

RazrRila99

You have to remember that could have been a "local" spot too.  The local affiliates are allocated a certain number of spots.  They may not have sold their allotment so put a "generic" commercial there. 

I dont remember any GM/Ford/Chrysler ads.  I really enjoyed the Audi spot.

hawgrunner