Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stadium expansion and tailgating questions?

Started by BrickTwnHog, August 30, 2016, 07:33:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BrickTwnHog

I've been looking around and I can not find anywhere that states when they will be starting construction on the stadium.
Anyone have any info on this?

Also, I was wondering if the tailgating along razorback road down towards Baum is first come first serve? I always see the cars parked in the grass there as I'm walking to the stadium and was curious. I have been going to a couple games every year and have yet to get into the tailgating scene for various reasons. Where are some of the better spots and what makes it your favorite?

Hogeration

After this season. Long said right after the final home game whistle blows.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: SpaHog1986 on August 30, 2016, 07:33:04 pm
I've been looking around and I can not find anywhere that states when they will be starting construction on the stadium.
Anyone have any info on this?

Also, I was wondering if the tailgating along razorback road down towards Baum is first come first serve? I always see the cars parked in the grass there as I'm walking to the stadium and was curious. I have been going to a couple games every year and have yet to get into the tailgating scene for various reasons. Where are some of the better spots and what makes it your favorite?

I wished they would not let the students park in the spaces next to the grass in the Baum parking lots. That takes many of the prime lots away from tailgaters.

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 30, 2016, 09:45:42 pm
I wished they would not let the students park in the spaces next to the grass in the Baum parking lots. That takes many of the prime lots away from tailgaters.

It would be much simpler if they just would outlaw cars for freshmen!

RME

Quote from: ricepig on August 30, 2016, 10:07:55 pm

Yeah, let's make life harder for the ever-increasing students from D-FW and KC so that some people can have a more convenient Saturday 7-8 times out of the year.

ricepig

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 30, 2016, 10:15:18 pm
Yeah, let's make life harder for the ever-increasing students from D-FW and KC so that some people can have a more convenient Saturday 7-8 times out of the year.

You finally are understanding it. I knew you'd come around the longer you were from being a student.

RME

Quote from: ricepig on August 30, 2016, 10:31:39 pm
You finally are understanding it. I knew you'd come around the longer you were from being a student.

Like a fine wine -- only gets better with age, right?

ImHogginIt

August 31, 2016, 06:42:51 am #7 Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 06:53:17 am by ImHogginIt
Quote from: ricepig on August 30, 2016, 10:07:55 pm

They make them move their cars to Baum so wealthy donors can have their spots closer to the stadium. It would be nice if they would park in any one of the gazillion spaces at Baum besides the ones that are next to the grassy areas. Those spots should be available to fans to use for tailgating. That's not too much to ask in order to help out fans the UA needs to fill those pesky upperdeck areas that are not club seats  :P

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 31, 2016, 06:42:51 am
They make them move their cars to Baum so wealthy donors can have their spots closer to the stadium. It would be nice if they would park in any one of the gazillion spaces at Baum besides the ones that are next to the grassy areas. Those spots should be available to fans to use for tailgating. That's not too much to ask in order to help out fans the UA needs to fill those pesky upperdeck areas that are not club seats  :P

Oh, I know. I took my oldest to get his car every Sunday after brunch as we were leaving Fayetteville in his freshman year. My daughter had a parking deck spot, so she didn't have to move. It makes sense to me, maybe the RF could charge you for that "free" parking, lol???

parallaxpig

FYI...... For those who park/tailgate in pit, the Broyles expansion will take out a couple of rows of parking and future expansion of Maple street will take out a couple of rows.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on August 31, 2016, 07:23:32 am
Oh, I know. I took my oldest to get his car every Sunday after brunch as we were leaving Fayetteville in his freshman year. My daughter had a parking deck spot, so she didn't have to move. It makes sense to me, maybe the RF could charge you for that "free" parking, lol???

I'm surprised they don't already as well as charge for the shuttle back and forth. They might even get the bright idea to have Petit Jean Meat commercials play on the shuttle  :puke:

ricepig

Quote from: parallaxpig on August 31, 2016, 07:37:21 am
FYI...... For those who park/tailgate in pit, the Broyles expansion will take out a couple of rows of parking and future expansion of Maple street will take out a couple of rows.

Correct, the athletic department is providing 300 parking spaces when those are eliminated.