Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USATODAY rerank 1-128

Started by Hogwild, August 30, 2016, 11:52:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/08/30/1-128-college-football-rerank-alabama-ohio-state-florida-state-clemson/89537594/

They list the Razorback as the 40th best team in the nation, down 9 spots from where they had positioned at the end of last season. Just ahead of Western Kentucky, Temple, Appalachain State, and Navy.

Some of the  teams jumped us are (please do read if you have anything in your mouth, don't want you to start laughing and choke)

Auburn up 31 spots, La Tech up 6 spots, Western Michigan up 26 spots, and Texas up 49 spots.

hei5manhog

"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

rzrbackramsfan

That is the wackest list I've seen yet. 

go hogues

Talkin' season's almost over.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

thefisher

There are some highly .... suspect ..... teams rated well above the Hogs.  Weird list for sure!

Western Michigan?!?!?!
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Inhogswetrust

Gannett............enough said.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DLUXHOG

Not one game has been played yet, so I'd take this with a grain of salt....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Seebs

I literally did not realize USAToday still existed. Next you will tell me AOL is still around.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

GB-Razorback

San Diego State at 14th.  Hum ... sounds right.  Only because they play NOBODY. 

That would be 14th in the SEC, right?
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

HappyFan

Are they high? They have La Tech 7 spots ahead of us.  I crapped something this morning with more football IQ than that idiot.   :puke:

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Seebs on August 30, 2016, 12:00:17 pm
I literally did not realize USAToday still existed. Next you will tell me AOL is still around.
Their internet service is gone, but I still use AOL for my email
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Seebs

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 30, 2016, 01:51:16 pm
Their internet service is gone, but I still use AOL for my email

Just guessing - You sir are 71 years old.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

DLUXHOG

AOL recently purchased Verizon FIOS services........

DeltaBoy

USATODAY is clueless.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

longpig

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 30, 2016, 11:56:25 am

Actually, several games have been played.  ;D
Don't be scared, be smart.

Biggus Piggus

That's Paul Myerberg, who didn't like Arkansas fans' response after he rated the Razorbacks really low, 89th, below Arkansas State -- I believe it was prior to the 2014 season. He has carried a grudge against the Razorbacks ever since. Bo had Myerberg on his show. Something unpleasant went down along the way.

He intentionally ranked Texas ahead of Arkansas in his 2015 preseason rankings, after the Hogs had destroyed the Horns in the Texas Bowl.

Given his pattern, I'd say that getting into the top 40 is great progress.
[CENSORED]!

PonderinHog

I guess we need to win one for Paulie.

The Kig

The only reason I did is that I stay in numerous hotels who may be their only remaining customer.  I step over this rag on my way out of my room.  Haven't picked one up in years. 

Not entirely sure how ANY physical newspaper company still exists.
Poker Porker

Hogwild

Quote from: GB-Razorback on August 30, 2016, 12:40:46 pm
San Diego State at 14th.  Hum ... sounds right.  Only because they play NOBODY. 

That would be 14th in the SEC, right?

Look at it this way they have Kentucky in middle of the pack, 4th in the East, but 74th overall.

But what do you expect from a poll that has UCLA ahead of Clemson. 

RME

Quote from: Hogwild on August 30, 2016, 04:54:53 pm
Look at it this way they have Kentucky in middle of the pack, 4th in the East, but 74th overall.

But what do you expect from a poll that has UCLA ahead of Clemson.

For whatever comparison it's worth for all of these preseason polls, in terms of winning the 2017 CFP National Championship, Vegas has Arkansas' odds ranked between 28-32.

Alabama 7.00 LSU 7.50 Clemson 7.50 Ohio State 10.00 Michigan 10.00 Florida State 10.00 Tennessee 13.00 Oklahoma 15.00 Notre Dame 21.00 Stanford 29.00 Georgia 34.00 USC 34.00 Oregon 41.00 Mississippi 41.00 TCU 41.00 Washington U 41.00 Florida 41.00 Baylor 51.00 Michigan State 51.00 UCLA 51.00 Auburn 51.00 Oklahoma State 67.00 Houston U 67.00 Louisville 67.00 Iowa 67.00 Texas A&M 67.00 Texas 67.00 North Carolina 101.00 Utah U 101.00 Arkansas 101.00 Wisconsin 101.00 Miami Florida 101.00

BrickTwnHog

You could probably use the San Diego State ranking to argue that the entire SEC should in the top 40. I would wager that any SEC team would beat sdsu by 2 scores.

PhiBetaHawg

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 30, 2016, 02:32:52 pm
AOL recently purchased Verizon FIOS
Other way around...Verizon recently purchased AOL...and Yahoo..

Bubba's Bruisers

Many preseason ranking are past on recent historical results.  Our recent historical results have generally sucked.  So 40th is to be expected.  Me thinks we'll finish higher than that.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hog N Bama

USA Today has gotten so small I rarely notice it..much like their staff.

sickboy

Other way around. Verizon bought AOL.

razorbackkid

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 30, 2016, 11:56:25 am
Or the Salt Flats of Nevada, Arizona and New Mexico combined.  But hey, I have a large salt shaker.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Pig In The City

Quote from: go hogues on August 30, 2016, 11:54:09 am
Talkin' season's almost over.
I'm with you. Talk is cheap. It all happens on Saturdays from now on.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: PhiBetaHawg on August 30, 2016, 08:40:07 pm
Other way around...Verizon recently purchased AOL...and Yahoo..
my bad... Frontier actually acquired Verizon Fios in several markets (DFW being one of them...)
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2016/04/08/frontier-completes-its-verizon-deal-and-its-not-go.aspx

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Pig In The City on August 31, 2016, 07:08:38 am
I'm with you. Talk is cheap. It all happens on Saturdays from now on.
TN fans are disappointed to hear that.