Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Depth Charts for players gone elsewhere...

Started by hawgsalot, August 30, 2016, 10:00:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgsalot

Just looking at a few depth charts and found some interesting notes.  I see no sight of KJ hill at Ohio State he might be their 7 WR.  Josh Frazier is 2nd team NG for bama but has a soph in front of him, he may actually get a little time in his 4th year on campus.  These kids probably would have played more here or maybe they weren't all they were built up to be, only time will tell.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jm

I am not convinced that either one would have played more here. We are pretty strong in terms of both quality and depth in those positions. 

Biggus Piggus

Ohio State suspended Torrance Gibson and still listed seven receivers on the depth chart without including K.J. Hill. I am surprised they have two 5-10, 185 guys and two 5-11, 200-ish ahead of Hill.
[CENSORED]!

hei5manhog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 30, 2016, 10:20:31 am
Ohio State suspended Torrance Gibson and still listed seven receivers on the depth chart without including K.J. Hill. I am surprised they have two 5-10, 185 guys and two 5-11, 200-ish ahead of Hill.

JF would have played and contributed here. KJ probably would have seen action last year, but honestly we've got plenty of depth there. I have a feeling he'll be lost in the shuffle at OSU for four years.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 30, 2016, 10:01:54 am
Yes your correct.

Gee thanks coach. Your knowledge of who would play more where is uncanny.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

trphog

Let's not compare our WR unit to tOSU. Ours is far better....... I'm really not joking

PorkSoda

I'm like hearing about where they end up from a curiosity standpoint, not a judgement standpoint.

we have plenty of good players on our team and its no guarantee they would be starting here either.

all these kids are just trying to make the best decision for them.  none of us have a crystal ball to see the outcome of all possible choices.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hogsanity

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 30, 2016, 01:18:15 pm
I'm like hearing about where they end up from a curiosity standpoint, not a judgement standpoint.

we have plenty of good players on our team and its no guarantee they would be starting here either.

all these kids are just trying to make the best decision for them.  none of us have a crystal ball to see the outcome of all possible choices.

Does seem that many of the in staters that go elsewhere don't do much.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PorkSoda

Quote from: hogsanity on August 30, 2016, 01:35:17 pm
and I'm not convinced that a 7th string WR at Ohio State is going to start here.  now if they were first string at ohio state or bama, then it would hurt a little more not getting them.

but I'm still not going to look down on them. 
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Pork Ranger

King Kong

King Kong

PorkSoda

"They both look good," EIU coach Kim Dameron said. "The great thing about it, they have a great camaraderie with each other and they are constantly competing to outdo the other and make plays.

"The best running back tandem in the FCS," Church said. "I think Korliss and I are going to be a great one-two punch. You take me out of the game, you're not losing a step. You take Korliss out of the game, you aren't losing a step with me. We are at you every play of the game. The speed, the versatility. Both of us can catch the ball out of the backfield and both of us can line up and return kicks."

sounds like both will be getting touches.  I bet he makes a lot of noise in the FCS.  he definitely has the physical abilities.

longpig

Quote from: King Kong on August 30, 2016, 02:02:22 pm
This is his first year eligible and he is battling an Illionis transfer for PT

http://herald-review.com/church-marshall-give-eiu-playmaking-backs/article_2c2c524a-2daa-5c97-9f8b-762329f9a031.html
It's good to know that KM is back playing football and not in the booty house.
Don't be scared, be smart.

hogsfan31

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 30, 2016, 10:20:31 am

Oh well, I hope they sure enjoyed holding and kissing that National Championship trophy. Doesn't look like he's getting any playing time soon.

hei5manhog

"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

SEdrhawg

Quote from: jm on August 30, 2016, 10:05:08 am
I am not convinced that either one would have played more here. We are pretty strong in terms of both quality and depth in those positions.

Frazier would have played this year.  Our 2 backup DTs are both true freshmen.

HogBreath

Quote from: SEdrhawg on August 31, 2016, 02:48:17 pm
Bijohn Jackson said yeah that's right.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Poker_hog

If Frazier is in Bama's D line rotation, he's not a bust.  He did missed a chance to be a home state hero.  He's just another body there.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Seebs

Cold War motives

Bama gets Arkansas players from helping Arkansas and buries them behind their five star players. Arkansas cannot use them and Bama benefits. They leave and cannot transfer to an SEC school.   
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Hog N Bama

These guys will never learn that if the grass looks greener out of state, it's most likely an illusion.

hei5manhog

Quote from: Seebs on August 31, 2016, 09:12:56 pm
Cold War motives

Bama gets Arkansas players from helping Arkansas and buries them behind their five star players. Arkansas cannot use them and Bama benefits. They leave and cannot transfer to an SEC school.   

I've felt this is the case for a long time. Saban knows he can really hurt the smaller sec schools (us ole miss and state) by taking a couple of their top homegrown talents each season. It's not like they have no value to him, but they have to be transcendent to really impact that team. But us missing a 4 star or two each season because he flashes his rings at them is far more damaging with our limited base.

hogsanity

Quote from: hei5manhog on September 01, 2016, 10:06:45 am
I've felt this is the case for a long time. Saban knows he can really hurt the smaller sec schools (us ole miss and state) by taking a couple of their top homegrown talents each season. It's not like they have no value to him, but they have to be transcendent to really impact that team. But us missing a 4 star or two each season because he flashes his rings at them is far more damaging with our limited base.

same thing Texas used to do in the days of unlimited scholarships. They'd sign every kids worth a darn they could out of Texas and Oklahoma, knowing full well most would never see the field for the Horns except walking to and from the bench before and after games. But they knew those players would not be playing against them either.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

FineAsSwine

Now I understand Calipari's plan. Evil bastage!

JaketheSnake

Joseph Putu is on the 2 deep at corner for Florida.  Hope we can stick it to him.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: hogsanity on August 30, 2016, 01:35:17 pm
not the great KeVaughn Allen. He's amazing

jkstock04

Quote from: SEdrhawg on August 31, 2016, 02:48:17 pm
Don't think it's player bashing since he's long gone elsewhere...but when I saw him play in high school a few times I was extremely unimpressed. Felt he was mostly hype.

I didn't think we missed out on much of anything there. Not saying he would've never seen the field...but not a huge difference maker type of player.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

supersaint

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 01, 2016, 01:55:47 pm
Don't think it's player bashing since he's long gone elsewhere...but when I saw him play in high school a few times I was extremely unimpressed. Felt he was mostly hype.

I didn't think we missed out on much of anything there. Not saying he would've never seen the field...but not a huge difference maker type of player.

Same here. He was pretty lazy on the field.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: supersaint on September 01, 2016, 09:44:22 pm
Same here. He was pretty lazy on the field.

He couldn't press his own weight in high school. Lacked work ethic.

We got the better deal that year. By far.

code red

Without a
Quote from: trphog on August 30, 2016, 11:44:19 am
Let's not compare our WR unit to tOSU. Ours is far better....... I'm really not joking
We are probably one of the best corps in the nation.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

FineAsSwine

KJ was mentioned in an interview by Coach Meyer as one of several really good looking young receivers who could make an impact this year. Don't know if he has had an injury or fallen behind but looks like KJ has caught the eye of the head coach and he will likely break into the depth chart in his sophomore or junior seasons. If not, he might come back home or go somewhere else where he can get on the field. He's too good not to.

jgphillips3

Guys, I'm from NLR and I've talked to people close to the kid over time.  The whole situation was overblown.  Assistant's leaving was the reason he waffled and he was still, within an eyelash of going to Arkansas but even Bielema told him near the end that he wouldn't blame him if he just got the heck out of dodge.  The kid got caught in s**t show of adults.  It happens.  Kids make mistakes.  He has some regrets about the whole thing.  Now, to be fair, had he gone to Bama, I couldn't forgive him, but OSU is out of sight out of mind.  Let him be.

hoggusamoungus

IronMountainHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 02, 2016, 04:30:19 pm
Guys, I'm from NLR and I've talked to people close to the kid over time.  The whole situation was overblown.  Assistant's leaving was the reason he waffled and he was still, within an eyelash of going to Arkansas but even Bielema told him near the end that he wouldn't blame him if he just got the heck out of dodge.  The kid got caught in s**t show of adults.  It happens.  Kids make mistakes.  He has some regrets about the whole thing.  Now, to be fair, had he gone to Bama, I couldn't forgive him, but OSU is out of sight out of mind.  Let him be.
The whole bs press conference at the Arkansas Hall of Fame was ALL HIM. After all that pomp and circumstance to decommit was pure bs. The kid is/was a shrimp and will never see the field up in Columbus for any extended stretch.

hawgfan4life

My biggest problem is he committed with a huge production.  There was no reason to de-commit afterward such as the head coach had departed.  In my opinion, he thought he was a big deal, didn't know if AR quite measured up to his greatness with the offense they ran and the expected success they might produce, and he went for the bigger and better program that measured up to his ability.  That is my opinion and I could be wrong as easily as correct.  Right or wrong, he would have served himself much better to have never committed and then back-out to go to the OSU.  I am sure he was somewhat torn about going to the UofA, but how much of that was based on his feeling of loyalty to AR and his love for the Helmet versus his love of himself and is vision of being a big deal at AR.

I don't wish him failure and I don't wish him success.  I just wished he would have stayed true to his commitment or never made it in the first place. 

East TN HAWG

Saban only has 25ish scholarships every year.  That is not enough slots to take one from Arkansas and hurt Arkansas.   He takes the best 25 he can take at the positions he needs.  If they wash out, he will take another one the next year.

That stuff happened a couple of decades ago.  Depth is more important when numbers are tight.  Arkansas has not beaten Bama in years.  I doubt his eye is on us.

bennyl08

Otha Peters is the starting MLB for ULL as he was last year and has been very successful.

damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Paul

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 02, 2016, 04:15:38 pm
KJ was mentioned in an interview by Coach Meyer as one of several really good looking young receivers who could make an impact this year. Don't know if he has had an injury or fallen behind but looks like KJ has caught the eye of the head coach and he will likely break into the depth chart in his sophomore or junior seasons. If not, he might come back home or go somewhere else where he can get on the field. He's too good not to.
not to the Razorbacks.  BB has stated such.

The Boar War

Quote from: hei5manhog on August 30, 2016, 11:07:18 am
JF would have played and contributed here. KJ probably would have seen action last year, but honestly we've got plenty of depth there. I have a feeling he'll be lost in the shuffle at OSU for four years.

I doubt he'll be on scholarship for four years if he doesn't produce.

greasy_corner

I understand it, but will be glad when threads like these don't exist in the near future. 

On a side note, anyone know how soloman thomas is doing?

JIHawg

Could anyone give an update on the five players who turned us down at the end of the recruiting season?  Have they made any two deep rosters?

Hogarusa

From twitter: KJ Hill was inadvertently left off the two-deep. So apparently every WR on the roster is in Ohio State's two-deep.

KJ is a RS Fresh at a top 5 program. Its real early to suggest he made an incorrect decision.  Check back in 2018
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

TDHawgs

RME

Quote from: Hogarusa on September 02, 2016, 11:37:49 pm
From twitter: KJ Hill was inadvertently left off the two-deep. So apparently every WR on the roster is in Ohio State's two-deep.

KJ is a RS Fresh at a top 5 program. Its real early to suggest he made an incorrect decision.  Check back in 2018

Shhhhh. Don't take the wind out of the sails of those who think that kids who leave the state have made the worst decision of their life!

bennyl08

Quote from: greasy_corner on September 02, 2016, 10:30:27 pm
I understand it, but will be glad when threads like these don't exist in the near future. 

On a side note, anyone know how soloman thomas is doing?

Out of curiosity, why? Sure, for players who never signed here it makes sense not to worry about where they went. But, for players who did sign here and transfer, there's a part of them that decided being a hog was the right decision. Having the fan base continue to support them after they leave is a good thing IMO. As for players who never signed, if they were from Arkansas, there's a part of many of us who feel a since of loyalty with the state itself, not just the university. I want every talented player in state to go to Arkansas, but at the same time, I want players from Arkansas to have success regardless. Except if it is against Arkansas.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 02, 2016, 05:08:04 pm
Otha Peters is the starting MLB for ULL as he was last year and has been very successful.
I think injury bug was still biting him last year seems he missed 4 or 5 games. That being said, he is the one that I hated losing the most, followed by Korliss, and close behind Kendrick Edwards you just can't replicate 6'6" with speed every day.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on August 30, 2016, 01:53:35 pm
Any idea how Korliss Marshall is doing?

In Korliss Marshall's first game at Eastern Illinois vs. Western Illinois:

10 rushes for 37 yards and 0 TD's.

4 receptions for 111 yards and 1 TD.

So 148 all purpose yards for 1 TD in a loss to WIU due to 3 turnovers.

Also had 1 KO Return for 21 yards.
Go Hogs Go!