Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uniforms Inspired by What? (And Texas' unis just got WORSE)

Started by Oklahawg, August 28, 2016, 08:50:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Inhogswetrust

I never thought tejas's could get any uglier.......until now. Of course anything burnt orange is fugly.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 28, 2016, 09:10:32 pm
I never thought tejas's could get any uglier.......until now. Of course anything burnt orange is fugly.
Most of the other ones were badass, though (not texas or texas tech's).
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hamARchy in the USA

They shouldn't be burnt orange.  They should be burnt.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on August 28, 2016, 10:06:45 pm
They shouldn't be burnt orange.  They should be burnt.

Of course! I yield to your brilliant suggestion.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

RazorWhacker

The lacey stuff on them kinda fits their style, though.

Man, Kansas' was BAADD ugly. Made my eyes hurt.

Oklahawg

Tech looked like they were waiters at a country club (maybe the closest Tech players will get to a country club?).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 28, 2016, 10:39:44 pm
Tech looked like they were waiters at a country club (maybe the closest Tech players will get to a country club?).

K-State and TCU probably looked the best.

Texass was just as ghey as their current see thru pants
This is my non-signature signature.

Boardon Hamsay

Some of those are really sharp. TCU, WVU, OU, and Okie St all cool. I'd love to see us come up with an actual "A" fronted jersey to go with the chrome helmets. Tons of potential in the making! Plus, the entertainment value here from those that get their sacks tucked over unis would be fantastic!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

PorkSoda

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 28, 2016, 09:31:59 pm
Most of the other ones were badass, though (not texas or texas tech's).
umm no, the were all hideous.  some more than others (baylor and OSU weren't terrible), but holy crap, that I am going to have to watch some big 12 football just to laugh my azz off when they take the field.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 29, 2016, 07:31:18 pm
umm no, the were all hideous.  some more than others, but holy crap, that I am going to have to watch some big 12 football just to laugh my azz off when they take the field.

I laugh at em without the uniforms.

And hopefully Tech goes 0-11 this year. I caint stan Dinglebarry.
This is my non-signature signature.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on August 29, 2016, 07:33:36 pm
I laugh at em without the uniforms.

And hopefully Tech goes 0-11 this year. I caint stan Dinglebarry.
no doubt.  the big 12 is taking their reputation as the laughing stock of college football seriously and are taking steps to more actively promote that image.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

5HOG5

Quote from: RazorWhacker on August 28, 2016, 10:36:37 pm
The lacey stuff on them kinda fits their style, though.

Man, Kansas' was BAADD ugly. Made my eyes hurt.
KU used to have blue and white uni's like there BB team (they were awesome), and the team played better in them. But sorry to say those days are gone!

zane

Most were pretty sharp

UT and TT are not part of that group
RIP LSUfan

5HOG5

Didn't want to make another topic, but here is the SEC:

https://www.collegemarching.com/content/sec-alternate-football-jerseys-based-on-band-uniform

Like the regular Arkansas unis better..

RME

Quote from: 5HOG5 on August 31, 2016, 02:48:54 pm
Didn't want to make another topic, but here is the SEC:

https://www.collegemarching.com/content/sec-alternate-football-jerseys-based-on-band-uniform

Mizzou and Georgia have the most decent look in my opinion. I was shocked they didn't put a razorback hog logo on the front helmet. Im not to crazy about how they did the Arkansas alt uni, but again its a band look i guess

Looks pretty perfectly replicated to me.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

DOGALUM

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 31, 2016, 03:00:00 pm
jeez, our band....
We could use some new/different band unis.  I've never been a fan.  Some band unis are ok.....I just don't like ours.  (and I love the band....this isn't a hate post) 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

PorkSoda

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 31, 2016, 02:53:08 pm
Looks pretty perfectly replicated to me.

by perfect, I assume you mean poor, lazy, or weak, then sure.

at least have the sash graphic go all the way from the shoulder to hip.

PorkSoda

RME

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 31, 2016, 05:45:15 pm
by perfect, I assume you mean poor, lazy, or weak, then sure.

at least have the sash graphic go all the way from the shoulder to hip.

I'm not gonna get into some band alternate-uniform debate, but it seems as though the side section where the sash graphic would end turns into a breathable mesh material that is more conducive for the player. For continuity purposes, it seems pretty well-reasoned.

And with that, I'm done talking about alternate uniforms that resemble band uniforms.

PonderinHog