Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Over/Under Name mix ups this year for Austin Allen?

Started by Arazorbackguy1, August 28, 2016, 04:27:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

How many times will we hear announcers say Brandon instead of Austin this year?  I say at least 3 or 4 times a game.  So, I'm saying at least 50 for the year. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Sed76

If we get the CBS game with Verne there is no telling not only how many times he mixes up the names but calls him something totally different.

ricepig

Quote from: Sed76 on August 28, 2016, 04:33:21 pm
If we get the CBS game with Verne there is no telling not only how many times he mixes up the names but calls him something totally different.

I figure Verne will be good for an Austin Powers, Austin Texas, and a few Brandon Allen's.

Bacons Rebellion

To bad we schedule Alcorn instead of Stephen F. Austin.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is the stuff we really should be talking about. Seriously.

On the season, 50 does seem light, probably 6 times per game.

On another note, playing catch with a little fabric Hog football in the living room with my son, I pitched it to him, he rolled right and tried throwing it out the window.

Immediately deleted every game from the 13 &14 seasons off my DVR that I have been saving because Jim Chaney is still living thru my DVR and I caint have that crap infect my impressionable 3 yo son. May run last year's Liberty bowl on a continuous loop until the season starts next weekend to counteract the  Chaneys that have infested my living room.

Next thing you know he'll be taking 30 minutes to go from the living room to the dining room via every room on the other side of the house.

That is all.
This is my non-signature signature.

FANONTHEHILL

I bet there won't be any and that Brandon will do a great job!!
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

hamARchy in the USA

Allen Austin is a gimme.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on August 28, 2016, 05:28:21 pm
Allen Austin is a gimme.

When Austin Capps has the highest completion percentage in the division, the TV will go to mute.
This is my non-signature signature.

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on August 28, 2016, 05:29:19 pm
When Austin Capps has the highest completion percentage in the division, the TV will go to mute.

+1

Pig in the Pokey

Bound to be called Kyle Allen at some point, too.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

longpig

under, they'll start gettin it right when AA starts lightin it up.  ;D
Don't be scared, be smart.

go hogues

But he knows the Alabama roster down to middle names, blood types and even the waterboys names. Sooooo beyond time that dinosaur turned in his headset.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: go hogues on August 28, 2016, 09:37:45 pm
But he knows the Alabama roster down to middle names, blood types and even the waterboys names. Sooooo beyond time that dinosaur turned in his headset.

I thought he hung it up this year?  However, 2016 is his last year.  Should be a fun one!

longpig

I'll take Jaba the Verne over Mack chatterbox Brown.
Don't be scared, be smart.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hog N Bama

popcornhog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on August 28, 2016, 04:27:02 pm
How many times will we hear announcers say Brandon instead of Austin this year?  I say at least 3 or 4 times a game.  So, I'm saying at least 50 for the year.

WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 28, 2016, 10:10:15 pm
I bet we hear one Wisconsin first.

Brandon Allen may just lead the Badgers to a Rose Bowl this year.
WPS

AugustaHog

Isn't Verne put out to pasture?  I thought I heard that somewhere and I know that they got Brad Nessler to replace him.  I'm just not sure if that's for this year or next.

AugustaHog

If he is indeed gone, that will cut the name screw ups in half.

AugustaHog

Arrrgh! It's after this season.  Just means we have one more insufferable year listening to that old coot.

hogsfan31

Or how many times will we hear, Austin Allen Brandon Allens younger brother or whatever variation of that.

oldhawg

It may be time for him to retire, but Verne is 76 and still working.  Give the guy a break.  How many of you will still be working at 76?

ricepig

Quote from: hogsfan31 on August 29, 2016, 09:54:28 am
Or how many times will we hear, Austin Allen Brandon Allens younger brother or whatever variation of that.

That number doesn't exist yet, it's still somewhere out in space.

B501

PonderinHog

razorbackkid

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 29, 2016, 04:36:58 pm
He's Arizona's quarterback, right ???
Just noticed this thread but I had the exact same thought.  Arizona Razorbacks led by Austin (chose random name).
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

HardingHog

Quote from: hogsfan31 on August 29, 2016, 09:54:28 am
Something about him being Brandon's little brother will be mentioned as Austin and the offense jog out for their first series of the season, no doubt. It'll be the new "Biggest offensive line in football" for us this season.
Also, any game with Verne commentating is bound to have at least 10 name mix ups

razorbackkid

Quote from: b501 on August 29, 2016, 10:22:24 am

Love him, hate him, or just tired of him.  He'll be missed, honored and considered one of the all time greats when it's all said and done for him.

His energy and enthusiasm for the game is still there, his ability to accurately describe those feelings have indeed gone south.

Thank you for your love of the sport Verne.....many of us wish we could have sat in your chair at the game.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

HappyFan

AugustaHog

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 31, 2016, 02:07:09 am
Love him, hate him, or just tired of him.  He'll be missed, honored and considered one of the all time greats when it's all said and done for him.

His energy and enthusiasm for the game is still there, his ability to accurately describe those feelings have indeed gone south.

Thank you for your love of the sport Verne.....many of us wish we could have sat in your chair at the game.
Even when his faculties were at their peak, I've never been a huge Verne fan.  I do appreciate his enthusiasm and love for college football though.  Just glad they aren't replacing him with the guy who failed miserably during the "Henry Heave" last year.  Nessler is the best in the game and will be a welcome change.  Now if we can only get rid of Gary.

Hog N Bama

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on August 28, 2016, 05:28:21 pm
Allen Austin is a gimme.

I was going to post this if it hadn't been.

Two first names that can marginally be used as last ones is a recipe for name dyslexia every time.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?