Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Allen 'a different person’ after camp in Colorado

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, August 28, 2016, 05:46:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

August 28, 2016, 05:46:01 am Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 06:32:15 am by MuskogeeHogFan
Not the Manning Camp, but the camp that he and several others attended in Colorado Springs.

Allen was joined by several Razorback football players, including other offensive regulars Dan Skipper and Cody Hollister. All reported life-changing experiences. But it's most noticable in Allen just because the quarterback is clearly the leader of the team in most circumstances.

It didn't take Allen long to light up when talking about the UTC experience. He raved about the a 24-hour ordeal that tests physical and mental skills as no one can imagine. The physical work is to the point of ultimate fatigue, so that faith and leadership can be tested.

"Austin said he came back a different person," Ellis said. "It was easy to see, too. I saw a different person, a more confident person. He said it helped him a lot and I know it did."

That's not to say the Manning Passing Academy didn't provide Allen insight into playing quarterback. But it was the UTC experience that he rated tops.

More inside:
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/aug/28/allen-different-person-after-camp-colorado/
Go Hogs Go!

Hog N Bama

Outside camps help build a well rounded individual in many aspects of life. I'm glad CBB supports it for our Hogs. Not only do the benefits show on the field, but also in the young man's character as well. Thanks for sharing. :razorback:

FANONTHEHILL

Here's a shot of the Footballers that went.

L to R
Skipper, McPherson, Hollister, Baker, Richardson, Peavey, Eugene, Sone, with Austin kneeling in front.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 28, 2016, 01:45:04 pm
Here's a shot of the Footballers that went.

L to R
Skipper, McPherson, Hollister, Baker, Richardson, Peavey, Eugene, Sone, with Austin kneeling in front.

Great post and great pic! Thanks, Fan.
Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

Good for these boys.  They are doing all they can to WIN!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

daBoar

FANONTHEHILL

August 29, 2016, 03:31:47 pm #6 Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 03:58:10 pm by FANONTHEHILL
Quote from: daBoar on August 29, 2016, 08:50:17 am
That Sone kid is a big ole boy.  Congrats Fan.
Needs to be bigger. That was about 10lbs ago and he's got another 10-15 to go.  Up 26 since Coach Herbert got hold of him.  They want him at 300. The 6'3" isn't helping him either.  He should fill out more. Still 18.  Won't hit 19 until November.  Right now working with scout at guard.  Goes against Taiwan, Bijohn, Ledbetter, Capps, & Agim all day. It's great for him.  He is learning what it's going to take to get it done and giving the defense a good look at the same time.  Win/win.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015