Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keep Mike Irwin in your thoughts

Started by Jason Carroll, August 23, 2016, 10:28:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

Enough of this crap Mike.  It's damn near game week. 

Time to get back to work.

Arkamedes

"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

Wayne Watson

Update on Mike: He's doing fairly well. Tolerating food and no nauseau or pain from the gallbladder. He's reallly starting to feel the pain from his colon surgery - which is to be expected. We've been told by the doctor on call this weekend that Mike will probably be released from hospital tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

You guys and girls keep praying!

Thanks.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Wayne Watson on August 28, 2016, 01:52:03 pm
Update on Mike: He's doing fairly well. Tolerating food and no nauseau or pain from the gallbladder. He's reallly starting to feel the pain from his colon surgery - which is to be expected. We've been told by the doctor on call this weekend that Mike will probably be released from hospital tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Thanks.

Great news! Hang in there Mike! Prayers sent. Get well and get back to work! :)
Go Hogs Go!

PonderinHog

Get well soon, Mike.  That's an order!  Hogville needs you.  If they take your gall bladder, with they give you something to counteract all the unmitigated gall ???

PORKULATOR

Get well Mike. There will be prayers.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Wayne Watson on August 28, 2016, 01:52:03 pm

Thanks.

Thanks Wayne! That's good news!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jgphillips3

Thanks for the update.  Good to hear Mike is doing okay.

Razor6

Mike is very much invested in Arkansas.  We are much invested in him.  Prayers sent! 
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Joe Lee Kimes Jr.

In my mind Mike and Harry King are now the historians of Arkansas football.  Legendary.  Get well soon, Mike!!

gmarv

thanks for the update. i,m keeping mike in my prayers.

DeltaBoy

Continued prayers for Mike Irwin!  Get well soon.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wayne Watson

Mike is coming home today!   :razorback:
We don't rent pigs

smb

GeorgiaHOG

woodhog14

Quote from: Wayne Watson on August 29, 2016, 12:54:46 pm

Just heard him on the radio on John Nabors' show The Forum. Good to have you back Mike!

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: Wayne Watson on August 29, 2016, 12:54:46 pm

Woo Pig!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

hogcard1964

Continued good thoughts and prayers for Mike.

hoglady

Great news to hear he got to go home!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PonderinHog

Quote from: hoglady on August 29, 2016, 05:13:35 pm
Great news to hear he got to go home!!
With or without his gall bladder?

Wayne Watson

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 29, 2016, 05:17:01 pm
With or without his gall bladder?

His wife didn't say but I'm thinking with.
We don't rent pigs

GuvHog

Quote from: woodhog14 on August 29, 2016, 01:04:44 pm
Just heard him on the radio on John Nabors' show The Forum. Good to have you back Mike!

No doubt about it. It's good to hear that Mike is home and recovering well.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Mike Irwin

The show was a replay because John Nabors played in a golf tourney today. I have lost my voice and could not say my name right now much less do a radio show. I'm going to go back to work tomorrow to do some writing on our website. I doubt I'll be at Saturday's game but we'll see.

My gallbladder is still intact. Taking it out at this time would be extremely difficult because it is located in an area where my colon resection was done.

Sometime in January all the parts will be rejoined and the gall bladder taken out. Hopefully that will be my last trip to the hospital except as an occasional visitor. In the meantime, as my surgeon put it, "We carved you up pretty good. You are loaded with stitches and you will be feeling them for a while. Take your meds. They're your friends. But don't drive while you're on them."

There have been many kind visitors and others wishing me well here and on Facebook & Twitter. I thank you all.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 29, 2016, 06:58:01 pm
The show was a replay because John Nabors played in a golf tourney today. I have lost my voice and could not say my name right now much less do a radio show. I'm going to go back to work tomorrow to do some writing on our website. I doubt I'll be at Saturday's game but we'll see.

My gallbladder is still intact. Taking it out at this time would be extremely difficult because it is located in an area where my colon resection was done.

Sometime in January all the parts will be rejoined and the gall bladder taken out. Hopefully that will be my last trip to the hospital except as an occasional visitor. In the meantime, as my surgeon put it, "We carved you up pretty good. You are loaded with stitches and you will be feeling them for a while. Take your meds. They're your friends. But don't drive while you're on them."

There have been many kind visitors and others wishing me well here and on Facebook & Twitter. I thank you all.

So glad you're home and can be pampered by your wonderful wife.  (Don't tell her I said that.)
We don't rent pigs

Hawgey-Davidson

Great news. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Hog N Bama

Hey Mike. Well wishes from Alabama. Glad you are better and hope to hear you on the radio show real soon! 👍😄

ThisTeetsTaken

Wow! Sounds like you're lucky to still be with us. Hang in there Mike!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

grayhawg

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

Porked Tongue

JRHoward

Get well soon Mike.  You have been missed!  Woo Pig.
Woooo Pig!

Hogfaniam

Heal quickly Mike
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

DeltaBoy

August 30, 2016, 08:03:26 am #82 Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 02:46:14 pm by DeltaBoy
That good news Mike. Glad your better.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PonderinHog

snoblind

hei5manhog

Best personality in the state. Hope he's back to full strength soon. We need more Monk takes!
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Kevin

glad to see you back.  take it easy, keep getting well
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SiriusHog™

Justagp

So glad you are better Mike. Prayers are with you!