Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorbacks in the NFL

Started by bennyl08, July 31, 2016, 05:35:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

justmakeit2thebcs

August 31, 2016, 10:57:37 am #201 Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 11:53:09 am by justmakeit2thebcs
Razorbacks cut as the NFL rosters go to 75.

Zach Hocker
Cam Jefferson
Chris Gragg
Javontee Herndon

Rosters will be trimmed to 53 by Sat 3:00.

Brandon Allen            Jacksonville Jaguars              On the bubble/leaning out-Practice squad
Alvin Bailey               Cleveland Browns
Alex Collins               Seattle Seahawks
Knile Davis                Kansas City Chiefs                 On the bubble/leaning out
AJ Derby                   New England Patriots             On the bubble/ leaning in
Trey Flowers             New England Patriots
Rohan Gaines            Los Angeles Rams                   Expected to be cut
Cobi Hamilton            Pittsburgh Steelers                 On the bubble/leaning out
Hunter Henry             San Diego Chargers
Denver Kirkland         Oakland Raiders                     Expected to be cut
Ryan Mallett              Baltimore Ravens
Darren McFadden       Dallas Cowboys                     Could be traded/possibly cut but not likely
Tevin Mitchell            Indianapolis Colts                   On the bubble/leaning in
Jason Peters              Philadelphia Eagles
Darius Philon             San Diego Chargers
Chris Smith               Jacksonville Jaguars               Likely to be cut
Martrell Spaight         Washington Redskins
Travis Swanson         Detroit Lions
Robert Thomas          Carolina Panthers                   Expected to be cut
Sebastian Tretola       Tennessee Titans                   On the bubble/leaning in
Jonathan Williams      Buffalo Bills
Jarius Wright             Minnesota Vikings                  On the bubble/leaning in

alohawg

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on August 31, 2016, 10:57:37 am
Razorbacks cut as the NFL rosters go to 75.

Zach Hocker
Cam Jefferson
Chris Gragg
Javontee Herndon

Rosters will be trimmed to 53 by Sat 3:00.

Brandon Allen            Jacksonville Jaguars              On the bubble/leaning out-Practice squad
Alvin Bailey               Cleveland Browns
Alex Collins               Seattle Seahawks
Knile Davis                Kansas City Chiefs                 On the bubble/leaning out
AJ Derby                   New England Patriots             On the bubble/ leaning in
Trey Flowers             New England Patriots
Rohan Gaines            Los Angeles Rams                   Expected to be cut
Cobi Hamilton            Pittsburgh Steelers                 On the bubble/leaning out
Hunter Henry             San Diego Chargers
Denver Kirkland         Oakland Raiders                     Expected to be cut
Ryan Mallett              Baltimore Ravens
Darren McFadden       Dallas Cowboys                     Could be traded/possibly cut but not likely
Tevin Mitchell            Indianapolis Colts                   On the bubble/leaning in
Jason Peters              Philadelphia Eagles
Darius Philon             San Diego Chargers
Chris Smith               Jacksonville Jaguars               Likely to be cut
Martrell Spaight         Washington Redskins
Travis Swanson         Detroit Lions
Robert Thomas          Carolina Panthers                   Expected to be cut
Sebastian Tretola       Tennessee Titans                   On the bubble/leaning in
Jonathan Williams      Buffalo Bills
Jarius Wright             Minnesota Vikings                  On the bubble/leaning in

My prediction, these guys I highlighted make the 53.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

daprospecta

I highly doubt Jarius Wright is cut.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: alohawg on August 31, 2016, 01:03:37 pm
I hope you are right.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: daprospecta on August 31, 2016, 01:54:51 pm
I highly doubt Jarius Wright is cut.
Not sure he has been injured, clearly looks to be in the 5-7 range on the depth chart right now, I would think it relies on how friendly his cap # would be if he is cut.

hawginbigd1

Really going to be sad if Kirkland doesn't make it on a practice squad somewhere.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: alohawg on August 31, 2016, 01:03:37 pm

I agree on BA and Knile. But I think Cobi will be cut. Which is a shame he has played very well and his game fits the Steelers

hei5manhog

Spaight had a 3 tackles last night. I didn't watch so i don't know if he was more impactful than that or not.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

justmakeit2thebcs

BA will start and most likely play the whole game tonight against the Falcons.   Practice squad is worst case, tonight will probably determine his short term fate.   One thing in his favor is that quite a few teams interested and practice squad guys are basically free agents if another team is willing to put them on the 53 man roster.  To keep him, the Jags may have to put him on the 53.

alohawg

Collins can't catch a break. It almost seems like they're intentionally setting him up to fail in these situations.  ::) 
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

bennyl08

Official list of roster cuts (didn't get to update that since I went camping)

Chris Gragg was officially cut after the ACL tear with a reserve/injured designation meaning that if no other team picks him up, Bill can keep him on their IR for the year. Speculation is that they will do that.

Hocker was cut from the Bengals.

Cameron Jefferson cut by Broncos.

Javontee Herndon was also cut and put on their IR.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

phadedhawg

Alex got 40ish yards tonight and a touchdown.  Good effort but Pope had a great game too.  I think this battle went to the wire. We shall see Saturday.

bennyl08

Week 4 stats

Derby: 5 rec, 51 yards, 7 targets,

Flowers: 1 ast tackle

Allen: 17/26 164 yards 2 td, 1 int, 2 sacks 18 yards

Smith: 2 solo tackles, 1 asa, 1 tfl

McKay: 4 rec, 45 yards, 7 targets, 1 tackle

Hamilton: 2 rec, 18 yards, 3 targets (bad day passing, leading receiver had 3 rec for 20 yards)

Mallett: 8/12 65 yards

Davis: 14 car, 58 yards, 1 td, long of 20, 1 rec, 7 yards, 2 targets,

Wright: 3 rec, 35 yards, 6 targets

Spright: 2 tackles solo, 1 asa

Collins: 9 carries, 40 yards, 1 td, long 20, 1 rec 0 yards 2 targets,
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

alohawg

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 02, 2016, 12:25:33 am
Alex got 40ish yards tonight and a touchdown.  Good effort but Pope had a great game too.  I think this battle went to the wire. We shall see Saturday.

Looking at the message boards fans want Pope over Collins. Granted I'm biased, but that's dumb......time will tell.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

bennyl08

Roster setup

BA: Jax has 3 qb's on roster, Starter with Bortles, Henne is the likely main backup, BA is on the bubble depending on if they keep 2 or 3 qb's.

Chris Smith is also with Jax. He's listed on the team website as the 3rd string LDE. Most teams only keep 9 DL on the roster for a 4-3 which they run. He hasn't made a lot of noise this year, though he has shown promise. Very much on the roster bubble.

Bailey: Listed on the team's depth chart as the 2nd string RG now after starting the training camp in the starting RT spot. Similar position to what he was in at Seattle.

Collins: Currently the depth chart lists Collins as 2nd string behind Michael. They still have 5 rb's on the roster with Rawls, Michael, Collins, Pope, and Procise. (the last 4 are in order with the listed depth chart which doesn't have rawls).

Davis: Listed in the "other" position on the depth chart at rb, i.e. 4th string, but is still 1st string KR and has shown to be the best returner this preseason. They currently have 7 backs on the roster with 6 rb's and a tb. Special teams is a great way to make a team, but hurts when you aren't on the three deep elsewhere. Talk is he could be the odd man out. Reading some KC comments, they want to unload Dee Ford to keep Knile. Others wishing him well wherever he goes.

Derby: Patriots have 5 TE's left on their Roster. On the unofficial depth chart on their home page, he's listed tied for 4th. However, many roster projections have him just making it as the third TE. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep 4 TE's and cut down on the WR's.

Flowers currently sits as the third string LDE, but it would be a major shock to see him not make the roster.

Gaines is the 4th SS listed for the rams. Very much a long shot to make the roster, but he wasn't cut early.

Goode: Conflicting reports. He tore his acl last december and was placed on IR. Recent reports on their roster suggest that he could return sometime later this year, but I don't even see him on their inured roster. He is pretty old now.

Gragg: As mentioned, on the bills IR.

JWill: Still currently 6 rb's on their roster. McCoy, Reggie Bush, Gillislie, JWill, Wilder Jr, and Herron in that order right now. 4 backs is still pretty common on a roster so JWill should be fine. Him not playing in week 4 is a good sign as well.

Hamilton: I've discussed before the 8 receivers currently on the roster. Their depth chart shows Hamilton as the 3rd string of wr2 position with the 7th and 8th receivers (ayers and tucker) listed as 4th string wr2. Great chance for him to make the roster if that holds. His first actual roster in his now 4th season.

Henry: 6 TE's left on the roster, but not a chance Henry doesn't make it. Listed as the backup to Gates with 2 separate TE positions listed.

Philon: Listed as the starter at the DE position (3-4 team). Bosa currently listed 3rd string.

Kirkland: 3rd string RG, with only 2 listed at LG. Only 5 designated guards on the roster which doesn't spell well for him.

Loewen: Listed as being on the IR of the saints.

Mallett: Backup qb to Flacco. Josh Johnson is behind him, but Mallett beat the stealers last year and has played better in the preseason. Should be safe to make the roster.

McFadden: Teams have called offering trades for Dmac. He's currently on the IR but is on track to be ready for the season opener. If he opens the season on IR, he'd have to miss the first 6 weeks regardless.

Mitchel: Colts currently have 10 cb's listed on their roster with teams keeping 10 secondary players. With 2 listed DB's and 6 safeties, likely to be 8 players cut. Mitchel is certainly on the bubble, but he was on IR all of last year and still has practice squad eligibility.

Peters: Starting LT.

Spaight: Listed as the backup MLB (in a 4-3 with two ILB's) to Will Compton. Not a roster cut threat.

Swanson: Not a threat to be out of the NFL, but his starting job was in question. Still listed as the starting center though.

Thomas: 3rd string DT out of 7 DT's on the roster meaning he is either 5th or 6th. Teams will usually either keep 3 or 4 DT's with 5-6 DE's.

Tretola: Doesn't appear to be a threat to lose a roster spot. Was threatening to start, but currently listed 2nd string LG.

Wright is still a lock to make their roster, but with his injury this preseason, he seems to have fallen down the depth chart.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 31, 2016, 07:25:52 pm
Really going to be sad if Kirkland doesn't make it on a practice squad somewhere.

Not absolutely true.

He'll make a great cautionary tale about gambling UNNECESSARILY with your career by using emotions instead of brains.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

MountainHomeHogger

Tevin Mitchel had a hamstring injury last night.  I sure hope the Colts hang on to him.   :razorback:

hoggusamoungus

Paul Kuharsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Mike Mularkey singled out three players: "I didn't think they could block Mehdi (Abdesmad). Watching him, I thought he was in the backfield a lot. He just kept showing up in the backfield. Tre (McBride) made some plays and Tre did some things that he could do better. (Sebastian) Tretola I thought played physical in the run game. He's really gotten better and better since he's gotten here." (Via Dolphins PR)

Uncommon

The Bills made their cuts to 53.  The Bills kept 4 running backs.  Reggie Bush, Mike Gillislee, LeSean McCoy, and Jonathan Williams.

31to6

Quote from: Uncommon on September 02, 2016, 12:00:03 pm
The Bills made their cuts to 53.  The Bills kept 4 running backs.  Reggie Bush, Mike Gillislee, LeSean McCoy, and Jonathan Williams.
WPS!

hei5manhog

Good deal for Jwill. Tough time of year. Glad he made a spot.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Biggus Piggus

Titans cut offensive linemen Jeremiah Poutasi and Will Poehls. Looks like Tretola made it!
[CENSORED]!

Uncommon

bennyl08

Two good backs we played against last year who didn't make are RB Peyton Barber, RB Russell Hansbrough.

OutlawHawg

Good for Tretola. Always loved watching him play.

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Uncommon

Cobi Hamilton has been cut by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

alohawg

Quote from: Uncommon on September 03, 2016, 01:15:20 pm

Hello practice squad, but one injury from active.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Uncommon

daprospecta

Quote from: Uncommon on September 03, 2016, 01:15:20 pm
I think he did enough to earn a spot but they were stacked at WR but I would imagine he is running out of practice squad eligibility.

Professor Psychosis

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on September 03, 2016, 05:03:11 pm
Allen made the Jaguars.

Good to see it.  I pounded on him during the rough years, but he has really turned it on.  Always nice to see a Hog make the big league.

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Dr. Starcs

alohawg

September 03, 2016, 06:50:37 pm #235 Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 07:07:07 pm by alohawg
Looks like AC made the 53 for the Seahawks. Congrats to Alex!!!

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/9/3/12785178/seahawks-final-53-man-roster-official-2016-cuts

Kirkland cut, practice squad hopefully. Sure could have used him today, sigh.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

woo.pig

Panthers cut Robert Thomas
Rams cut Rohan Gaines
Raiders cut Denver Kirkland

woo.pig

thirtythree

Kirkland never should have left. I bet he is kicking himself right now/

hawgmasta

I wonder why we struggled today and then realize that 5 guys from our offense last year made NFL rosters. You don't just automatically replace that, helps me get some perspective.

Henry - Chargers
Allen - jags
Tretola - Titans
JWill - Bills
AC3 - Seahawks

When was the last time we had 5 guys from the offense make rosters in the nfl, did that happen with any of Petrino's classes?

alohawg

For those that missed Alex's limited playing time in the preseason. He's the first featured in this video.

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

LRHawg

Quote from: thirtythree on September 03, 2016, 11:02:24 pm
Kirkland never should have left. I bet he is kicking himself right now/

Hate it for him, but he should have given CBB a chance to talk some sense into him. He wasn't ready.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hawgmasta on September 03, 2016, 11:12:59 pm
I wonder why we struggled today and then realize that 5 guys from our offense last year made NFL rosters. You don't just automatically replace that, helps me get some perspective.

Henry - Chargers
Allen - jags
Tretola - Titans
JWill - Bills
AC3 - Seahawks

When was the last time we had 5 guys from the offense make rosters in the nfl, did that happen with any of Petrino's classes?

We should have won more is all that says.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: LRHawg on September 05, 2016, 11:59:03 pm
Hate it for him, but he should have given CBB a chance to talk some sense into him. He wasn't ready.

I agree.
Here's a post of mine from above regarding his early exit.

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on September 02, 2016, 05:30:56 am
Not absolutely true.

He'll make a great cautionary tale about gambling UNNECESSARILY with your career by using emotions instead of brains.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

daprospecta

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on September 06, 2016, 12:48:10 am
I agree.
Here's a post of mine from above regarding his early exit.

It's not quite over for him yet.  He made the practice squad.  Maybe a year of correcting some issues and football being his only job might help.

farmhawg

Henry - Chargers
Allen - jags
Tretola - Titans
JWill - Bills
AC3 - Seahawks

petrino butt hurt, kinda pitiful....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

RME

Gragg...Childs...Wright...Adams...DJ Williams...Mallett...Dennis Johnson...among others.

So, yes.

bennyl08

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 07, 2016, 09:55:03 pm
Gragg...Childs...Wright...Adams...DJ Williams...Mallett...Dennis Johnson...among others.

So, yes.

Different drafts though. Also, Johnson was never drafted and you left out one of the highest picks of the bunch in Knile.

Last time we had 5 players from offense taken in the same draft was 2008 with Dmac, Felix, Garner, Hillis, and Monk.

Peter Porker

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 07, 2016, 09:55:03 pm

So, yes.

Thank God for instate talent.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

bennyl08

Speaking of NFL talent and the hogs, here's how we've done in the draft recently (thus showing trends in recruiting as well) from Nutt to present.

98:1
99:6
00:5
01:2
02:2
03:1
04:6
05:3
06:1
07:5
08:6
09:1
10:2* (one transferred away)
11:3:
12:4
13:4
14:4
15:5
16:5

So, we've gone from spurt of talent to consistently putting in higher numbers of players.