Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorbacks in the NFL

Started by bennyl08, July 31, 2016, 05:35:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SONofHAM

"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Cobbler

That guy's a fantasy football writer. He doesn't have any inside knowledge.

bennyl08

Hamilton: 4 rec, 44 yards, 7 targets, and one of those catches was a highlight reel style catch. (next closest receiver had 5 targets)

AJ Derby: 6 rec, 71 yards, a td. 7 targets. (next closest had 5 targets). As for highlights, you've seen em here already.

Flowers: 3 solo tackles, 1 half sack, 1 qb hit. Wasn't given credit for a pass defensed.

Collins: 6 carries, 13 yards, long of 7. 1 rec, 8 yards, 2 targets.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ricepig

Quote from: 31to6 on August 19, 2016, 03:02:38 pm
Can't be happier. BA deserves good things.

Well, that guy is just the beat writer for the local paper, but I figure he knows what he's talking about.

Hogsolo

Did no one see AC get a first down on his effort alone after a quick screen?   It was vintage quick feet AC, the announcers raved about him.  Later he picked up four on a rush that should havd been a -1.  I also noticed him blocking great in pass pro.   He didn't play alot, but the Seattle announcers, I live in the NW mentioned him having a great opportunity the first four weeks of the season with Rawls out.

He didn't play much after Wilson and Boykin left the game.  I don't see that as a negative. 

Maybe he gets cut, if so he'll get a job. 

k.c.hawg

Things just got less crowded for JWill as Karlos Williams was released by the Bills.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

alohawg

Quote from: k.c.hawg on August 20, 2016, 02:42:13 pm
Things just got less crowded for JWill as Karlos Williams was released by the Bills.

Good deal, so far JWill has impressed.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

PonderinHog

Mallett just led a nice long drive for a TD against Indy, capped with a TD pass.

3kgthog

I feel bad for AC. You get a tiny amount of action to make an impression and he hasn't done much with his time according to the articles written about Thursday's game. Missed blocks, dropped passes, etc.

Watching Mallett in this Raven's offense is like watching a fat man relay in the 4 x 100. Now, if we could see Ryan run an offense like the old Brian Billick Vikings in '98, that'd be fun.

hog.goblin

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 20, 2016, 06:59:31 pm
Mallett just led a nice long drive for a TD against Indy, capped with a TD pass.

He played the entire 1st half except the last series, though the Colts held the ball a lot.  I think Ryan had 3 series:

6/8 47 yards and a TD
Johnson has come in and played just as well, but should stay in the #3 spot

hog.goblin

It's preseason for the announcers too:

"Jerrod Johnson a 6'6" 250 6-year player out of Arkansas"

Former Aggie QB

arkfan81

Quote from: hog.goblin on August 20, 2016, 07:57:10 pm
It's preseason for the announcers too:

"Jerrod Johnson a 6'6" 250 6-year player out of Arkansas"

Former Aggie QB

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who heard that.
Have faith...

hawginbigd1

BA was very poor in his limited opportunity last night. Basically threw 3 passes and all 3 were poor decisions, and the last was right to the defense, he did end up making the tackle though. On the plus side Henne and Wittek were almost or just as bad.

dsgreen

Chances of Derby making the Patriots have gone up, his performance really impressed.  Patriots release TE Bear Pascoe. https://twitter.com/cpricenfl/status/767772536469946368

swinesation

This was posted today: http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Three-Quick-Hits-from-Mondays-Practice/ce82cbff-ce8c-4323-8a26-33812f32ef22

Tretota talk

Titans rookie lineman Sebastian Tretola has improved in recent weeks, per Mularkey, and he could get opportunities with the first group at left guard. He got some on Monday in a walk-through period, along with Brian Schwenke.

Tretola, a sixth-round pick out of Arkansas, said he's much more comfortable now compared to earlier this offseason.

"It is definitely starting to slow down,'' Tretola said. "Obviously, making that transition (to the NFL) is huge. For a lot of guys it's easy, for other guys you have to come into it. It was fast, up-tempo at first, but it is definitely starting to slow down.

"I know my plays, I know my playbook and I am seeing things now ... and it is making the game a lot easier."

hawginbigd1

Quote from: dsgreen on August 22, 2016, 01:49:22 pm
Chances of Derby making the Patriots have gone up, his performance really impressed.  Patriots release TE Bear Pascoe. https://twitter.com/cpricenfl/status/767772536469946368
What he has been doing so far they may not be able to let him go.

southeasthog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 22, 2016, 04:09:44 pm
What he has been doing so far they may not be able to let him go.
That's true. It's also why stuff like this shouldn't be posted as an absolute.

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 15, 2016, 10:02:52 am
Had its own thread. He played pretty good, seems they think he will make the roster. Derby I believe had a better game but he has no shot with them.

bennyl08

Week 2 stats:

Hamilton: 4 rec, 44 yards, 7 targets, and one of those catches was a highlight reel style catch. (next closest receiver had 5 targets)

AJ Derby: 6 rec, 71 yards, a td. 7 targets. (next closest had 5 targets). As for highlights, you've seen em here already.

Flowers: 3 solo tackles, 1 half sack, 1 qb hit. Wasn't given credit for a pass defensed.

Collins: 6 carries, 13 yards, long of 7. 1 rec, 8 yards, 2 targets.

Spaight: 2 solo, 2 assisted tackles, 1 FF

Henry: 1 rec, 7 yards, 1 target.

Philon, 1 solo, 1 ast

Williams: 8 carries, 17 yards, 1 td, long of 12, 2 rec, 11 yards, 2 targets

Gragg: 1 rec, 14 yards, 1 target, 1 tackle

Mallett: 6/8 47 yards, 1 td

McKay: 1 rec, 18 yards, 1 target

Allen: 0-3, 1 int,

Chris Smith, 4 solo tackles, 1 tfl, 2 qbh's. Was leading tackler with 3 early in the game meaning he didn't rack those up with the reserves at the end of the game.

Davis: 3 carries, 2 yards, long of 2. 3 receptions, 12 yards, long of 6, 3 targets. 1 KR, 30 yards.

Gaines: 2 solo, 1 ast tackle.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

Of note: August 30th, NFL teams must cut rosters down to 75 players. While not impossible, players who get cut here don't stand much of a chance of playing in the NFL again.

Here is a list of players and where they currently stack up:

BA: Bortles in entrenched as the starter, but BA has done well in camp, IMO at least as good as Henne. Worst case for BA is spending the year on the practice squad IMO.

Bailey: In contention for the starting RT spot for the Browns, so not likely a player to be outright cut, not this soon. Haven't looked for info recently, but as of half a week ago or so, coaches were trying their third player as a starter for RT, so he hasn't sewn up the job. He was in line to start for the seahawks last year before being beaten by a rookie, but remained of their top backup OL players. He likely wouldn't be anything less than that for the Browns either.

Collins: Hasn't done much or looked to good in preseason, but has been doing well in the practices. He's giving effort in special teams which gives him a better chance at a roster spot, but right now, Rawls and Michael are solidly ahead of him. Procise is likely to be ahead of him when healthy and offers a different skill set than the first two guys. So, Collins is likely at best 4th right now, but Pope has been looking pretty good too. Highly, highly doubt he gets cut at the 75 limit, but it's looking right now like he is a prime practice squad candidate and one that could be taken off the waivers by another team quickly as well.

Davis: He is now basically completely out of the rb rotation it seems, but he remains their best kick returner and still has some spot value as a rb. Would be surprised to see him cut at all, but wouldn't be surprised to see him traded somewhere.

Derby: Has played very well this preseason after being injured much of last year. Biggest problem is he is behind two of the top TE's in the game with Gronk and Bennett. The plus side is that Pats are likely going to be a two TE heavy team this year making at least 4 roster spots for TE's and Gronk is frequently injured. If he doesn't make the final roster, he is going to be valued as a practice squad player and potentially picked up by another team.

Flowers: His play this preseason has him threatening to be a starter for the patriots, and if not that, definitely in the 2-deep.

Gaines: First player on the list who is a candidate to be cut at the first culling. Haven't heard much news about him in practice reports and he hasn't made a lot of waves in games.

Gragg: He certainly helped his case to stay on the roster with that first preseason game. He's always been productive when in the game, but has rarely been on the field during his time in Buffalo. He is by no means a lock to make the roster, but given his combine numbers and his production in limited playing time, I don't think he'd be looking for a new team for long if he is cut.

Hamilton: I'll be honest, I thought when Carolina waived him, that'd likely be the last we saw of him in the NFL. However, he has been one of their best receivers this preseason. Admittedly, they aren't playing their best guys at the moment (one is too valuable, one is suspended), but he is certainly making a strong case. Very much doubt he gets cut the first round. If he doesn't make the 53 man roster at the end of preseason, solid chance he did enough for another team to try and get him. Further, early season if a team suffers some injuries at receivers, if Hamilton isn't taken already, he could a FA who gets called.

Henry: Lock to make the roster, will be the second TE on a team that will still use him alongside Gates a fair amount.

Herndon: Had a great opportunity to make the best of this preseason. Ended last year on the 53 man roster with a decent showing while being a versatile KR and WR who had a few carries as well. However, he's been injured all preseason and haven't been able to see or hear from him. Not likely to be cut in the first round, but really a mystery what happens to him for the final cut.

Hocker: Not a good sign that he hasn't even been given chances at kickoffs for the bengals this preseason. Could be cut in the first round.

Jefferson: A bit surprised he is still in the NFL this year, but haven't heard anything about him in practice reports. Not a good sign.

Kirkland: Also pretty quiet around him.

Mallett: Flacco will take back his starting job, but Mallett could likely stay on as his backup. Would be surprised if he was cut in a week. Possible though that he doesn't make the final roster, but I wouldn't bet on him being cut, though I wouldn't bet a whole lot that he stays.

McFadden: Would be very surprised if he didn't make the final roster. Worst case for him is that he gets traded IMO, though there are some teams that could use him.

Mitchel: Colts were excited about his potential to play this season, but has had another injury. Hopefully he gets on the field soon. Colts liked him enough to put him on their IR last year, so I'd be surprised if he wasn't part of a practice squad or something this season.

Peters: Don't really need to say anything here.

Philon: Has benefited from Bosa somehow making Eli not look that whiney in comparison. Definitely in contention for a starting spot and is a final roster lock.

Smith: Fighting for his career here, IMO. He's gotten buried at his position with Fowler's return and is unlikely to see the field. He's been productive when out there this preseason and before, but he doesn't seem to be making a lot of noise in camp. Doubt he gets cut the first round. Doubt he isn't somewhere in the NFL on practice squad or another team this year.

Spaight: Suffered a bad concussion last year in a real NFL game that took him out for the season. He's been very productive this preseason so will very likely make the roster again this year. Not likely to be a starter unless injury happens this season though.

Swanson: A lock to make the roster this year, but last I read which was about a week ago was that they were trying some different starters out there. Their run game has not gotten much push with Swanson as their starting C. He did only put on 20 reps on the bench and didn't show a whole lot of explosion in the combine. Reports were basically what you'd expect. The new center they brought in to compete is faster and stronger and a better athlete than Swanson, but Swanson is much more polished, knows the calls and has better technique than the more raw competitor. So, it will come down to how much the new guy is able to learn and what the coaches want. The new guy can do thinks Swanson can't, but is that more valuable than consistency and not beating yourself by making mistakes?

Thomas: He's had a longer NFL career than most anybody thought he would. He's been on practice squad for several years so he might have used up eligibility there and Carolina is a pretty deep and powerful team to try and earn a roster spot on the DL. He has a chance to be cut this first round, if not now, IMO his best chance is to impress another team like the redskins whom he was with for a while to pick him up.

Tretola: Haven't looked for info on him in a little while but a poster here previously said that he was starting to be in contention for a starting guard spot. If true, that would make him very likely to be on the final roster. If not, injuries happen on the OL and his road grading is exactly what they seem to want right now. Would be shocked if he didn't at least make their practice squad.

JWill: The release of Karlos helps him out a lot. He hasn't been a world breaker this preseason, but he's been pretty good and has a strong chance to actually make the roster. He won't beat out McCoy for a starting spot any time soon, but #2 role as a rb is within reason and not a bad place to be.

Wright: Strange to think that he is their oldest and most experienced receiver. Just yesterday he was wearing cardinal and white. To be fair, they have a very young receiving corps. He is a roster lock.

hog.goblin

Hogs run wild

yup, thanks for the update.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

hoggusamoungus

OPoraquê

Quote"Brandon Allen looks better than expected behind center and could be backing up Bortles sooner rather than later."

(Sam Kouvaris, Sports Director, News 4 Jacksonville)

http://www.news4jax.com/sports/nfl/jaguars/sams-commentary-arrow-pointing-up-for-the-jaguars

bennyl08

Week three of the preseason is here. This is known as the dress rehearsal week where starters likely play the whole first half and often into the third quarter. Next week is the roster cut week where they primarily only play the guys who are on the roster bubble.

Here's the matchups this week

Thursday:

Atl v Miami: none
Dal v Sea: McFadden (20 Dal), Collins (36 Sea)

Friday

NE v Car: Derby (86 Pats), Flowers (98 Pats), Robert Thomas (76 Car)
Buf v Was: Gragg (89 Buf), JWill (40 Buf),  Spaight (50 Was)
Pit v NO: Hamilton (83 Pit)
Cle v TB: Bailey (78 CLE)
GB v SF: none

Saturday

KC v Chi: Cam Jefferson (75 Chi)
Det v Bal: Ryan Mallett (7 Bal), Swanson (64 Det)
Phi v Ind: Jason Peters(71, PHI)
NYG v NYJ: none
Ten v Oak: Tretola (79 Ten), Kirkland (79 Oak)
La v Den: Gaines (36 LA)

Sunday

SD v Min: Herndon (81 SD), Philon (93 SD), Henry (86 SD), Wright (17 Min)
Ari v Hou: none
Cin v Jax: Hocker (4 Cin), BA (9 Jax), Chris Smith (98 Jax)

bennyl08

Swanson's starting job looks safe for now but it is tenuous at best. Widely reported as one of the weakest links on the OL with the rookie closing in on the starting job before hurting his leg and likely to be out for a little while.

The RT spot is still not settled in Cleveland, but while Bailey is still in the race, people don't think it will be him, though they think he will be a very valuable backup.

Hocker will be their kicker this sunday. He hurt his ankle early in camp and that is why he hasn't been doing anything for the Bengals yet. He still apparently hasn't practiced as of today, but will be fine for sunday.

Tevin has been limited in practice which I think is an improvement of his status.

Cobi Hamilton continues to keep getting good press. Ed Bouchette a steelers insider said that if the steelers keep 6 WR's on the team, Hamilton will likely be the 6th.

Jarius hasn't been playing in the preseason due to a hamstring injury, but has returned to practice this week.

Spaight is also sparking a lot of conversation. He is the backup to Compton at MLB and is the player who relays all the calls from the sideline to the field. Week 2, he got the start and coaches were very impressed with his play. It will be hard for him to win the starting job, but he will be getting playing time.

Talk with Derby is that he should make the final roster.

JWill is consistently placed as making the roster as the 4th RB. It should be noted that Reggie Bush is one of the backs "ahead" of him, but at this stage in his career, Bush if more of a punt returner and 3rd down back. Williams is primarily fighting Gillislie from Florida for that backup role to McCoy.

First news I've read on Kirkland. Reported he is the best UDFA OL player on the team and if the team keeps a 9th OL player, that it's between him and somebody else. Surmising that worst case for him is a practice squad spot.

Tretola is getting looks as the starting LG. He lacks the athleticism of spain, the guy currently holding the position, which could hurt him as the Titans are wanting to do a lot of pulling plays this year. However, his aggression has stood out and he is learning to not be overly aggressive and improve his hand movement.

Correction on Cameron Jefferson: He is with the Broncos, not Bears.

hawgmasta

Thanks Benny, love the updated on nfl hogs. :razorback:

rzrbackramsfan

Alex Collins is pretty good on madden.

Dr. Starcs

alohawg

Don't forget Kniles Davies.  :)
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

hawginbigd1

Quote from: southeasthog on August 22, 2016, 04:39:18 pm
That's true. It's also why stuff like this shouldn't be posted as an absolute.
I was just stating what I heard from their guys, one asked the question about Derby, and the other started laughing and basically saying no way.

However they were talking if I recall correctly thinking Pascoe would be the 4th/Blocking TE, so things change.

bennyl08

August 28, 2016, 02:07:22 pm #186 Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 02:30:41 pm by bennyl08
Pittsburg made some of its first cuts today including 2 WR's. Cobi Hamilton was not among them.

Their roster is down to 8 WR's.

Brown and Wheaton are absolute locks. Heyward-Bey and Coates are very likely to be part of the team as well.

So that leaves 4 receivers left to fill either 2 or 3 spots.

We all know about Cobi Hamilton and he has done very well in camp. Their biggest surprise player and breakout star though has been Eli Rogers a UDFA from 2 years ago. There is another udfa from N. Michigan left on the roster and Ayers who was a late 7th round draft pick.

Rogers will likely be the 5th receiver. So that leaves Cobi battling with Tucker and Ayers for the 6th and likely final spot.

EDIT: Carolina has cut a DT meaning Robert Thomas was at least not at the bottom of the food chain and has improved odds of making the roster. Colts cut a CB not named Tevin Mitchel. Given that he hasn't played yet, that is a good sign he was on the early chopping block. NE cut Bear Pascoe giving Derby a better shot at making the roster and Was cut 2 LB's though Spaight isn't really on a roster bubble IMO.

alohawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 28, 2016, 02:07:22 pm
Pittsburg made some of its first cuts today including 2 WR's. Cobi Hamilton was not among them.

Their roster is down to 8 WR's.

Brown and Wheaton are absolute locks. Heyward-Bey and Coates are very likely to be part of the team as well.

So that leaves 4 receivers left to fill either 2 or 3 spots.

We all know about Cobi Hamilton and he has done very well in camp. Their biggest surprise player and breakout star though has been Eli Rogers a UDFA from 2 years ago. There is another udfa from N. Michigan left on the roster and Ayers who was a late 7th round draft pick.

Rogers will likely be the 5th receiver. So that leaves Cobi battling with Tucker and Ayers for the 6th and likely final spot.

Thanks, really rooting for Cobi.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Professor Psychosis

Ricky Jean-Francois, who plays DT for the Redskins, had this to say on Reddit when asked if there were any relatively unknown players on his team we should watch out for:

"spaight number 50 inside linebacker for us. Everybody needs to watch him. He was out last year with injury, people need to watch him. He went to arkansas, which I'm not a big fan of, cause I'm an LSU guy."

sowmonella

No playing time for B A tonight. Anyone else worried?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

89ALUM

Thought it was obvious that Henne has won the backup job and that BA is headed for the practice squad.  It looked that way for sure after watching the Bengals game tonight.
I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she

daprospecta

Quote from: 89ALUM on August 28, 2016, 10:55:30 pm
Thought it was obvious that Henne has won the backup job and that BA is headed for the practice squad.  It looked that way for sure after watching the Bengals game tonight.
I didn't think many thought he would unseat Henne but most NFL teams have three quarterbacks on the roster no?

bennyl08

Quote from: daprospecta on August 28, 2016, 10:56:59 pm
I didn't think many thought he would unseat Henne but most NFL teams have three quarterbacks on the roster no?

Some yes, most no. Most only keep two if they have a stable qb situation. Teams that keep 3 have some question marks or really really can't afford to have the third taken.

Henne did complete 7 passes for 75 yards tonight with 1 td: 0 int. However, he completed <40% of his passes in doing so. Depending on what I've seen in practices as well, I probably keep Henne as the main backup. Keep in mind that tonight, Bortles completed 10 passes for only 5.2 yards per completion so it wasn't their best night throwing regardless. However, based on practice reports and the games themselves, Allen shouldn't be too far behind Henne. If Henne had a more expensive contract, he might be dropped but he is at a pretty reasonable price right now IIRC.

DLUXHOG

I think Dallas has 3, and for good reason.............
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

bennyl08

Further cut news

Baltimore cut J. Johnson. Also, some rumors that Dallas is interested in a trade for Mallett.

Mentioned before, but will recap that Carolina cut a DT (robert thomas is on their team).

Bengals cut Zack Hocker.

Denver cut OL Cameron Jefferson. To me, that's a pretty good testament for him. For a guy who only spent one year with us and played as a backup OL player, still being in the NFL to be cut in your second year is more than most starters get.

Lions cut OG Schwartz. Not directly related to Swanson who is fighting to hold onto his starting C spot, but increases his odds of staying on the roster.

Smith is still with the Jags and Knile is still with the chiefs.

Kirkland hasn't been cut by Raiders.

Reiterating that Pit has cut 2 WR's meaning Cobi is among the final 8 out of 6-7 roster spots.

Titans cut 2 and waived a 3 OL player freeing up some room for Tretola who is fighting for the starting LT.

Chargers cut a WR giving Herndon s bit of extra room.

bennyl08

Preseason Week 3 stats

Alex Collins: 3 carries 19 yards, long 9, 0 receptions 1 target,

AJ Derby: 1 rec 20 yards on 3 targets.

Trey Flowers: 2 solo tackles, 4 assist, 1 tfl, 1 sack, 1 qb hit (all the same play)

Robert Thomas: 2 solo tackles, 1 tfl

JWill: 11 carries, 42 yards 1 td, long of 37 (10 other carries thus went for 5 yards). 1 rec 2 yards. 1 target

Chris Gragg: 2 rec, 26 yards, 2 targets

Spaight: 4 solo tackles, 1 assist

Davis: 5 carries, 15 yards, long 5.

Mallett: 10/15 112 yards, 1 td, 1 sack-5 yards, qbr of 111 (in NFL, max is like 158 and anything over 100 is very good), 2 rushes for 2 yards and a td.

Henry: 1 catch 7 yards 1 target

Wright: 1 rec 26 yards 1 target

Philon: 3 solo tackles, 1 sack (1 tfl as well and 1 qb hit), 3 total qb hits (including 1 sack).

Smith: 2 solo tackles, 1 sack, 2 tfl, 2 qb hits.

Hocker: 1/1 on PAT's, 2 KO's, 1st went for a tb but had a penalty. Re-kick went 70 yards to the goal line, but was returned 37 yards. Second KO went 72 yards to the -7 but was returned 30 yards to the 23.

bennyl08

Herndon remains with the Chargers while veteran James Jones gets cut today.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 29, 2016, 08:14:33 pm
Herndon remains with the Chargers while veteran James Jones gets cut today.

James jones started out as a fantasy football superstar at the beginning of last year right?

bennyl08

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on August 29, 2016, 10:09:29 pm
James jones started out as a fantasy football superstar at the beginning of last year right?

Yes and no. Well, okay, in the context you mention, yes. He was getting a lot of td's.

However, he was getting old and with a new contract on the line, GB thought he was no longer worth what he asked so they let him go. Other teams weren't paying him a lot either, but he got on with somebody, I want to say the raiders but didn't do much. Last season, he started off unemployed but with the rash of injuries GB had and Jones available on the cheap and with familiarity with Rogers and the offense, they signed him back. He was a good red zone target early on but faded towards the end. However, he finished the season with the highest yards in a single season and best ypc of his entire career. Wasn't enough for them to want to keep him and now he didn't even make the 75 man roster for the chargers. He's had 6 straight seasons with over 634 yards. Averaged 56 receptions 745 yards, and 7 td's the past 6 seasons with 3 of his best seasons in the last 4. So, it's a bit of weird thing. He's been consistently productive, he's actually been improving recently, but teams aren't wanting to keep him.

rzrbackramsfan

Good/weird story.  Yea jones was a beast the first four or so weeks.  I think it's safe to say he's more of a gamer, but yea, I guess he's getting too old... I bet he might get picked up later.

Anyways, good for herndon!