Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorbacks in the NFL

Started by bennyl08, July 31, 2016, 05:35:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenEGnHAWGS

Chris Gragg with a 19 yd TD from EJ Manuel!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

razorbackfan4life

Williams now has 8 carries for 44 yards.  Looks good. 

Hook 'em Hogs

HH has three catches for 43 yards in the first half.

hoggusamoungus

Hunter Henry - 3 targets, 3 catches for 43 yds.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bphi11ips

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on August 13, 2016, 08:19:41 pm
Hunter Henry - 3 targets, 3 catches for 43 yds.

4 targets, 3 catches.  HH was sandwiched as he slid on a perfect throw from Clemons and couldn't hold on.  Otherwise looked like a veteran and sat the second half.

Tretola played at least 3 series in the second half and held his own. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hoggusamoungus

Report from San Diego on Darius Philon.

Philon turned in a solid game Saturday, other than an offside penalty and an entanglement or two versus tight ends. The 22-year-old was the best defender on the second-team front, and was adequate next to starters Brandon Mebane and Corey Liuget. He forced a quarterback scramble by overpowering a first-team tackle.

Philon and Bosa would be good for each other. Philon may be a tad more explosive. Bosa is a better technician and, because he's four inches taller than the 6-foot-1 3/8 sophomore, is better able to see and read against a big, physical offense like Tennessee's.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on August 13, 2016, 06:53:49 pm
Chris Gragg with a 19 yd TD from EJ Manuel!
Gragg blocked a punt into EZ, couldn't find ball and punter knocked out back for a safety also.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on August 12, 2016, 10:32:00 pm
I truly believe that  AC will emerge as the Seahawks starter.
Rawls is the starter when he comes back, but Michael made a case to be the starter until then and the backup after his performance today. AC didn't get much of an opportunity due to the lack of possession time. Had 2 good AC runs and then got a 3rd in a row in short yardage where I knew the play when they lined up because they had just run it 2 plays before and he was basically taking the handoff and having to make a move, he had no shot. He was supposed to have a screen pass opportunity with the 1s but Wilson rushed the ball to an outside receiver before it developed. Looked like it would have been set up pretty good. He also came in on a 3rd down play later, which was interesting.

alohawg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 14, 2016, 01:27:23 pm
Rawls is the starter when he comes back, but Michael made a case to be the starter until then and the backup after his performance today. AC didn't get much of an opportunity due to the lack of possession time. Had 2 good AC runs and then got a 3rd in a row in short yardage where I knew the play when they lined up because they had just run it 2 plays before and he was basically taking the handoff and having to make a move, he had no shot. He was supposed to have a screen pass opportunity with the 1s but Wilson rushed the ball to an outside receiver before it developed. Looked like it would have been set up pretty good. He also came in on a 3rd down play later, which was interesting.

Can you explain?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hawginbigd1

Quote from: alohawg on August 14, 2016, 01:58:05 pm
Can you explain?
He was the second back in and KC kept the ball most of the time, he started the 3rd series if I recall and it was 3 runs and out. I saw him on one play after that. So I think he had a grand total of about 8 plays in the game, don't believe he played in the 2nd half.

In other words he kind of got the 1and 1A treatment.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 14, 2016, 02:24:53 pm
He was the second back in and KC kept the ball most of the time, he started the 3rd series if I recall and it was 3 runs and out. I saw him on one play after that. So I think he had a grand total of about 8 plays in the game, don't believe he played in the 2nd half.

In other words he kind of got the 1and 1A treatment.

Not sure AC is 1A....http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/pete-carroll-sees-1-2-punch-with-christine-michael-thomas-rawls/
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hawginbigd1

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on August 14, 2016, 02:53:12 pm
Not sure AC is 1A....http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/pete-carroll-sees-1-2-punch-with-christine-michael-thomas-rawls/
Agreed but I think he got that type treatment yesterday with Rawls not being active yet. And as I said in my earlier post Rawls is the starter when he returns and Michael made the case yesterday that he is 1a.

alohawg

Three carries in the first competition against another team for a guy trying to earn a spot and that by all accounts had been very good in camp?
My gut says something was wrong that we aren't privy to, otherwise a real head scratcher.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

31to6

Quote from: alohawg on August 14, 2016, 03:03:30 pm
Three carries in the first competition against another team for a guy trying to earn a spot and that by all accounts had been very good in camp?
My gut says something was wrong that we aren't privy to, otherwise a real head scratcher.
He got two series, same as Christine.

They have to cut to 75 by Aug 30 which means they are not worried about seeing AC--who has had a great camp and who is almost certainly going to make the roster--as much as they need to see the next few guys in line.

AC was never going to be "1A" this year. He's fighting for a roster spot on a team that will probably keep 4 RBs (Rawls, Michael, Procise and AC). He will make the roster because he is a better blocker than Procise and a more physical back who--worst case--can help on special teams while they develop him.

With two of their backs injured, his durability and the fact that he is healthy right now are big plusses in his favor.

If we see AC get a lot of snaps in the second half against Dallas in two weeks *then* it is time to get worried--because that will mean he is not working out and they might even have decided to shop him or send him to the scout team.

Professor Psychosis

Rohan Gaines spotted contemplating going body surfing at a beach in California on HBO's Hard Knocks with the LA Rams.  His scene takes up probably 2-3 minutes of the first episode.

Wasn't able to watch the game last night so don't know if/when he played. Stat box on the game has nothing.

alohawg

Quote from: 31to6 on August 14, 2016, 05:01:43 pm
He got two series, same as Christine.

They have to cut to 75 by Aug 30 which means they are not worried about seeing AC--who has had a great camp and who is almost certainly going to make the roster--as much as they need to see the next few guys in line.

AC was never going to be "1A" this year. He's fighting for a roster spot on a team that will probably keep 4 RBs (Rawls, Michael, Procise and AC). He will make the roster because he is a better blocker than Procise and a more physical back who--worst case--can help on special teams while they develop him.

With two of their backs injured, his durability and the fact that he is healthy right now are big plusses in his favor.

If we see AC get a lot of snaps in the second half against Dallas in two weeks *then* it is time to get worried--because that will mean he is not working out and they might even have decided to shop him or send him to the scout team.

Thanks, you make a good case.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

KC_archHOG

Went to the Chiefs/Seahawks game to see AC. Biggest takeaway was a sense of relief that we don't have to face Trevone Boykin September 10th in Fort Worth. Good Lord... hope TCU doesn't come close to replacing that talent in the next 2 years.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

No news on Trey Flowers? How about that fumble recovery he made for a TD last week!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

factchecker

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 15, 2016, 10:01:05 am
No news on Trey Flowers? How about that fumble recovery he made for a TD last week!

It was so good it got it's own thread:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=615376.0
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 15, 2016, 10:01:05 am
Had its own thread. He played pretty good, seems they think he will make the roster. Derby I believe had a better game but he has no shot with them.

hawginbigd1

alohawg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 15, 2016, 10:02:52 am
Had its own thread. He played pretty good, seems they think he will make the roster. Derby I believe had a better game but he has no shot with them.

Great, Cowboys should cut Swaim and bring in AJ.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

bennyl08

Cobi Hamilton: 2 receptions, 22 yards. Freshly, freshly signed with the steelers. 2nd in yards behind DHB's 1 catch for 29 and a td. According to espn was targeted 5 times though. Most targeted receiver, but only pulling in 40% of targets.

Jarius Wright: No stats. Not sure if they sat him out for the game.

Hocker: No kicking stats, not even of kickoffs.

Collins: 3 carries, 5 yards, 1 rec 4 yards. 2 targets.

Knile: 7 rushes, 30 yards, long of 12. 2 targets, 0 receptions. 1 KR, 34 yards, longest of the three returners they tried.

Gragg: Blocked punt for a safety, 2 receptions, 26 yards off of 2 targets including a 19 yard td pass.

McKay: 1 rec, 16 yards, 2 targets.

Philon: 1 solo tackle, 1 assisted tackle, 1 half sack.

Henry: 3 receptions, 43 yards, long 16, 4 targets.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

Some updated stats from ESPN, BA took 1 sack of 10 yards. Each jax qb took 1 sack, but BA's was the most lost yardage by far.

Derby hard 4 targets to go with his three receptions.

Flowers had a second qb hit to go with his "famous" strip sack play. I was hoping this was the case and I think it is playing out such that Patriots were comfortable trading away Jones because of what they saw in Flowers.

Spaight also had a pass defensed.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hawginbigd1

Quote from: alohawg on August 15, 2016, 01:59:59 pm
Great, Cowboys should cut Swaim and bring in AJ.
Yes Please, Derby looks the part to me, it appears he has really been working on his body.

bennyl08

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on August 12, 2016, 10:32:00 pm
I truly believe that  AC will emerge as the Seahawks starter.

He will have to kick it up a notch (or get some lucky "breaks") for that to happen. Collins is good, but Rawls was tearing it up last year before the injury, and Michael has superior athleticism to Collins as well as being a seasoned vet relatively speaking. His biggest problem has been mentality which the hawk's coaches have raved about recently. Collins looks to be one to make the roster, but he isn't the biggest kid on the block so to speak.

Razorbacker79

I think Chris Gragg's performance was nearly as good as Trey's.

QuoteBackup tight end Chris Gragg put the Bills ahead 9-0 over a 4:20 span in the first quarter.

First he caused a safety by blocking Pat McAfee's punt, which the punter swiped out of the end zone 6½ minutes in. On Buffalo's ensuing possession, Gragg caught a perfectly placed 19-yard fade pass from E.J. Manuel.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016081354/2016/PRE1/colts@bills#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000684915&tab=recap

Can-t-Miss-Play-Gragg-blocks-punt-for-safety

EJ-Manuel-finds-Chris-Gragg-for-19-yard-TD

Any news on Tevin MIitchell?  No stats for him so I'm wondering if he's fully recovered yet.
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

alohawg

Grabbed this comment off a seahawks board:

Carroll said today that Collins just didn't get enough work last week to play more than he did. Didn't want to push him too far. Also said Collins "should be very active this week."

Looking forward to Thursday!
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

bennyl08

hawgmasta

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 16, 2016, 05:42:53 pm
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000685910/article/dorial-greenbeckham-traded-to-eagles-from-titans

Tretola's path to playing time just got a little steeper.

Yeah I heard that on the radio. I think he will still make the team but may be cut if they get thin at other positions.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 16, 2016, 10:32:12 am
http://www.raiders.com/team/depth-chart.html

Denver Kirkland listed as third-team right tackle.
I didn't think he looked very good the other night.

hog.goblin

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 16, 2016, 08:27:11 pm

He sure would look good in a razorback uniform this year

alohawg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 16, 2016, 08:27:11 pm

I watched most of the 4th qtr. on NFL network last night, he's wearing #79 btw. I thought he looked average on most plays, nothing too good or bad overall. Seemed like he did his job for the most part, although they moved him around a lot, experimenting I imagine.
His size alone will put him on a practice squad, no doubt.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

bennyl08

This Weeks Preseason:

Thursday

Phi v Pit: Jason Peters(71, PHI), Hamilton (83 Pit)

Cin v Det: Hocker (4 Cin), Swanson (64 Det)

Atl v Cle: Bailey (78 CLE)

Oak v GB: Kirkland (79 Oak)

Chi v NE: Cam Jefferson (75 Chi), Derby (86 Pats), Flowers (98 Pats)

Min v Sea: Wright (17 Min), Collins (36 Sea)

Friday

NYJ v Was: Spaight (50 Was)

Mia v Dal: McFadden (20 Dal)

Ari v SD: Herndon (81 SD), Philon (93 SD), Henry (86 SD)

Saturday

Car v Ten: Tretola (79 Ten), Robert Thomas (76 Car)

NYG v Buf: Gragg (89 Buf), JWill (40 Buf)

Bal v Ind: Ryan Mallett (7 Bal), Mitchel (43 Ind)

TB v Jax: BA (9 Jax), Chris Smith (98 Jax)

NO v Hou: none

SF v Den: none

KC v LA: Knile (34 KC), Gaines (36 LA)

DLUXHOG

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 17, 2016, 02:01:31 pm
This Weeks Preseason:

Thursday

Phi v Pit: Jason Peters(71, PHI), Hamilton (83 Pit)

Cin v Det: Hocker (4 Cin), Swanson (64 Det)

Atl v Cle: Bailey (78 CLE)

Oak v GB: Kirkland (79 Oak)

Chi v NE: Cam Jefferson (75 Chi), Derby (86 Pats), Flowers (98 Pats)

Min v Sea: Wright (17 Min), Collins (36 Sea)

Friday

NYJ v Was: Spaight (50 Was)

Mia v Dal: McFadden (20 Dal)

Ari v SD: Herndon (81 SD), Philon (93 SD), Henry (86 SD)

Saturday

Car v Ten: Tretola (79 Ten), Robert Thomas (76 Car)

NYG v Buf: Gragg (89 Buf), JWill (40 Buf)

Bal v Ind: Ryan Mallett (7 Bal), Mitchel (43 Ind)

TB v Jax: BA (9 Jax), Chris Smith (98 Jax)

NO v Hou: none

SF v Den: none

KC v LA: Knile (34 KC), Gaines (36 LA)
too cool.... thanks.......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

bennyl08

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/chargers-javontee-herndon-remains-out-tuesday/

Tevin has a shoulder injury but can't find if he has practiced or will be available.

QuoteAdditionally, Hunter (OL coach) believes adding right tackle Alvin Bailey into the offensive line room gives the Browns much needed big-game experience.

"He brings a playoff, championship mentality to our room because he's been there," Hunter said. "He's been to the playoffs. If you haven't been to the playoffs, if you haven't won your division, if you've not played to get to the Super Bowl, he understands that. He brings that to the room, too. He brings that mentality.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/browns/story/1697105-preseason-game-1-chalk-talk

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08/steelers-vs-eagles-preseason-player-spotlight-wr-cobi-hamilton/

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08/steelers-film-room-wr-cobi-hamilton-vs-lions/

QuoteAs we've (steelersdepot.com) alluded to, Cobi Hamilton is starting to make noise. I'm guessing he has practice squad eligibility because each team gets two spots for accrued players on the off chance Hamilton is. I know he's been in a couple camps and has a leg up, but still, he's been impressive. Good hands, a solid athlete with straight line speed he can with with.

Hocker has been missing practice with an undisclosed injury.

hawginbigd1

August 18, 2016, 08:40:05 pm #140 Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:08:31 pm by hawginbigd1
Cobi great catch for 20 plus, overthrown, being face masked makes grab gets feet inbounds. Philly challenges and loses. 4 for 44 with mostly 3rd team bunches.

Professor Psychosis

Flowers had a sack in the Patriots game earlier, and AJ Derby had a few catches on a drive that ended with him catching a TD pass.

And just as I typed that, Derby made another heck of a grab on the next drive from the Patriots' 3rd string QB.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on August 18, 2016, 08:48:51 pm
Flowers had a sack in the Patriots game earlier, and AJ Derby had a few catches on a drive that ended with him catching a TD pass.

And just as I typed that, Derby made another heck of a grab on the next drive from the Patriots' 3rd string QB.
Another couple games like he has had and I believe Derby will make himself some good $ somewhere else! Please let it be Dallas!

hawginbigd1

AC- ouch 2 carries maybe a yard, and turnover on downs. On NFL network rt now.

alohawg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 18, 2016, 09:25:55 pm
AC- ouch 2 carries maybe a yard, and turnover on downs. On NFL network rt now.

He got NO help from his line.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

RaisinHog

I hope he can get a few carries and get some rythem

RaisinHog

razorbackfan4life

Alex is having a rough go of it.  He's only got to run the ball twice and then they throw a slant route pass to him which he dropped. 

alohawg

Wilson just threw a Mallett-esque laser on a quick hitter that went through Alex hands. I tell you, dude can't catch a break so far.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️