Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Desi Sills

Started by jchill, March 06, 2018, 09:58:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinto

Quote from: draftkings33 on March 09, 2018, 12:53:55 pm
Dude if anyone would have told you before the season we would have 22 wins and you wouldn't have taken it then you are just a blind fan.  Gafford wasn't on any NBA team radar and there are zero players who can make an NBA team next year including Gafford.  He's a D League player at best for right now.  Im just really glad we got Macon and Barford instead of Monk(Worst player currently in the NBA).

A D-League player that could make multi millions next year

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 09, 2018, 09:36:49 am
Mike can build up equity for next year by getting this team to perform this postseason. Fans will be a lot more patient if you are coming off a Sweet 16 run instead of a 1st Round exit.

this idiot talking about building up equity, with you, ha.. hogsanity?  Dude, your waiting on the next loss to scream mediocre mike.. FO..

texas tush hog

Quote from: jchill on March 06, 2018, 09:58:39 am
I just saw a video of Desi in action. I was blown away. His range is unbelievable! He kind of reminds me of Chris Jackson when he played at LSU, but more athletic. I know it's hard to gauge how well he's going to do in D-1 basketball, but if his game carries over to college, he will be fun to watch.

The seven coming in are better than the six we are losing.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: texas tush hog on March 10, 2018, 11:39:07 am

We're losing two All SEC guards and possibly a one and done All SEC Freshman so...
Hogs up! Covid down!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 10, 2018, 12:54:48 pm
We're losing two All SEC guards and possibly a one and done All SEC Freshman so...

yeah, that's a tall statement but it could be... we'll know in 2 or 3 years...

liljo

Desi Sills.

Gonna be a lot of fun watching that young man play for the Razorbacks. Even his name sounds like he's destined for fame. Great highlight, and thanks for sharing.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

Pinto

Definitely better than 4 of the 6. Will eventually be as good as the two studs

Wooderson

Anyone else concerned that he drops the ball down low to start his shooting motion.  I think that will need correction.  Hopefully without hurting his accuracy.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

draftkings33

Not as freshman they won't be.  Gonna be hard to win 10 games next year IMO especially if Gafford leaves

draftkings33

Quote from: Wooderson on March 11, 2018, 12:06:47 pm
Anyone else concerned that he drops the ball down low to start his shooting motion.  I think that will need correction.  Hopefully without hurting his accuracy.
no

Wooderson

Quote from: draftkings33 on March 11, 2018, 03:39:35 pm
no

Ha ha.  Well at his height he will struggle getting his shot off against guards in the SEC with that motion.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

ricepig

Quote from: Wooderson on March 11, 2018, 05:41:23 pm
Ha ha.  Well at his height he will struggle getting his shot off against guards in the SEC with that motion.

Hasn't hurt him when facing those same "SEC" type bound guards in AAU games.

labb

STLhawg

The speed of his release (on his shot) is concerning to me, but if he is truly a threat to drive and finish that could help mitigate the slow release.

draftkings33

I'm way more concerned about the lack of production from Ethan Henderson and the overall game of Justice Hill than I am Desi's shot

311Hog

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 06, 2018, 03:28:30 pm
He is actually like a mix of Courtney Fortson and Barford. At least from that video, that's what I see.

wow nailed it man. That jab step back 3 -Barford, finish below the rim in the lane - Fortson.

Hawg Red

I actually agree with him, but they aren't going to be better right away. By the end of their careers, I'm confident the 2018 recruiting class will have outperformed the 2018 senior class.

Dominicanhog

or looked at as ...2 juco's not picked on the preseason team and a freshman ranked mid 30's in high school?...

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 12, 2018, 09:30:53 am
I actually agree with him, but they aren't going to be better right away. By the end of their careers, I'm confident the 2018 recruiting class will have outperformed the 2018 senior class.

If they stay all four years, those six seniors will definitely be a threat to take down some nets in the SEC and NCAA tournaments.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Pinto

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 13, 2018, 08:56:13 am
If they stay all four years, those six seniors will definitely be a threat to take down some nets in the SEC and NCAA tournaments.

It's a great foundation to rebuild a program like ours. I think a few of these guys are already more talented than the majority of the seniors leaving. They will just need to adjust to the speed of the game and develop chemistry. It will be a successful season if we win 18 games next year

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Pinto on March 13, 2018, 09:21:09 am
It's a great foundation to rebuild a program like ours. I think a few of these guys are already more talented than the majority of the seniors leaving. They will just need to adjust to the speed of the game and develop chemistry. It will be a successful season if we win 18 games next year

We need to pull a MSST so we can win all of our nonconference games and get the kids ready for the SEC so that we have a shot at going 9-9 and being on the bubble at least.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Pinto

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 13, 2018, 09:26:30 am
We need to pull a MSST so we can win all of our nonconference games and get the kids ready for the SEC so that we have a shot at going 9-9 and being on the bubble at least.

I'm sure Coach A will schedule a cupcake non conference like we did last season with all of the newcomers

Letsroll1200

Quote from: draftkings33 on March 12, 2018, 09:16:23 am
I'm way more concerned about the lack of production from Ethan Henderson and the overall game of Justice Hill than I am Desi's shot

You said it. However, Hill will get a chance to practice with the Hogs for a extended period. The Hogs are going to have to recruit elite talent around Hill. Henderson game is going to need a lot of work but people said the same thing about Daniel Gafford coming into this season. Henderson can run and jump but he still need that Dog to his game.

Pinto

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 13, 2018, 09:48:51 am
You said it. However, Hill will get a chance to practice with the Hogs for a extended period. The Hogs are going to have to recruit elite talent around Hill. Henderson game is going to need a lot of work but people said the same thing about Daniel Gafford coming into this season. Henderson can run and jump but he still need that Dog to his game.

Yeah he doesn't have that same type of tenacity that Dan has. Ethan is oozing with untapped potential though