Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whites?

Started by THExONE, March 18, 2015, 09:46:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

THExONE

Twist,

You catching any yet? Doubt they have moved out of the lake yet but you always have a pulse on it.

I'm headed to check myself right now but thought I would ask on the way.

Thanks
If at first you dont suceed, so much for sky diving.......

jdelo77

Water is up and flowing pretty good on the white , I don't know about war eagle but this cold snap won't help either ! End of next week if we don't get any rain is my guess ...

jdelo77

Headed to war eagle , I'll report back later ...

jdelo77

War eagle was stained and flowing pretty good ! The gauge reads 3.5 feet , and it will come up more with all this rain ... On another note , a friend of mine caught a dozen male whites today about a mile up from twin bridges ...

twistitup

I've been hearing they are biting, crappie are biting good too. Water is kinda high and dirty - it's still a little early but it's happening.

Cold snap and rain won't help....but today lots of people were launching at twin bridges - that's for sure. I'm going in the morning and will report back.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jdelo77

I tired for crappie Sunday but nothing , I think everything is moving with the water warming but that  will all come to a halt with this cold snap the end of this week !

twistitup

2 hours / 4 nice white bass just down river from twin bridges this morning

Water cold - still early

jdelo77

Yeah end of next week should be good !

twistitup

jdelo77

Got out on war eagle again today , it's a few feet high ! Muddy and rolling ...no fish what so ever !
On another note I hear the crappie are biting great on beaver !

PEtrader

Going monday on tail water of beaver,  anyone else caught any?
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

twistitup

Caught 4 males just before dark tonight - just down from TB

jdelo77

I still have yet to catch a single white !!! I'm going to try this afternoon at twin bridges !!! I'll report back later

jdelo77

I got two good whites today down Richland ! One was almost 3 pounds ...

PEtrader

We caught about ten in the morning up from TB.  They are biting on baby crawdads. 
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

riccoar

What's your lure of choice for fishing for Whites and Hybrids?

twistitup

Quote from: riccoar on June 30, 2015, 02:20:54 pm
What's your lure of choice for fishing for Whites and Hybrids?

depending on the time of the year....but it usually imitates shad. I caught a few nice ones two weeks ago trolling for crappie with silver / white bomber cranks that run 4-7' deep - early morning.

riccoar

Quote from: twistitup on June 30, 2015, 03:59:12 pm
depending on the time of the year....but it usually imitates shad. I caught a few nice ones two weeks ago trolling for crappie with silver / white bomber cranks that run 4-7' deep - early morning.
Went last Sunday with my brother-in-law on Greers and we got 3.  They went yesterday and got 43.  I'm ready to go back again.  Gonna try first thing Sat morning if the weather cooperates.

riccoar

Not a bad haul for us

twistitup

Quote from: riccoar on July 10, 2015, 07:19:21 am
Not a bad haul for us

Nice....did you troll to catch those? What did you use? Details PLEASE, I would love to get into some that size this time of the year

riccoar

Greers Ferry.  Been catching them schooling after shad.  Real early in the morning or late evening.  Casting silver spoons into them as they school.

PonderinHog

Quote from: twistitup on July 10, 2015, 09:42:34 am
Nice....did you troll to catch those? What did you use? Details PLEASE, I would love to get into some that size this time of the year

twistitup

PonderinHog