Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reggie Perry has officially decommited

Started by BannerMountainMan, June 24, 2017, 05:06:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on June 28, 2017, 08:39:58 am
This. Coach Cal doesn't take borderline prospects and make them pros. He signs kids that are already NBA prospects and everyone acts like he some kind of coaching marvel.  The Harrison Twins, Alex Proythess, Daniel Orton Marcus Lee were all kids that played at Kentucky that hurt or killed their NBA stock.

Another way to say this, he takes the kids that prior to one and done rule would go straight to the NBA.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 28, 2017, 10:26:55 am
Another way to say this, he takes the kids that prior to one and done rule would go straight to the NBA.

You know what pisses me off, is when Coach Cal gets going in an interview on how he is upset that none his guys will stay for more than 1 year and that it makes his job extremely difficult and acts like he is handicapped because of it...really chaps my a.ss!
SCREW Vandy!

sickboy

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 28, 2017, 10:47:57 am
You know what pisses me off, is when Coach Cal gets going in an interview on how he is upset that none his guys will stay for more than 1 year and that it makes his job extremely difficult and acts like he is handicapped because of it...really chaps my a.ss!

He's a politician. A greasy politician. He's going to say whatever he needs to say to get paid.

lynbug

Concerning our 4 or 5 star in-state recruits......I personally believe that if they really have the talent coming to Arkansas for 1 or 2 years won't drastically hurt draft status or NBA potential.  On the other side of the coin....their presence for a years or two could do wonders for our program.  I'm not greedy.  I just want to get   some of the best in-state recruits on a consistent basis.  And I really think we're getting there.

TheRazorback500

At this time I feel confident that Reggie will honor his commitment. Woo pig.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Hogs49ers

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on June 28, 2017, 09:23:05 pm
At this time I feel confident that Reggie will honor his commitment. Woo pig.

SCREW Vandy!

Captain Morgan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on June 26, 2017, 02:36:39 am
Zach Collins from Gonzaga. Started zero games and only averaged 17.2 minutes per game and he was a top 10 pick last week after only one year.

Zach Collins will be a bust. Mark it Down!

FineAsSwine

Doesn't matter to me.
Hogs up! Covid down!

JenksHawg

Because yeah we've had what one of those the past 10 years?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: JenksHawg on June 30, 2017, 12:48:03 am
Because yeah we've had what one of those the past 10 years?

I was referring to the the  poster who quoted me on my comment about Zach Levine.
Hogs up! Covid down!

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hogfan991 on July 05, 2017, 10:05:20 pm
Bet he goes to Florida State.

He'd almost have to if it's true that it's because of health issues with his father. Tallahassee is 34 miles from Thomasville, GA.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

batmanfan

This health issues with his father thing really came out of nowhere
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

Breems

Been pretty obvious for a few weeks. Nothing to do but sigh and move on. We've already met our 1 5-star per decade quota anyway.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hawg Red

This kid has been in Italy one week, then LA, he'll be in Vegas, etc. All over the map. But you can't play at Arkansas because of some health issue with your pops? Just keep it real and say you want to play somewhere else.

Breems

Quote from: batmanfan on July 05, 2017, 10:15:49 pm
This health issues with his father thing really came out of nowhere

Not much fuss to be had if that's really the case, but I'm betting it was overplayed to justify the decision for Hog fans.

Kevin McPherson

HogBeliever625

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 05, 2017, 10:24:43 pm
This kid has been in Italy one week, then LA, he'll be in Vegas, etc. All over the map. But you can't play at Arkansas because of some health issue with your pops? Just keep it real and say you want to play somewhere else.
Exactly. If he plays anywhere that's not close to home he's a bad as monk because of the way he committed by telling us we were his "Kentucky, Duke, or Kansas"

bkjbearcat

Great, I'm starting to have a feeling that the Hogs basketball recruiting will mirror the Hogs football recruiting. A bunch of threes with a occasional four. In stead of a bunch of fours with the occasional five. Wait wasn't the '17 and '18 classes going to be the saviors of the program? With out Perry the two classes don't seem all that impressive. They just look meh.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

lynbug

Quote from: Breems on July 05, 2017, 10:20:41 pm
Been pretty obvious for a few weeks. Nothing to do but sigh and move on. We've already met our 1 5-star per decade quota anyway.
This is the type of event that drives me crazy. Why does there have to be a dagger every year (it seems that way).  I just don't buy the "father's health" excuse.

Pancetta

Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Hawg Red

Quote from: bkjbearcat on July 05, 2017, 10:35:34 pm
Great, I'm starting to have a feeling that the Hogs basketball recruiting will mirror the Hogs football recruiting. A bunch of threes with a occasional four. In stead of a bunch of fours with the occasional five. Wait wasn't the '17 and '18 classes going to be the sa kids of the program? With out Perry the two classes don't seem all that impressive. They just look meh.

Gafford, Hall, Garland, and Isaiah Joe will all be killers. Trust.

I'm starting to think Osabouien will surprise, too.

HogCzar1

Quote from: Breems on July 05, 2017, 10:26:09 pm
Not much fuss to be had if that's really the case, but I'm betting it was overplayed to justify the decision for Hog fans.

Maybe it's just me, but if the reason for his decommittment was family health issues, then why would he continue to play AAU for the Hawks and travel all over the country?

Pancetta

If the kid wants to go somewhere else then he should but I really hope his dad being in bad health is a ruse though because I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Breems

Quote from: bkjbearcat on July 05, 2017, 10:35:34 pm
Great, I'm starting to have a feeling that the Hogs basketball recruiting will mirror the Hogs football recruiting. A bunch of threes with a occasional four. In stead of a bunch of fours with the occasional five.

Don't fight this feelin' anymore.

We are who we are. Only the big dogs sprinkle 5*s on top of their 4-star cake.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 05, 2017, 10:37:53 pm
Gafford, Hall, Garland, and Isaiah Joe will all be killers. Trust.

I'm starting to think Osabouien will surprise, too.

All those guys will do is get us bounced in the second round. Again.

MA and staff just can't recruit elite talent. Struck out two out of three times with five star in state kids now this. He's just not a good recruiter.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Hawg Red

Quote from: bkjbearcat on July 05, 2017, 10:45:31 pm
All those guys will do is get us bounced in the second round. Again.

MA and staff just can't recruit elite talent. Struck out two out of three times with five star in state kids now this. He's just not a good recruiter.

I can't agree with you. I think the upside of those players and some of the current players is higher than this past year's team that probably makes the Elite 8 if the UNC doesn't get the UNC treatment. Mike definitely gets credit for getting these players. I'm not to the point of complaining about losing in the second round again, either, because we have been to the tournament back-to-back since Stan Heath (except Mike wins a game when he gets there).

batmanfan

The thing is is this more about his family or that he thinks MA is small time or a bit of both? I guess we will see when his list of potential suitors comes out.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: tncbg on July 05, 2017, 10:50:01 pm
If he ends up at Kentucky my head might explode. Anywhere else is fine...anywhere. If his dad is having health problems, a big sack of cash might make him feel much better. Hate to be so cynical, but these things often boil down to money.

I know I might not be the only one but I don't buy the dad health reasons. He raised himself to a 5 star talent. My guess is he now thinks he can do better then Arkansas. And we have a HC and staff that couldn't sell water in the Sahara equals a bad combo. Yep these two classes will save the program.....ya right...

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Breems on July 05, 2017, 10:42:04 pm
Don't fight this feelin' anymore.

We are who we are. Only the big dogs sprinkle 5*s on top of their 4-star cake.
[/quot

And yet Missouri hires a guy who looks like he knows how to recruit. At least for now. But boy I would love seeing a class they got come here for a change.

niels_boar

Perry doesn't owe us any explanation.  Hence, I'm going to assume that his father unfortunately has health problems.  My father is a cancer patient.  I wouldn't move far away at present for any reason.  It's petty to question it if you have no knowledge of the situation.  Being away a few weeks in the summer is not the same as being far enough away for months to need a plane ticket for a weekend visit. Everybody should exercise their right to keep their opinions to themselves and move on.  We'll field a team without him.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: niels_boar on July 05, 2017, 11:10:41 pm
Perry doesn't owe us any explanation.  Hence, I'm going to assume that his father unfortunately has health problems.  My father is a cancer patient.  I wouldn't move far away at present for any reason.  It's petty to question it if you have no knowledge of the situation.  Being away a few weeks in the summer is not the same as being far enough away for months to need a plane ticket for a weekend visit. Everybody should exercise their right to keep their opinions to themselves and move on.  We'll field a team without him.

No one is mad at Perry. We're mad at MA and staff for being garbage recruiters. You had three 5 star plays in your state only to see two of them to go to your bitter rival. You had a guy committed only to leave the moment he becomes a 5star. That's what we're mad at.

BentonvilleJeff

This is a good post. I have a sick Dad too. I would not move right now for any reason. Don't let anger get in the way. Gotta trust the young man and we have to move on. If he goes somewhere far off from home with his new team then you can get mad at him.
I like what we're building. Especially the young raw talent that we would expect to be back after one year. After watching Kentucky every year it's like watching a one year semi pro team. Very good but gets old quick. I would rather build a team like Gonzaga or Michigan St does. Experienced teams that have been with you for more than one year mean more to me. They're easier to cheer for.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: bkjbearcat on July 05, 2017, 11:17:49 pm
No one is mad at Perry. We're mad at MA and staff for being garbage recruiters. You had three 5 star plays in your state only to see two of them to go to your bitter rival. You had a guy committed only to leave the moment he becomes a 5star. That's what we're mad at.

Same ones freaking out about Monk last season. Arkansas was 2 minutes away from the sweet 16. Take a deep breath.

STLhawg

Perry gets the benefit of the doubt for sure!  If his father is sick I can TOTALLY understand the decision.  That said anyone else find it odd they don't mention the health issue?  I realize they don't need to do that, but if I were in his shoes and my pops had cancer (or whatever) I would just come out and say it (since I created the story by giving it as a reason for decommiting).

Medic821

Deuces to him.  Dont let door hit him where the goof lord spilt him.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: bkjbearcat on July 05, 2017, 11:17:49 pm

You speak as if you are not from Arkansas and that you are not actually a Hog fan, but sound more like a fan from another SEC school.
SCREW Vandy!

cosmodrum

Quote from: Hogs49ers on July 06, 2017, 12:28:06 am
You speak as if you are not from Arkansas and that you are not actually a Hog fan, but sound more like a fan from another SEC school.

I took it as "you" being MA, not Hogs in general or fans.
Go away, batin'

The_Iceman

Hawg Red

I'll buy it if he ends up somewhere like FSU. But if he ends up at Kansas, we'll know he's full of it. The whole thing smells fishy, though. Just comparing the way that family acted when he committed to compared to how they've acted in decommitting. Doesn't line up that it's some situation out of their hands. After the heartfelt committment letter you'd think the statements given now would convey more sadness (or whatever term fits best).

TNhawgfan

Quote from: texas tush hog on June 28, 2017, 10:21:51 am
He is going to be a Hog. Book it.
I love when people who have no knowledge,  and probably have never even met the family, make guarantees about what a kid will do
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

TNhawgfan

Quote from: bkjbearcat on July 05, 2017, 10:59:53 pm
I know I might not be the only one but I don't buy the dad health reasons. He raised himself to a 5 star talent. My guess is he now thinks he can do better then Arkansas. And we have a HC and staff that couldn't sell water in the Sahara equals a bad combo. Yep these two classes will save the program.....ya right...
You aren't the only one not buying the sick dad reason. You also aren't the only one that thinks the 2018 class isn't too hot without him
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

The_Iceman

Just another one that got away from Mike Anderson and staff. You just come to expect it now.

98hogs

Quote from: tncbg on July 05, 2017, 10:50:01 pm
If he ends up at Kentucky my head might explode. Anywhere else is fine...anywhere. If his dad is having health problems, a big sack of cash might make him feel much better. Hate to be so cynical, but these things often boil down to money.
So true

Hogimus Prime

I don't buy the dad is sick.  IMO some other school had someone get in his ear telling him at Arkansas he is going to be stuck at the 4 and if goes to this school he will play at the 3

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 06, 2017, 06:54:52 am
Just another one that got away from Mike Anderson and staff. You just come to expect it now.

just another stupid post by Iceman, you just come to expect it now...

Letsroll1200

Quote from: TNhawgfan on July 06, 2017, 06:50:07 am
You aren't the only one not buying the sick dad reason. You also aren't the only one that thinks the 2018 class isn't too hot without him

Perry was the steak and the rest of the guys are the sides on the plate. Right now the 2018 class is full of sides and no meat. It's just how it is!! Perry is the must get in the 2018 class and the big fish is back in the water.