Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MJ 95% sure he will sign with Cincinatti Bengals

Started by whiskeyNwater, February 11, 2010, 03:43:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskeyNwater

February 11, 2010, 03:43:45 pm Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 10:58:35 am by whiskeyNwater
only thing left is assurances that they aren't going to sign TO in 2 weeks  ;D

kingofdequeen

whiskeyNwater

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 11, 2010, 03:44:38 pm
golf to celebrate?

I promise...I haven't heard the dude this excited ever....  he is ready to make things right

kingofdequeen

good for him.  cheap bastards should have signed him last year midway through the season after his tryouts.

LordStanleysHog

ITs about time... VY and MJ on the same team.

whiskeyNwater

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 11, 2010, 03:46:20 pm
good for him.  cheap bastards should have signed him last year midway through the season after his tryouts.

no worries, we don't want the haters coming out...Matt has no hard feelings, He is excited for this opportunity

idochog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 11, 2010, 03:46:20 pm

Maybe they had to wait until the end of year due to salary cap issues
I love Jesus!

whiskeyNwater

Quote from: idochog on February 11, 2010, 03:47:47 pm
Maybe they had to wait until the end of year due to salary cap issues

no, they were originally worried that Britt wouldn't be ready and Matt was their insurance policy. Britt ended up playing very well but now they don't like Nate Washington....they knew no other teams were going to scoop him up so they just decided to wait....they found out the Bengals were seriously considering signing him and they found out that Jack Del Rio brought him in and lobbied the front office to bring him back so they decided to make a move....

Ash

I hope he does good. From what I've heard he seems willing to put the work in now.

kingofdequeen

put 70 receptions and 1000 yds on the books next year, then collect checks year after.

gg Titans...bout [CENSORED] time.

Landonhog

Quote from: whiskeyNwater on February 11, 2010, 03:43:45 pm
signs his contract tomorrow AM.....league minimum   ;D

good to hear that...

cosmodrum

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 11, 2010, 03:44:38 pm
golf to celebrate?

The only golf I've been playing lately is Tiger '10. Currently I'm -26 through 2 at Turnberry...no big deal.
Go away, batin'

idochog

Quote from: Landonhog on February 11, 2010, 03:51:44 pm
good to hear that...

he will be a 4th yr player so the league minimum will be at least 600k for that many years in the league
I love Jesus!

LordStanleysHog

Quote from: ROAD HOGG on February 11, 2010, 03:52:14 pm
Matt's on the way to the golf course with a 6 Pack and some Orange Golf Balls!

the maturity level is really reaching new lows around here... how much do you spend on windex for that glass house you live in?

Quote from: whiskeyNwater on February 11, 2010, 03:49:52 pm
no, they were originally worried that Britt wouldn't be ready and Matt was their insurance policy. Britt ended up playing very well but now they don't like Nate Washington....they knew no other teams were going to scoop him up so they just decided to wait....they found out the Bengals were seriously considering signing him and they found out that Jack Del Rio brought him in and lobbied the front office to bring him back so they decided to make a move....

Del Rio, really?  I guess he's really turned it around if Del Rio is lobbying for him.  Good to hear.

whiskeyNwater

Quote from: idochog on February 11, 2010, 03:53:34 pm
he will be a 4th yr player so the league minimum will be at least 600k for that many years in the league

his text said 550K

zwhogfan

Good for MJ... hopefully he has learned from his mistakes and can be a productive player in the NFL again.

Hawgrox

99toLife

Quote from: zwhogfan on February 11, 2010, 04:18:59 pm
Good for MJ... hopefully he has learned from his mistakes and can be a productive player in the NFL again.

Exactly.. he is so talented, but so stupid in the past..  I wish him the best!

TexHog188

Let's hope he's a changed man.  Good Luck Matt.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

twistitup

congrats Matt....good luck with everything. :razorback: :razorback:
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

kennedy

kitarae

Grats to him. Good to see his hard work and determination are coming through. Suffering from the fallout and listening to all the haters, it would have been too easy for him to just hang up the cleats. But no, he roughed it out and is finally getting a chance to prove himself.

Matt has always been my favorite Hog and he is the only NFL jersey I've ever bought.

SquidBilly

A person learns a lot more from their mistakes than they do their successes, so I for one believe Matt will be better than we've ever seen him.  Good luck to him for sure.

FANONTHEHILL

I wish him the best.  He is getting an opportunity that I am not sure he deserves and he better make the most of it.   Sometimes people get their lives straightened out and I hope that is the case here.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

southeasthog

Hope he sticks. One of my favorite players even if I did cuss him on occasion.

flagstaffhog

Go Matt, believe in yourself and you will succeed! Wish you well.
Go HOGS Go!

gotyacovered

WPS!

always liked the titans. i got a crib hook up out there, maybe i can catch my first NFL game and watch NFL MJ!
You are what you tolerate.

Orlandoback

I cant find anything on this...any news sources reporting?

porkurina

hamsam

wish the Steelers would have picked him up...
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

pigture perfect

I've never liked the Titans, but I will now. Go Matt.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hawgin84

Congratulations and good luck Matt.

ArkieBrat

I wish Matt the best of luck.  I am very happy that he is getting a second chance.
My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

gasshog

Good for Matt.....hope this is a turning point for him.

HawgWild

I'm guessing that the local TV stations will do a little negotiating to ensure Arkansas gets more of the Titans games next year? Kinda like they did for Jacksonville?

1836hog

Quote from: whiskeyNwater on February 11, 2010, 03:56:00 pm
his text said 550K

Someone could buy a lot of blow with that kinda cash.

Paul Swinebaum

Quote from: porkurina on February 11, 2010, 04:52:05 pm
I guess I'm a Titan fan now.

I will never be a Titans fan but MJ gets my support!

TheXFiles

yes! score for Arkansas!  Jones finally has his head on straight and hes close to home.  He is also a great athlete.
dont go in there for 30-40 minutes

615hawg

Does anyone possibly have a link? Just searching around the web and can't find this story
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO!"
-Bluto, "Animal House"

Hoggish1

Love it.  Now Matt needs to take it seriously because this is his last opportunity.

Dwight_K_Shrute

February 11, 2010, 05:11:26 pm #40 Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 05:19:20 pm by Dwight_K_Shrute
I hope he does well and makes everyone forget the negative stuff.  I have a hunch he is going to work his butt off and be a totally different person and player.  Nothing motivates a person more than having everything and then having all taken away.  Hope he realizes how lucky he is to get this second chance and makes the most of it.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

generichogfan

Woot!  Go Titans!  We're poised to have a good season next year.  Can't wait to see MJ lumbering around town.  (BTW Vince and Matt only played each other once technically, Chance Mock was the the TX QB during the first game). 

Lil Wayne

matt jones vince young and chris johnson?  watch out :razorback:

TheXFiles

kenny brit from rutgers too

lendale white

a decent defense

bubba franks at TE?
dont go in there for 30-40 minutes

jesterzzn

Quote from: LordStanleysHog on February 11, 2010, 03:47:27 pm
ITs about time... VY and MJ on the same team.
They should sign Brad Smith and call them the Triplets.

The Kig

Awesome!  I live in Nashville and was really hoping they would sign him earlier.   Have some friends on the team-   will see what I can find out.

Hope this is it for Matt and that he can really be a productive WR here.
Poker Porker

whiskeyNwater

cunetguru

I look forward to reading the official release...now I can stop searching for this news every week!

Congratulations, Matt Jones...tear it up!

Porkyswine

1.  Glad Matt is getting another chance and is getting paid.
2.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  Not another damn David Garrard type QB who is inaccurate.

upperdeck_hawg

nothing against the titans, but i was hoping he'd go somewhere where they dont hand it off 75% of the time.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis