Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charlie and Long

Started by bjbuatamu, November 11, 2017, 09:11:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bjbuatamu

Charlie Strong: SEC experience, Arkansan, disciplinarian, and recruiter.  Just my thought.

Is Steinmetz not firing Long because he's on that playoff committee?  Who cares?  Time for him to go. 

Enjoy all the great posts!  Go Hogs!

Hoggie17

Charlie Strong washed out at TX, he is another BB. Get him and you will be sorry.

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 11, 2017, 09:14:17 pm
Charlie Strong washed out at TX, he is another BB. Get him and you will be sorry.

Texas requires more politicking than most coaching jobs. It is a different skillset than is needed to succeed at most other programs.

He proved he could win at Louisville.

Sooie71923

Hogville will be sad when they hire a "great recruiter" at another school and he tanks on the Arkansas recruiting trail.

Coaching genius > recruiting prowess

WorfHog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 11, 2017, 09:16:17 pm
Texas requires more politicking than most coaching jobs. It is a different skillset than is needed to succeed at most other programs.

He proved he could win at Louisville.

Hard to get a Florida kids he relies on to come here.

forrest city joe

No to charlie Strong.good man,but not the right fit for Arkansas. if the guy could not win at Texas,how in the world is he going to win at Arkansas?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: WorfHog on November 11, 2017, 09:18:18 pm
Hard to get a Florida kids he relies on to come here.

He certainly is not the top of my list. He would be better than what we got now, though.

forrest city joe

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 11, 2017, 09:19:16 pm
He certainly is not the top of my list. He would be better than what we got now, though.
Anything would be better than what we have now.hell Nutt was better than this. 11 sec wins in 5 years.and 4 of those over Ole Miss. and getting blown out almost every week over the last 22 years.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hoggie17

Some us told HV that BB would not work out, we wanted to keep BP but since Long fired BP we wanted Gus. I told everyone FCJ told everyone We were ridiculed. 

Piggie

It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22