Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro football recruiting?

Started by the_kosher_pig, November 26, 2012, 08:23:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

the_kosher_pig

The QB was very good (assuming he might have an offer somewhere) and the running back was very quick.  But their right tackle and guard were very big and physical.  Does anyone know if we are looking at their linemen? 

Jonesboro was very talented and very well coached this weekend.  It was a great game.  They lost 24-0 to Pine Bluff.  It stayed close until the 4th. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

ricepig

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on November 26, 2012, 08:23:53 am
The QB was very good (assuming he might have an offer somewhere) and the running back was very quick.  But their right tackle and guard were very big and physical.  Does anyone know if we are looking at their linemen? 

Jonesboro was very talented and very well coached this weekend.  It was a great game.  They lost 24-0 to Pine Bluff.  It stayed close until the 4th. 

The QB is just a JR, I don't know of anything on him. Stafford the RB has some FCS offers, I'm not sure about his grades. I know he is close. As far as the linemen, the tackle is a Jr, and I don't think the guard has plans to play football in college. The center has signed to play baseball at ASU, in fact, the LT, RG, and H-back all start on the infield for the baseball team, haha. The only other player in know getting looks is Ota #55, a DE/DT.

RayZorbak

Look for the QB to be moved to WR/RB next season to utilize his speed as they hv a soph. QB that burned their secondary all year on scout team, he's got a very good arm. He's 6' 1" and about 165 a little light but he's just 15.

ricepig

Quote from: RayZorbak on November 26, 2012, 11:13:40 am
Look for the QB to be moved to WR/RB next season to utilize his speed as they hv a soph. QB that burned their secondary all year on scout team, he's got a very good arm. He's 6' 1" and about 165 a little light but he's just 15.

Yeah, maybe, Coleman likes to move them around, DJ isn't big enough to play RB, so he might move him to WR. They definitely have to find a RB, and as far as burning the secondary, that's not saying much.

RayZorbak

True on burning our secondary, but during summer 7on7 did a good job on Springdale/Shiloh Christian/ and teams from other states. The kid can play, just needs an opportunity. As far as RB, they hv talent there but they hv big shoes to fill.

the_kosher_pig

I thought they were very talented.  The QB was a playmaker.  The only one that stood out to me as possible SEC talent was the tackle.  He had very good feet and looked like he had good size.  But I was expecting to hear the QB/RB were being recruited at lower level DI schools.  Thanks for the update.
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

RayZorbak

Yes the QB is a playmaker, very fast has a decent arm but not very accurate. He has no offers after speaking with him. He does have grade issues, good athlete. If he can get his grade situation straightened out and he is put in a position that will showcase his talent more (WR/RB) he will get looks I would think.