Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Record Within Reach for Smith

Started by EastTexasHog, October 31, 2008, 07:48:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

EastTexasHog

Michael Smith can become the first player in SEC history to run for 1200 yards and catch 40 passes.  With four games remaining, this a real possibility for Smith. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Hogbody

Simply amazing.  He missed a game too.

Antsy

What's his rushing total and passes right now?

Ryan-O

Rushing:  163 car 920 yds, 6 TDs

Receiving:  26 rec 281 yds, 2 TDs

EastTexasHog

No one in the history of the SEC has accomplished this!

spudhog

He really is a special back and full of character. Glad he's a hog right now :razorback:

BloodRedHog

Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

upperdeck_hawg

this bodes well for his nfl chances. the pros put a  lot of value in backs that can catch the ball.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

arkjay19

Can't see him catching that many more passes.  Especially considering he's prone to dropping passes that land in the defense's hands and run back with Smith not chasing them and setting up a field goal at the end of the first half that ends up to be the deciding margin.

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: arkjay19 on October 31, 2008, 10:44:05 am
Can't see him catching that many more passes.  Especially considering he's prone to dropping passes that land in the defense's hands and run back with Smith not chasing them and setting up a field goal at the end of the first half that ends up to be the deciding margin.

i put that int more on CD than smith. looked a tad too high.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

EastTexasHog

You probably can't see him running for 1000 yards, either, but you are wrong on that as well.

Beaverfever

It'd be pretty awesome if he did that in 11 games.  The 40 catches might be close though.

Nashville Fan

Smith is the man! Great job. Just image what FJ could have done if he stayed. FJ and DMAC definately made the right decisions; but, just imagine what it will be like when we get that kind of talent again.
Pittman or Bust!

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Beaverfever

October 31, 2008, 12:17:02 pm #14 Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 12:21:14 pm by Beaverfever
Quote from: Nashville Fan on October 31, 2008, 12:11:04 pm
Smith is the man! Great job. Just image what FJ could have done if he stayed. FJ and DMAC definately made the right decisions; but, just imagine what it will be like when we get that kind of talent again.
FJ and Dmac were definitely great, but Smith is pretty good man.  I feel bad for him that he is playing like he is and people are still saying "ahhh man too bad we don't have dmac and felix".  Smith is playing pretty darn close to the level they played at during their college careers.  If he can gain some weight and keep most of his quickness he could be the next maurice jones-drew.

Razorvet

Quote from: Beaverfever on October 31, 2008, 12:17:02 pm
FJ and Dmac were definitely great, but Smith is pretty good man.  I feel bad for him that he is playing like he is and people are still saying "ahhh man too bad we don't have dmac and felix".  Smith is playing pretty darn close to the level they played at during their college careers. 

I love and appreciate him but he is not preety dang close to either of those first rounders.

Beaverfever

Some of ya'll need to get off this "Petrino is a god because he is making a horrible back like M Smith look like a good player."  We had Dmac and Felix last year, and Smith was good enough to take some carries away from those guys in some crucial games.  He is a great player that is getting his time after two legends are gone.  We'll see though, next year when we are ranked and he is still tearing it up he won't be playing second fiddle anymore.

Merle Hawggard

thanks Mr. Negative....if we'd run the clock out that wouldn't have happened in the first place!
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

Nashville Fan

October 31, 2008, 12:43:37 pm #18 Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 12:54:13 pm by Nashville Fan
Quote from: Beaverfever on October 31, 2008, 12:38:17 pm
Some of ya'll need to get off this "Petrino is a god because he is making a horrible back like M Smith look like a good player."  We had Dmac and Felix last year, and Smith was good enough to take some carries away from those guys in some crucial games.  He is a great player that is getting his time after two legends are gone.  We'll see though, next year when we are ranked and he is still tearing it up he won't be playing second fiddle anymore.
Smith is a buck 50, DMAC is 205 and faster. We would be nothing with out Smith; but you can not compare him to DMAC. I will say this... to me Smith looks like the fastest running back in the SEC this year - FL and LSU included.
Pittman or Bust!

Clint Alan

Is this actually a record? If so, what is the current record for a RB in the SEC?
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

VRaptor

Smith may hit the 1200 mark tomorrow. :)

HognotinMemphis

What numbers would be an SEC first? 1200 yd rushing and 35 receptions? 38? What is the exact number of receptions?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

UALRGrad

didn't hootie say he was too worried about a credit card and forgot three points of pressure?
If Ole Dork played the University of Hell, I'd buy a Satan jersey.

Uncle Ivan 9/6/2009

Ugly Uncle

Smith is a great running back, and he can be compared to the other two.  They all came in as Freshmen together, and Mike Smith was actually ahead of the other two on the depth chart until he got hurt.  He was that impressive to the coaches.  He is not a big drop off from the other two.
Retired Radio Host

Prosciutto

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on October 31, 2008, 10:52:02 am
i put that int more on CD than smith. looked a tad too high.

Plus he fired a fastball for a 10 yd pass.

want2be

Quote from: VRaptor on November 01, 2008, 01:29:20 am
Smith may hit the 1200 mark tomorrow. :)

Smith has to be in the Top 5 for the Doak Walker award this
year.

gangstaback

the only guy HDN recruited that was worth something. good job michael smith.