Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official game thread...

Started by Boarcephus, January 01, 2006, 07:40:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

January 01, 2006, 07:40:32 pm Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 07:41:31 pm by WindyCityHog
hogs lead early
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

WindyCityHog

Boarcephus

Brewer again, then Modica, hogs up 7-2.  Different looking Brewer for sure
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boarcephus

WindyCityHog

According to others on another thread, Brewer (flu or not) sucks....

Keep 'em coming.

Chicagoland is cold and Hogless.

Boarcephus

Hogs up 10-6.  Only bad thing so far that I see, they're playing a zone of course, we make 3-4 passes then jack up a 3.  About the only time we have an inside game is when Townes is in the game.  We've played just over 4 minutes and we've already shot 6 threes.

rocknhog

We're gonna see mostly zone this year. Ronnie has everything but outside shooting, the only thing that will probably keep him here for his senior season.

WindyCityHog

:-[

The zone may be the doom of the Hogs....

...but not against this patsy.

Boarcephus

13:37 left hogs up 14-10,  Finally get the ball into Townes and he make one of two

Boarcephus

WindyCityHog

rocknhog

rocknhog

Boarcephus

Someone needs to remind Hunter that he's 6-9 and not 5-9 and get his ass off the 3 pt line and quit shooting the damn 3's.

WindyCityHog

Thanks guys.

I'm relegated to watching the lameduck Cowboys....

Keep 'em coming.

sofullofwayne

Really need to beat the zone better than this.
Suddenly, you die in a car wreck. Everyone is shocked. Wonder how your family, wife or son/daughter is coping? Now stop for a second and think, did they truly know how much you loved them? Well, go make sure...

sofullofwayne

ROFL they acted like they didnt know there was a shot clock. CLASSIC
Suddenly, you die in a car wreck. Everyone is shocked. Wonder how your family, wife or son/daughter is coping? Now stop for a second and think, did they truly know how much you loved them? Well, go make sure...

Boarcephus

sofullofwayne

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 01, 2006, 07:57:03 pm
Someone needs to remind Hunter that he's 6-9 and not 5-9 and get his ass off the 3 pt line and quit shooting the damn 3's.

He's been playing great defense so far though.

rocknhog

19-12, we've met our first half total of the last game

sofullofwayne

What are they talking about they noticed?

Boarcephus

Boarcephus

Great play on both ends by Townes, block and a board on one end, good inside move on the other.  Hogs up 10

sofullofwayne

sofullofwayne

Boarcephus

Intential foul against them. Jefferson makes one, Townes get a putback, hogs up 25-12, 8:52 left.

GrizzledHogFan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

rocknhog

offensive rebound and dunk 25-12

whatsshakinbacon

impressed with our ball movement tonight - and defense...

GrizzledHogFan

whatsshakinbacon

rocknhog

this doesn't feel like new years day. no hangover, no college football, and watching Hogs basketball

sofullofwayne

Townes is making a name for himself not only in this game but for what the future brings.

GrizzledHogFan

Zen_Hog

Boarcephus

Here's the way I see it, when Townes is in, we have an inside game, zone or no zone.  Without him, non existent.  Townes for 2 more, total of 10 and going to the line.  Hogs up 27-14

whatsshakinbacon

10 second call?  turnover wasn't explained.

whatsshakinbacon

Boarcephus

At least the hogs are attacking the zone now.  Good inside out game. Hogs up 32-16

WindyCityHog

Fantastic..

Hogs should win this one easily.

I would like to hear that McCurdy and Hunter are playing big roles.....

whatsshakinbacon

windy - seems like Mccurdy is really coming on these last few games - and as I type he hits a three.

Boarcephus

McCurdy for 3.  35-16, 4:59 left.

sofullofwayne

Well you got it, McCurdy with the three.

sofullofwayne

Brewer dribbled and I knew he was gunna lose it soon if he keeps dribbling right under the basket.

WindyCityHog

Thanks guys.

I have high hopes for McCurdy.

Boarcephus

Kid you not, McCurdy looks very good.  He's the outside shot against the zone we don't have.  He's  not Jefferson on defense or the boards but he can bust a zone. 

whatsshakinbacon

For a freshman - McCurdy is progressing nicely - seems to be getting comfortable out there.

I have to say that the motion offense is beginning to mature.  I realize that the competition is lower than what we will be facing soon, but at least we're looking for the right passes.  I'm impressed with our improvement.

And defense is very solid.  To hold any team under 40 like we did Friday night is quite an achievement.

rocknhog

sofullofwayne

Darian Townes is a first rounder if his keeps getting better. That is in 2007.

Yep, I said it.

Boarcephus

37-21 hogs after a steal. 2 something left