JJHog

What's Mike Irwin been saying?

About Bb and the program have no heard him on the radio or in a post
" Think Right, Do Right"

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: JJHog on October 26, 2017, 06:39:13 pm

Irwin is always the last to get on the "get rid of this coach" wagon...I remember him defending Pelphrey until he was blue in the face when he was on the radio in the afternoon....let's all have a good bleed, right, Mike ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Wayne Watson

You must not listen to Bo.  Mike's on there all the time.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Großer Kriegschwein

We're just losing to better teams for every reason under the sun.

Paraphrased.
This is my non-signature signature.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 26, 2017, 06:51:40 pm

Paraphrased.

I would concur.
We don't rent pigs

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Wayne Watson on October 26, 2017, 06:53:02 pm
I would concur.

I just gave you the jambalaya spoon salute from Louisiana.

Cheers buddy.

Also Dr. Heim called in to rebut everything said yesterday. If we're happy gettin stomped by everyone by 40 points then the administration won't mind people reducing their donations.

JJHog

Crap. They'll be bringing BB back.
Despite :
Blown leads
Blow out losses
Not recruiting Texas enough
Not recruiting lineman
Horrible record
Crappy staff hires
I'm sure there's more...

What has he done to earn year 6? A Texas bowl win. ? The guy can't get it done here how much must longer must we wAtch this?

" Think Right, Do Right"

hogcard1964

Nothing

Which means he knows he's gone.

swineology

He posts on this board, ask him.

Pigstie

No so sure about that. It's obvious he isn't posting as much. He has pushed the same ideas on TV recently that he disagreed with me on in this forum so maybe he is coming around.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 26, 2017, 06:53:59 pm
I just gave you the jambalaya spoon salute from Louisiana.

Cheers buddy.

Also Dr. Heim called in to rebut everything said yesterday. If we're happy gettin stomped by everyone by 40 points then the administration won't mind people reducing their donations.

You from down south?

We don't rent pigs

Bkhardicars

I listen to Bo and Grants show on lunch break and seems like mixed signals from the media recently. After the USCeast game, seemed like everyone , including local media, was disgusted and didn't think things could be turned around.As of late, it seems the talking heads have been rallying around the injury claim...However, after DR. Heim laid out his case today, all BO could say was he couldn't disagree with anything he had said. I guess the situation is "fluid".....😁

Großer Kriegschwein

On that map I'm about an 1/8th of an inch north of Lake Charles.

jgphillips3

Getting beat by better teams?  Okay.  However, we are losing badly to equivalent teams and getting our brains beat in by better teams.  Big difference.

AirWarren

Who cares.

Joe-T

Tigaman

He was on here about a week ago saying that Bielema would be back because he hadn't received the "talk" from Long saying that he had to make changes or else he's fired. Every indication is that "talk" already happened after the Virginia Tech debacle last season.

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

hoglady

We're a bad team - so of course most teams are better than us and we're losing to them.
That's the point - WE ARE BAD.

So we need to find a coach who can field a team that's not so bad.
A team that's better prepared, better coached, mentally tougher, utilizes the available talent better and schemes better.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Tusks

Guys don't be so nervous, BB is gone.  They, AR media (an oxymoron) don't have a clue as to what's going on. 

In Porkatarian HV must trust.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

EastexHawg

Paraphrased.

Isn't our coach's job to make sure everyone we play isn't better than we are?

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

(notOM)Rebel123

To answer your question..."blah, blah, blah,grumble, gripe, blah, blah..."
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteWhat's Mike Irwin been saying?

HEY KID...   Get off my lawn!
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

alohawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 26, 2017, 08:01:50 pm
Getting beat by better teams?  Okay.  However, we are losing badly to equivalent teams and getting our brains beat in by better teams.  Big difference.

It's 2017 and Arkansas football is a joke.  :puke:
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Al Boarland

A lot of people are posting less after talking a big game leading up to the season.

Torqued pork

It makes me think Irwin believes Bret will likely be here next year, so genteel coverage is still in effect.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: Torqued pork on October 27, 2017, 04:26:10 am
It makes me think Irwin believes Bret will likely be here next year, so genteel coverage is still in effect.
Just say NO to Bret[ for next season.

Nyet for Bret!

hogsolutely

Ok, fastest to 30 losses than any coach that was given 5 years here.  3 out of 5 years here 0-4 starts in the SEC.  This is just 2 reasons to move on from this regime.  At the end of this season if we do not win an SEC game I'm pretty sure in a 5 year span we will have the WORST win % in the SEC that is below Vandy an Kentucky.  But, thank god our players are staying out of trouble an Graduating that is really the ONLY thing you can hang your hat on. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 26, 2017, 07:56:59 pm
On that map I'm about an 1/8th of an inch north of Lake Charles.

On a key-chain globe that would put it at the North Pole...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

The OTR

Mike Irwin's gonna talk when Mike Irwin's ready to talk and a bunch of Hogville yahoos aren't going to force his hand on anything and anyone who would like to discuss that further can meet me at the Alma Sonic anytime you're ready. There's a nice big open field behind the sonic there just perfect for folks to work out differences and for settling both minor and major disagreements.

Mike's on the radio all the time. He's hogville's best friend...and I'm not going to stand for anyone to say another disparaging word about the man.

PH Jackson

hog911

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on October 27, 2017, 06:27:00 am
Just say NO to Bret[ for next season.

Nyet for Bret!
Irwin has stated that on here. I don't think Brett is going anywhere. We will have him at least one more season. However, I would challenge B.B. to drop at least a 100 lbs by next season. It's hard to tell young men about hard work and declipine when it appears you don't have any yourself. Plus I truly believe it will make him better at his job: recruiting, coaching!

hawgon

He has been on Bo's show a lot saying that there are no plans to get rid of Bielema and basically calling everyone who thinks that there might be or should be stupid.

In short, pretty much what he was saying about Chaney right before it was anooinced that he was going to Pitt.

bkjbearcat

B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Kevin

he is saying whatever the coaches say. he just parrots what they say. then he gets mad at us, calling us drunks on a message board, when someone tries to challenge him. saying we are not there everyday, and he has been covering the hogs for 40 years.

with social media today, you don't have to be there, every press conference in on youtube. go listen for yourself, evaluate what you see on the field.

but, when cbb is gone, then the piling on will start
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

DeltaBoy

I am almost to start back drinking with this bunch and I been dry and sober for over 25 years.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

#1Fan

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 26, 2017, 10:23:12 pm
Isn't our coach's job to make sure everyone we play isn't better than we are?

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.
+1
Maybe the plan is to be as bad as possible so the excuse can be "Every team we play is better than we are. Why would you expect us to win?"

The real Hogules

Paraphrased.
Well, when you're considered one of the 25 WORST teams in ALL of college football, just about every team you play is considered a "better team". Please remind me whose job it is to see to it that a good number of those teams that are currently considered "better teams", are behind, rather than in front of us?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: bkjbearcat on October 27, 2017, 08:13:07 am
Mike Irwin is a hack.

There's a lot of hacks in Arkansas, but Mike Irwin isn't one of them.  I don't always agree with him but he's hardly a hack.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

shown006

Been saying it's Little Rock's fault.
WPS!

The NewEra

Has anyone else noticed how Wally Hall has backed off since his initial series of articles calling Bielema out?

HotlantaHog

Mike is a very good reporter. I am a fan. I am sure the tone of what he has said on occasion has suggested some optimism about Bielema as a coach ... he is evidently a great guy, highly organized and has hired some assistants that are higher quality than Arkansas has seen in some time. I don't doubt Mike's views are pretty accurate and insightful.

Obviously, Bielema is a highly ethical guy who means well and has done a lot of things right. The bottom line remains, at some point it comes down to wins and losses. There is obviously something not working right now.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Kevin on October 27, 2017, 08:17:53 am
he is saying whatever the coaches say. he just parrots what they say. then he gets mad at us, calling us drunks on a message board, when someone tries to challenge him. saying we are not there everyday, and he has been covering the hogs for 40 years.

with social media today, you don't have to be there, every press conference in on youtube. go listen for yourself, evaluate what you see on the field.

but, when cbb is gone, then the piling on will start

That's why I call him a hack.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

The NewEra

Quote from: HotlantaHog on October 27, 2017, 08:29:02 am
Mike is a very good reporter. I am a fan. I am sure the tone of what he has said on occasion has suggested some optimism about Bielema as a coach ... he is evidently a great guy, highly organized and has hired some assistants that are higher quality than Arkansas has seen in some time. I don't doubt Mike's views are pretty accurate and insightful.

Obviously, Bielema is a highly ethical guy who means well and has done a lot of things right. The bottom line remains, at some point it comes down to wins and losses. There is obviously something not working right now.

I pretty much agree with you on Bielema except for the final sentence.  There are four things not working.  Offense, Defense, Special Teams, Player Passion for Winning.

That's a lot to fix.

hobhog

Maybe he has nothing new to add to the situation and doesn't want to post or respond to the same comments over, and over, and over.....

SemperHawg

Its good there is a post with his name in it... Now he'll have fresh content when he goes on the radio and [CENSORED] about how stupid everyone on here is.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: bkjbearcat on October 27, 2017, 08:35:12 am
That's why I call him a hack.

Thank you for clarifying.  Most on here say something and never back it up.  You have a reason for what you stated.  It may be wrong or right, but you have a reason!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ironhawg

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 27, 2017, 08:20:22 am
There's a lot of hacks in Arkansas, but Mike Irwin isn't one of them.  I don't always agree with him but he's hardly a hack.

This.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: SemperHawg on October 27, 2017, 08:42:01 am
Its good there is a post with his name in it... Now he'll have fresh content when he goes on the radio and [CENSORED] about how stupid everyone on here is.
And you disagree with him? ??? ??? ???
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

SemperHawg

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on October 27, 2017, 09:18:38 am
And you disagree with him? ??? ??? ???
I think its a message board...That means its a place to have an opinion, even a stupid one.  What Mike does is basically going and hanging out at a skating rink and then complaining about all the kids on roller skates.