Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For all of the complaints about recruiting...

Started by iluvmyslute89, November 22, 2012, 07:46:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

iluvmyslute89

we have 3 four star commits and 7 three stars. That is not bad for what we have been through and not presently having a long time head coach.

Hogginout

Hogs 4 Life

3kgthog

That's not going to beat Bama, LSU, and aTm. Are you ok with 4th in the West most years?

iluvmyslute89

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 22, 2012, 11:56:11 am
That's not going to beat Bama, LSU, and aTm. Are you ok with 4th in the West most years?
that's a pretty big conclusion to draw from what i said. why don't you read my post again, digest all the information within it and try again at a legitimate response.
Quote from: The Pig of destiny on November 22, 2012, 07:46:26 am
we have 3 four star commits and 7 three stars. That is not bad for what we have been through and not presently having a long term head coach.

iluvmyslute89

November 22, 2012, 12:07:29 pm #5 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:10:33 pm by The Pig of destiny
You, know 1 might even go as far as to say S prospect Khari harding is a legit sec safety at 6-2 205. by all accounts he excels in zone coverage and run support. He just missed on 4 star status. Additionally we currently have 3 o-line prospects sign. this is a good recruiting year, better than you can comprehend apparently. Not to mention versatile Lamar Jordan and his (reputed) sub 4.4 forty. Then you have underated players such and Jervenski Johnson, who catches anything you can throw at him, and sure tackler with good instincts in alex brignoni. this is a solid recruiting class, especially considering the circumstances surrounding the program at this time.

Hogginout

Hogs 4 Life

Granny

I think most are frustrated b/c it was self imposed by having an interim coach for an entire season start to finish.  I still can't believe we got the guys we got.  Take Hunter Henry for instance, how does he know the next coach is even going to use the TE like we have in the past?  What if we hire a defensive minded, ground and pound guy that uses the TE mainly as a blocker?

Most recruits want clarity when it comes to they are going to be playing for.  Jeff Long decided to sacrifice an entire year of recruiting when he decided not to get an NFL coach back in the spring.  That will take a long time to recover from regardless who ends up coaching the hogs.

Hogginout

Well Espn got us ranked 13th in the sec before the new coach is named so lets see where we end up at at the point of fact
Hogs 4 Life

WildHawg

This feels like a bit of sunshine pumping and hog colored glasses point of view from the OP.  We have also whiffed on most major prospects (yes, according to the recruiting services) and IMO seem to have been much more open to taking commitments from plan B, C, or further down the list type of recruits. The short offer lists of many recruits can be a testament to either our staff finding the talent first or other teams coaching staffs feeling like they have better options. I feel like this year the latter is the most indicative of our situation. Could we be doing worse recruiting? Definitely yes. Are we getting players that will field a time that competes at the elite level of the SEC. Definitely no.

A new coach will change everything and there may be some big changes. I'm hoping for the best come signing day.

Bubba's Bruisers

Assuming that the services are generally correct about the scholarship offers to our commits, this class is mediocre at best right now...and even worse along the line of scrimmage (very scary). 

Of course, that's to be expected considering the circumstances.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

iluvmyslute89

no i just know wth im talking about wildhawg. i was pointing out the fact that this class is good all things considered. dont crap ur self when khari harding and brooks ellis start as true freshman. along with lamar jordan. if u read the inside recruiting info on jordan. he 5-10 runs a 4.38 av with a 4.24 low. he plays qb in highschool but translates as a db/wr/ret at this level.

Uncommon

Our current class is ranked 13th out of 14 SEC schools by ESPN.  At least we're beating Kentucky.  Can't wait for the new head coach to improve our ranking.

WildHawg

Quote from: The Pig of destiny on November 25, 2012, 01:00:16 am
no i just know wth im talking about wildhawg. i was pointing out the fact that this class is good all things considered. dont crap ur self when khari harding and brooks ellis start as true freshman. along with lamar jordan. if u read the inside recruiting info on jordan. he 5-10 runs a 4.38 av with a 4.24 low. he plays qb in highschool but translates as a db/wr/ret at this level.

Easy there killer. I guess I should assume you have expert recruit evaluation skills based on your user name? Sure, we are doing well for all things comsidered I guess, but if we recruited like our season went we would just field a D3 team. When you look at it other than all things considered we are posed to be bottom 1/3 of our conference. That's not good enough but hopefully the coaching hire changes things.

Plus, there are always 2-3 recruits whose measurables or 40 times say they should be a great player...then they don't contribute in their first 2 seasons. Case in point would be Eric Hawkins (true frosh who didn't see the field) and his similar 40 time. Some never pan out. I hope the best of our recruits. But I don't expect it. If Harding and Ellis start then great, but it doesn't mean that they are world beaters. This season proved we have a huge void of playmakers at those positions. That's why we already started 2 frosh LB's. Depth and talent at safety and on the o-line, and even WR to a lesser degree, is the exact same. We just don't look like we have the caliber of recruits so far to fill the the many and gaping voids on our team. That type of class may not even be possible.

HawgFan70

I judge recruits more by who has offered them than I do what star rating they have. I look at our list of recruits and it is poor who we have beat for recruits. Hunter Henry and Austin Allen aside the only SEC schools we have edged out is the Mississippi schools.
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

Tim Harris

THere is a solid base for the new coach to build on.  I'm hoping for a couple big time pickups and a class that will finish middle of the pack in the SEC. 

Jackrabbit Hog

As of today, rivals has us ranked 48th in the country (13th in SEC) and scout has us ranked 40th (13th in SEC).  Every day we are without a head coach is another day we lose ground to other programs.  I am already resigned to next year being a "lost" year in terms of the recruiting class and the on-the-field record, but I'm optimistic that the right hire can make it a short rebuilding period.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 26, 2012, 03:57:22 pm
As of today, rivals has us ranked 48th in the country (13th in SEC) and scout has us ranked 40th (13th in SEC).  Every day we are without a head coach is another day we lose ground to other programs.  I am already resigned to next year being a "lost" year in terms of the recruiting class and the on-the-field record, but I'm optimistic that the right hire can make it a short rebuilding period.

Those service rankings don't matter until one puts us in the top 20.  Only then will they be a credible source.  Based on the scholarship offers to most of our recruits, I mean those that have other offers, I'd say 48th place is probably about right.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Steef