Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can we get 3 More Wins?

Started by BR, October 08, 2017, 09:36:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

smb

Bret do the right thing resign please.
GeorgiaHOG

SWarkansasman

Why would any of us want to go to a low tier bowl, and then get run out of the stadium by some no name?  Have we not been embarrassed enough already?

Pecos Hog

No.  Not realistically.   Face the reality - we have a terrible football team.   

PonderinHog

Quote from: smb on October 08, 2017, 05:35:34 pm
Bret do the right thing resign please.
I'm detecting a trend in your posts, lately.

razorbackred1

Quote from: BR on October 08, 2017, 09:36:21 am
Can Arkansas get 4 more Wins to make a Bowl Game?? 2-3 right now... Not sure they can, BAMA will destroy us next week. Bret Bielema is now 10-24 in SEC and 27-29 overall.. Plus he is an OUTSTANDING 0-16 if we are behind at half.. We have the worst O-Line in the SEC. SEC Network showed a graphic that Austin Allen is hit more than any QB in the country the last 2 year's - and it's not close.  On the bright side, we made our first field goal of the year today, in the 5th game.. Still a Hog Fan, but realistic... "Time for some Changes"..  "Come on Hogs "

Oct. 14 at No. 1 Alabama (very bad loss)
Oct. 21 No. 12 Auburn (loss)
Oct. 28 at Ole Miss (toss up)
Nov. 4 Coastal Carolina (WIN)
Nov. 11 at LSU (Loss)
Nov. 18 No. 24 Mississippi State (Tossup)
Nov. 24 Missouri (tossup)

Nope, I see 2, CC and Mizzou, maybe

BR

After the BAMA Game, NO WAY we can win 4 More................

Oct. 21 No. 12 Auburn (loss)
Oct. 28 at Ole Miss (toss up)
Nov. 11 at LSU (Loss)
Nov. 18 No. 24 Mississippi State (LOSS)
Nov. 24 Missouri (tossup)
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

farmhawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 08, 2017, 05:29:35 pm
Here is a quote from a "level headed" guy:

"Top line QB and backs. Real speed at receiver. An Oline that will be top 3 in the SEC. A defense  that will be much improved and more disruptive. A solid kicking game and a favorable schedule. Copy, paste and print it off, we will win 10 games this year. No brag just fact. :razorback:"

This is the type of stuff that was hyped all offseason. These are the integrity people that will tell you 2010 was an awful season and we have much better coaching now.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

thebignasty

I think we beat coastal Carolina and one out of Ole Miss and Mizzou, though both of those offenses are terrible matchups for us. We could lose to both.

Hawgzinbowlz

Whether we go bowling or not doesn't alter the fact that this failed experiment has to end...And we are favored against CC and Mizzou...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/fpi/_/id/8/arkansas-razorbacks

" GO HOGS "

Idahog

If they play like they did last night and continue to get marginally better, I could see winning 4.  This would save Bret's job for another year... I say they win against CC, state, ole miss, LSU and lose to mizzou and Auburn.  Then 2018 arrives and we similar first half season meltdowns, have similar conversations next year...
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

Uberanubis

ok. i looked for this but but didn't put a lot of effort in, can some one please link or post what the remaining % chance for the hogs to win each of the last 6 games are?

because i dont see us favored in any but maybe the mizzu and CC games. honestly i would not be surprised if Mizzu was a a 50/50 game.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

RedRazorHog

Nope - Coastal Carolina is the best possible... I see losses to Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss and even Missouri coming!  Bert must go!  Bert must go!
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

hogcard1964

Folks, I've been saying this for three weeks now. Auburn is a winnable game.

DemiHOG

Why does anyone think we can win 4 more games? We can't win but maybe Coastal, I love the optimism, but we are the worst team in the conference. Be very surprised to win 2 more. We aren't even an average team.

The real Hogules

No. We should win the CC game and the MO. game is a toss up. Other than those two we will be a decided underdog in each and every game, beginning at home against AU.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

hog911

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 08, 2017, 09:52:44 am
Ole miss, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, and Carolina coastal. 

All of these teams are as bad as us and we will have a chance depending on if the team is still behind Beliema.

No, all of the remaining SEC teams are better than us! We are not solid at any phase of the game, our special teams are awful, defense overall is playing better, but can't hold up long enough to overvome our offensive woes! Our team overall is very slow and weak to compete in the SEC. We need to play near flawless football and be given a gift or two by opponents to win any of our remaining conference games. More than three wins should be considered very good for this team!

Arkiebrian

Quote from: BR on October 08, 2017, 09:36:21 am
Can Arkansas get 4 more Wins to make a Bowl Game?
Why?  So Bert can stay?

lakecityhog

Missouri put up 28 on Georgia last night, can we score 35?

houhog1967

roothawg

Yes with CK as the QB we can. The reason you want any bowl is to have the extra reps you don't get if you are sitting at home.

Calvin Swine

1 win assured.  Mizzou, Ole Mess, and maybe MSU are tossups.  We are bad. 

Hogwild

Before the season I had Miss State as a likely win, but I don't feel that way any longer.  State is 4-2 with winnable home games against Kentucky, UMASS, and Ole Miss. Their two remaining road games are A&M and us. Mullen will let his team know that the game against us is for an 8 win season and a better bowl game.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

East Clintwood

What's the time frame we're talking here? 

I don't think there are 4 more wins this year but including next year I think we can do it.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

BR

Mississippi State will kill us ......   

houhog1967

KCRazorbackfan

Probably can if we combine this year and next year; doesn't look good for this year alone.
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

BR

Can we get 3, I say no......

Nov. 11 at LSU (Loss)  could be close, team might have a little momentum after 2 wins in a row....
Nov. 18 No. 24 Mississippi State (LOSS) after what they did to A*M it's not looking good....
Nov. 24 Missouri (tossup)  Don't think our "D" can hold Missouri under 40

BR

What's sad is Missouri has a great chance to get to 6-6, 3-5 now with the remaining schedule....  The HOG game could mean something to them, maybe we can play spoilers....

Sat, Nov 4 vs  Florida
Sat, Nov 11 vs Tennessee
Sat, Nov 18 @ Vanderbilt
Fri, Nov 24 @ Arkansas

rzrbkman

Quote from: BR on October 29, 2017, 11:36:43 am
What's sad is Missouri has a great chance to get to 6-6, 3-5 now with the remaining schedule....  The HOG game could mean something to them, maybe we can play spoilers....

Sat, Nov 4 vs  Florida
Sat, Nov 11 vs Tennessee
Sat, Nov 18 @ Vanderbilt
Fri, Nov 24 @ Arkansas

Missouri gave up 43 points to lower division 2-6 Missouri St.  The very next week Missouri St. played North Dakota and did not score at all. Missouri has just lost their starting RB, maybe for the season. Arkansas will win this matchup.

Athog

All of these teams are as bad as us and we will have a chance depending on if the team is still behind Beliema.

Well we do have a chance! I think the team is still behind BB but if we are good enough is another story!

DeltaBoy

Well we beat old myth now to CC, then on down the line!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jgphillips3

If we were playing LSU or MSU on Saturday, they would have beat us like a dog.  We'll beat Coastal and I'll put Mizzou at 50/50. They really are bad.

goodguytex

I can see us beating CC and Missouri, getting to 5-7. Our APR should be high enough to get us to the Indy bowl in Shreveport. IMO, that should cost bielema his job, and Rhoades should coach our bowl game. But I doubt that will happen. I expect if we get a bowl game Bielema is back next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back either way.

kid squealer

Quote from: goodguytex on October 30, 2017, 04:48:37 am
I can see us beating CC and Missouri, getting to 5-7. Our APR should be high enough to get us to the Indy bowl in Shreveport. IMO, that should cost bielema his job, and Rhoades should coach our bowl game. But I doubt that will happen. I expect if we get a bowl game Bielema is back next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back either way.
would love to see more wins but its past time for a change in leadership
SMITE ME JACKWAGONS!!!  I NEED TO BE THE -1 KING!!!

PORKULATOR

We could... But it'd be tough.
Let's see we get 2... 5-7 sux but teams have gone bowling with that. You get extra practice time and game experience. At this point, I just want them to finish strong.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

EastexHawg

If Nick Fitzgerald stays upright through the game against us he will destroy our defense.  LSU's defense will be in our backfield enough to make up for Orgeron's junior high offense and mediocre QB play.  We beat Coastal Carolina and maybe beat Missouri...if they don't pass us silly and put up 45-55 points.

Ham Ham Pigelow

October 30, 2017, 09:24:00 am #88 Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:42:01 am by Ham Ham Pigelow

hogsanity

3 wins will be tough, CC is about as gimmee as they get in November. LSU is just so offensively challenged the Hogs culd stay close, but the LSU defense is pretty tough. MSU is beatable if they contain Fitzgerald. MIzzu, who knows at that point, they can throw, which is bad for the Hogs, but they are terrible of defense.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE