Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would we be fretting over a BCS bid if in the Big 12?

Started by JoyDivision, November 13, 2011, 09:16:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JoyDivision

Think about it? I hate the big 12.  Contrasted with the SEC it's a joke.  It's corrupt, overrated, and the teams have no camaraderie like the SEC (there are not "big 12" chants after non-conference victories.)  That being said if we were in the Big 12 we'd be the big fish in the third or fourth biggest pond and I submit, we'd be as successful as OU and thus get the needed respect with the voters OU has.

Or there could just be a playoff system.  I'm pretty jaded by the whole possibility of going 11-1 and even 10-2 to two top 5 times and going to &%$# cotton bowl.

jamie72921

Did you miss the year that Florida kicked OU's butt for the NC?

That year, OU, Texas, and Texas Tech tied for the division crown and Tech was left out of the BCS as a result. Why do you think it would be any different for us over there if the same thing happened?
Bless your heart

SoonerInSpringdale

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: SoonerInSpringdale on November 13, 2011, 09:47:34 pm
Kicked butt = 10 point game
Smh

The last time Arkansas played Oklahoma sooner fans kept referring to it as a butt-kicking and still do...what was the final score again?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: SoonerInSpringdale on November 13, 2011, 09:47:34 pm
Kicked butt = 10 point game
Smh

Considering OU was averaging 40 plus a game and couldn't score 20 that is a butt kicking. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hogsanity

It would be the same, it would be very likely that us, ou and osu would all end 11-1  so not much difference. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE