Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UT message board hilarious...

Started by Bogghawg, August 13, 2011, 12:00:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

"Theres a difference between making $5M more TV money than everyone else vs. totally destabilizing a conference by leaving." 

I guess it's OK for ut to screw everyone over but it's hurting their feelings that the Aggies might be about to do something about it.

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=6389065&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

HogHomer

They are just mad the Aggies are beating them to the punch.

dawginar

That board has some priceless reading. I think aggy has gotten the best of the shorthorns.

Tony Perkis

UT sports can fall off the face of the earth for all I care.

ark30inf

I've been reading Texas boards tonight.  It is a good reminder of how great it is to not be tied to their bed anymore.

What is shocking is to see fans from schools like Baylor and Texas Tech coming to Texas boards and self-abusing themselves in hopes of a pat on the head.  Which they don't get.

The Okies don't abase themselves like that and have some pride, but I don't know how they can stand to have won National Championships yet stay in a conference run by a program that has a fanbase that thinks they are dirt.  I don't like OU at all, but I don't think they are "mongoloid toothless" trash.  From what I can tell the Okies just shrug it off.

pigmailyen

bigmiker

I love the comments on that board. They are talking about how A&M is greedy?  And how the SEC is full of liars and cheats. It must suck to have such a high opinion of one's self and not realize how stupid and pathetic the shortwhors are. I love watching texASS fall!
Quote from: 3kgthog: "He shut it down like Mark Mangino at a buffet."

56Hog

Texas is going to "win" in the long run, making s ton of money eventually when they sell themselves to one of the superconferences.

But Texas is losing more than money can make up for.  With the SWC long dead and the B12 dying, Texas and ESPN's plan seems to have been to build their own superconference around the LHN and a gang of actual or quasi independents.  They had a window of opportunity to do this before Slive, Scott, and Delaney were ready to pull the superconference trigger.

Instead they spurred the big guys into moving ahead with disassembling the NCAA and starting the superconference era.  Tomorrow the SEC presidents will vot e to acept A&M (and who knows whom else) this will unleash Scott and the PAC on OU and eventually Delaney will get MU if Slive doesn't.  To recover its losses to the SEC the ACC will in turntake down the football side of the Big East and the scramble to the lifeboats will be underway.

Before they know it, Texas and ESPN will find that the only players left to build a superconference around will be Texas, BYU and the likes of TTech and KSU etc.  Texas will face the choice of superconference membership on SEC or PAC or B1G terms or life in the shadows with the superconferences shutting the Horns out with scheduling power.

ESPN's contract will be a dead weight forcing UT to give in and the Longhorns will eventually announce a "merger" with one of the superconferences but they and all the world will know it is a hostile takeover and the Texas brand will never command the same respect it has for the last century.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

Danny J

August 13, 2011, 03:55:50 am #8 Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 04:33:58 am by headhawg7
nevermind

SpanHog

Quote from: HogHomer on August 13, 2011, 12:01:42 am

And we beat the whole state of Texas to the punch by a good 20 years or so.  Good riddance to the Dirty Dozen, it was a fail from the moment of conception all because they allowed the Whorns to run roughshod over their lives.  Texans are slow learners, but give aTm credit, they chose to see the light.
proud graduate of the U of A 2013

Boarcephus

After reading this, let's take a moment to reflect on what in the world type of hell we'd be in now if Broyles hadn't had the foresight to jump to the SEC when he did.  I doubt if we'd have the 100 yard long weight room, DWR's Stadium probably wouldn't be as nice as it is and we'd be sitting  here now cussing texas for screwing up our conference, making more $$ than us and wondering what in the hell we're going to do next. 

As pissed as I was for Frank's handling of Nutt, I'd like to give him a big hug and a sloppy wet kiss for getting us in the SEC and away from those texas bastards.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

knowholesbarred

Ha Ha, Texa$$ gets jilted by a 4 (aTm) and thinks they will replace her with an 8 (ND), dream on you egotistical shortwhorns. That is hilarious.

HogNuttz

Quote from: HogHomer on August 13, 2011, 12:01:42 am

The Aggies aren't beating them to the punch, it's a punch the Longhorn's can't even throw.  Their behavior has pretty much sealed their fate as a member of the Big 12 or as an independent.  No major conference will give an invite to a school that will bring the destablization that Texas does.  In the end, the Aggies will get the last laugh by joining the SEC.  This will create a major market for the SEC and will rapidly expand the interest in Aggie football as Texas will be playing as independents (i.e.  one or no regional rival games played every year).

Best part is, once the Big 12 falls, Oklahoma, A&M, and Ok St can all severely cripple Texas by simply not playing them.....which is what Texas has done to them for a decade now.....play them.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

hogcoots

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 13, 2011, 05:58:36 am
After reading this, let's take a moment to reflect on what in the world type of hell we'd be in now if Broyles hadn't had the foresight to jump to the SEC when he did.  I doubt if we'd have the 100 yard long weight room, DWR's Stadium probably wouldn't be as nice as it is and we'd be sitting  here now cussing texas for screwing up our conference, making more $$ than us and wondering what in the hell we're going to do next. 

As pissed as I was for Frank's handling of Nutt, I'd like to give him a big hug and a sloppy wet kiss for getting us in the SEC and away from those texas bastards.

Frank Broyles did a lot of good for the University of Arkansas.  He was a visionary in college football and had the cajones to make a major leap when we left the SWC for the SEC.  Did he make mistakes along the way?  Absolutely.  Does he have a tremendous ego?  Absolutely.  Does he love the Arkansas Razorbacks?  Absolutely.

EastTexasHog

Am is doing the right thing.  They may not win big, but they stood up for themselves and did the unexpected!

RivercrestHog

Quote from: HogNuttz on August 13, 2011, 08:21:38 am
The Aggies aren't beating them to the punch, it's a punch the Longhorn's can't even throw.  Their behavior has pretty much sealed their fate as a member of the Big 12 or as an independent.  No major conference will give an invite to a school that will bring the destablization that Texas does.  In the end, the Aggies will get the last laugh by joining the SEC.  This will create a major market for the SEC and will rapidly expand the interest in Aggie football as Texas will be playing as independents (i.e.  one or no regional rival games played every year).

Best part is, once the Big 12 falls, Oklahoma, A&M, and Ok St can all severely cripple Texas by simply not playing them.....which is what Texas has done to them for a decade now.....play them.

You're incredibly naive, if you think a major conference doesn't want them. Slive would probably have an off on UT's desk in 5 minutes, if he thought they were showing interest.

texas tush hog

Quote from: RivercrestHog on August 13, 2011, 09:02:08 am
You're incredibly naive, if you think a major conference doesn't want them. Slive would probably have an off on UT's desk in 5 minutes, if he thought they were showing interest.

Not if it means selling the souls of the other tweve members. Texas does not want to be a member of anything. They want to run it. Do you actually think Alabama would stand for that. Texas has peed in their Post Toasties with rhe SEC, you can take that to the bank. The Pac 12 and Big Ten might take them, but Nebraska would try to exert some influence on that. Most of the rest are well aware of the sips by now.

RivercrestHog

Quote from: texas tush hog on August 13, 2011, 09:13:35 am
Not if it means selling the souls of the other tweve members. Texas does not want to be a member of anything. They want to run it. Do you actually think Alabama would stand for that. Texas has peed in their Post Toasties with rhe SEC, you can take that to the bank. The Pac 12 and Big Ten might take them, but Nebraska would try to exert some influence on that. Most of the rest are well aware of the sips by now.

I never said Slive would let Texas run the conference. Fact of the matter is, that in all of this conference expansion, Texas is who everyone wants. If they don't go independent, which I consider unlikely, then they'll have their pick of conference.

The Kig

Quote from: 56Hog on August 13, 2011, 03:34:24 am
Texas is going to "win" in the long run, making s ton of money eventually when they sell themselves to one of the superconferences.

But Texas is losing more than money can make up for.  With the SWC long dead and the B12 dying, Texas and ESPN's plan seems to have been to build their own superconference around the LHN and a gang of actual or quasi independents.  They had a window of opportunity to do this before Slive, Scott, and Delaney were ready to pull the superconference trigger.

Instead they spurred the big guys into moving ahead with disassembling the NCAA and starting the superconference era.  Tomorrow the SEC presidents will vot e to acept A&M (and who knows whom else) this will unleash Scott and the PAC on OU and eventually Delaney will get MU if Slive doesn't.  To recover its losses to the SEC the ACC will in turntake down the football side of the Big East and the scramble to the lifeboats will be underway.

Before they know it, Texas and ESPN will find that the only players left to build a superconference around will be Texas, BYU and the likes of TTech and KSU etc.  Texas will face the choice of superconference membership on SEC or PAC or B1G terms or life in the shadows with the superconferences shutting the Horns out with scheduling power.

ESPN's contract will be a dead weight forcing UT to give in and the Longhorns will eventually announce a "merger" with one of the superconferences but they and all the world will know it is a hostile takeover and the Texas brand will never command the same respect it has for the last century.

Please let it be true, please let it be true... <pinch> yes I am awake...
Poker Porker

Hogaliciousness

Texas created this situation by creating the big brother little brothers situation and by being greedy.  They will end up like Notre Dame just pimping themselves out.  The team that will be fun to watch flapping in the wind is OU.  They are idiots too, just held their cards a bit too long.

They would be much better off moving with TAM and collectively giving UT the finger.  UT would not want to be in the SEC because they would get their stuff knocked in the dirt - they can't play in a conference where they don't have guaranteed wins.
I am ready for some football!

HogNuttz

Ok, I'm naive.  Slive knows what Texas wants, and it (or anything close to it) is not coming in the form of an offer from the SEC.  Slive might give them an offer, but it's gonna be the same deal every school has and Texas doesn't want that.  Big 12 or Pac 12 maybe, but I kinda doubt they would give Texas an offer they like either.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Mike_e

While looking around I followed a link to the tu radiostation and heard them talking about rivalries.  One of the hosts asked if A&M would have any in the SEC and the other said that we would be one just like back in the day but it wouldn't be like the one that texas had with us.  He said that texas hated us.

Funny that this is just coming out now.  I guess they hated us so much they wouldn't even tell us.  ;)
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

tusksincolorado

I wonder when TEXAZZ will figure out that they are responsible for the downfall of 2 Major Conferences (SWC and Big 12)?

They are like the "Black Plague" of the NCAA!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

HangTenHog

I think Texas is starting to see the Karma payback. I watched the SWC games...we could/would often beat the horn; we just couldnt beat them AND the UT Zebras they had on their payroll.

Ark in the SWC was never a level playing field. The horns don't know any other way. I hope their league crumbles, cause they'll have to plar fair and square from now on.

Hawg_Fan_in_TX

One sports show in Dallas said that Oklahoma has to stay because their recruiting is done mostly in Texas.  Thoughts?

carlspackler

"If that's what our conference ends up looking like I may not be buying season tickets. I'll just watch the games on Longhorn network. The season ticket wouldn't be worth it for one good game at home a season. I hope we are smarter than that."

hahahaha I'm loving this

dawginar

Its odd how texas says aggy is 3rd best team in Big 12-2, but would be near the bottom of SEC.

This is an admission of how weak their conference is. They don't want to move because they will gain at least two or three strong teams and really don't want that competition.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

rnclittlerock

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 13, 2011, 05:58:36 am

honestly, we should take a moment to reflect on restricting you and root 66 and all of these other frank nostalgists to your own forum category and ban you from the others.

wildhogman

Quote from: rnclittlerock on August 13, 2011, 01:23:10 pm
honestly, we should take a moment to reflect on restricting you and root 66 and all of these other frank nostalgists to your own forum category and ban you from the others.
There are alot more then you think that are nostalgic about Broyles. he did alot of good for the UA. I am extremely dipleased over the Nutt deal, but 1 bad decision doesnt take away from what he accomplished.

Wildhog

Quote from: wildhogman on August 13, 2011, 03:42:59 pm
There are alot more then you think that are nostalgic about Broyles. he did alot of good for the UA. I am extremely dipleased over the Nutt deal, but 1 bad decision doesnt take away from what he accomplished.

This.  Frank Broyles has done more for this university than any other individual.  The lack of respect he gets on this board is absolutely disgusting.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

lumphog

BurleyHog

What is up with this crap?  It seems that some are still scared of Texas.

I have to completely disagree with you on this.  I really don't think Slive would take the Texas Nubs now.  Texas thinks their s**t still doesn't stink.  Everyone else is figuring out otherwise.  Texas has been doing this BS for years, and the so called littel guys are getting tired of it. 

Texas doesn't want to come play with the big boys because they know they can't win consistently.  They are digging a hole that is going to be hard to get out of, and I personally hope they bury themselves alive. 

Those of you that think in this day and time Texas can still do whatever they want,  you need to go start rooting for the other teams that are still to scared to get out of their shadow.  Here in the big boy league it is every man for himself, and personally I like it that way.

The ole Longpu**ies are fixing to get their balls cut off, and I can't wait to sit back and watch.  GO HOGS!

HamIAm

I think OU has shown before they can exist in a different conference and still have success off of Texas recruits. Of OU's 7 national titles, 6 came before Texas joined the Big12.

Quote from: Hawg_Fan_in_TX on August 13, 2011, 11:17:50 am
One sports show in Dallas said that Oklahoma has to stay because their recruiting is done mostly in Texas.  Thoughts?

Huds_HawgTide

Quote from: rnclittlerock on August 13, 2011, 01:23:10 pm
what an ass...for all the wrong broyles did he has done good us good at least threefold
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

RivercrestHog

Quote from: HogNuttz on August 13, 2011, 09:54:38 am
Ok, I'm naive.  Slive knows what Texas wants, and it (or anything close to it) is not coming in the form of an offer from the SEC.  Slive might give them an offer, but it's gonna be the same deal every school has and Texas doesn't want that.  Big 12 or Pac 12 maybe, but I kinda doubt they would give Texas an offer they like either.

Quote from: BurleyHog on August 13, 2011, 07:19:45 pm
What is up with this crap?  It seems that some are still scared of Texas.

I have to completely disagree with you on this.  I really don't think Slive would take the Texas Nubs now.  Texas thinks their s**t still doesn't stink.  Everyone else is figuring out otherwise.  Texas has been doing this BS for years, and the so called littel guys are getting tired of it. 

Texas doesn't want to come play with the big boys because they know they can't win consistently.  They are digging a hole that is going to be hard to get out of, and I personally hope they bury themselves alive. 

Those of you that think in this day and time Texas can still do whatever they want,  you need to go start rooting for the other teams that are still to scared to get out of their shadow.  Here in the big boy league it is every man for himself, and personally I like it that way.

The ole Longpu**ies are fixing to get their balls cut off, and I can't wait to sit back and watch.  GO HOGS!

I have never once said a) that Texas wants to be in the SEC, b) that Texas would get a special deal to join the SEC, c) that Texas would run this conference, nor d) that I am scared of Texas because I believe that Slive would extend them an offer. Those four things are the only things that any one of you have gotten out of my post.

The key to conference expansion is very simple. The more money a team can offer, the more attractive that team becomes. Out of all the teams that have been thrown around there are three big-time teams.

1a. Texas
1b. Notre Dame
2. Oklahoma

Oklahoma is a distant 2nd to those first 2 schools. Obviously Notre Dame does not fit geographically into the SEC. If they join a conference it will, most likely, be the Big Ten. I do not believe at all that Texas wants to join the SEC. However, if Texas wanted to join the SEC then Slive would not turn them down. They bring a lot of extra revenue, and the more money the SEC makes, the more money Slive makes.

DoubleJ

Texas ruins conferences so fast it just messes you up.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Wildhog on August 13, 2011, 03:56:56 pm
This.  Frank Broyles has done more for this university than any other individual.  The lack of respect he gets on this board is absolutely disgusting.

I am going to say that those who blast coach have never even met the man. He is one of the finest men you could ever ask to meet. His late wife, Barbara and kids Betsy, Linda,Hank,Jack, Tommy and Dan are fine people also. I would have to consider it an honor to have had the pleasure of knowing them over the last 46 years. He is an icon in Arkansas even though he is from Georgia.

Hoggish1

That's a sick group over there. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hawg_Fan_in_TX on August 13, 2011, 11:17:50 am

?  Do you mean to imply that if they leave, OU will be banned from recruiting in Texas? LMAO

whatsshakinbacon

Texas is about to find itself in a very tenuous situation.  They are actually going to have to share revenue to find good teams to join the Big XII and to keep any that are left from bolting.

In the end one of three things will happen.

1. Texas keeps all revenues from the LHN and goes independent.  Sorry Texas, you are not Notre Dame.  You cannot command the national following they have.  You will play mid-majors and maybe one or two decent teams a year.  Call Notre Dame and ask them how that's working for them.

2. Texas decides to share revenues to keep the Big XII intact and find old SWC teams (or similar caliber) to fill the voids.  This won't sit well for long because your mentality that "it's my money and I want it".  Problems will arise again in about 5 years as you refuse to share.

3. Texas decides to not share revenues, brings Houston in to replace aTm, and thinks this will keep the boat from sinking.  In about 3 years or less OU, OSU and Missouri bolt and you find yourself in a new conference with you and a bunch of ramoras who you beat regularly but the lack of good competition softens you and you fail to produce BCS results.

Despite my enthusiasm for all three of these prospects and the pain they will bring upon Longhorn nation, I cannot help but have some trepidation over the fact that good Texas talent that wants to play in the SEC need look no further than College Station instead of coming to Fayetteville.  We shall see how it plays out, but so long as Petrino is head coach I remain less concerned.  He has made us a program that recruits nationally.

Bacon out...

Hoggish1

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on August 13, 2011, 11:14:11 pm

Despite my enthusiasm for all three of these prospects and the pain they will bring upon Longhorn nation, I cannot help but have some trepidation over the fact that good Texas talent that wants to play in the SEC need look no further than College Station instead of coming to Fayetteville.  We shall see how it plays out, but so long as Petrino is head coach I remain less concerned.  He has made us a program that recruits nationally.

Bacon out...

Bacon, you answered your own question, saying BP recruits nationally.  We are not in the SWC anymore, so having aTm come to the SEC will make Aggie recruiting stronger in TX and weaken Texass recruiting, which won't be a bad thing for Arkansas.

However, overall I don't like aTm in the SEC because it will open TX HS talent to the general SEC schools more than ever.

Having said this, it might ultimately be worth it to see Texass screw itself when for so long they were the screwers.

I just wish BP had one more year under his belt before the big 10 (2) falls completely apart and teams start jumping ship.  If it becomes official with aTm, OU will very quickly stop dancing the Texass two step.

Grunt

August 13, 2011, 11:38:43 pm #43 Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:50:33 pm by Grunt
 "UT would not want to be in the SEC because they would get their stuff knocked in the dirt - they can't play in a conference where they don't have guaranteed wins."

Same goes for OU. Mostly poodles on their block and they want to keep it that way.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Drewhog

I would argue that Texas has a similar sized fan base to Notre Dame considering the contrasting success of the two programs of late, and also taking into account the fact that UT has a vastly larger alumni base than Notre Dame.  Also, with Texas having a population of over 25 million, there are many, many fans of that team that have never, nor will ever, have anything to do with te University of Texas.  It's the most prideful state in the union by a long shot, and UT is a symbol for the state, like it or not. 

Not every Catholic college football fan in the US is a Notre Dame supporter.  I guarantee you if you travel enough, you will see many more people wearing Texas apparel than Notre Dame apparel.  ND just doesn't have the same luster anymore, particularly with young people.  Remember, an entire generation of fans has seen them be also rans.

Anyway, TAMU will bring a lot to the table, IMO.  I'm more concerned about who comes with them at this point since it's all but a done deal for the Aggies.  I wouldn't mind a little revenge on UT as well.  Our programs have also done nearly complete 180s since we last met.

Sivad

Beauty killed the beast.............King Kong 1933.
Greed killed the Longhorns.......UT Network 2011.

Boarcephus

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on August 13, 2011, 11:14:11 pm
I cannot help but have some trepidation over the fact that good Texas talent that wants to play in the SEC need look no further than College Station instead of coming to Fayetteville.

Here's the rub.  How many recruits we sign say, "this is a chance to play in the SEC" and that has to be a heck of a recruiting advantage.  Bringing A&M in could hurt our recruiting in TX at a time we're on the rise.  I'd just as soon keep it at 12 like we have it because bigger is not always better. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PHAHog357

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 14, 2011, 06:06:39 am
Here's the rub.  How many recruits we sign say, "this is a chance to play in the SEC" and that has to be a heck of a recruiting advantage.  Bringing A&M in could hurt our recruiting in TX at a time we're on the rise.  I'd just as soon keep it at 12 like we have it because bigger is not always better.

Let's be honest aTm doesn't need the SEC to recruiter well. They get talent but coaching is a different story. I can think of maybe one recruit that we've beaten the aggies for and I don't know it they offered Cam Feldt. But who have we taken away from aTm?
Ninohog never forgotten