Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A thread from our future

Started by jdevers, July 17, 2010, 02:45:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

Oh, you did not.

I am NOT responsible for this war!!

PS: good find.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

NeverYield

Thanks for the link.  I've gotta say, I'd like to keep two games in LR every year.  Only in a new stadium!  The Old Gray Lady looks 10 times better than WMS and their doing away with it. When are the folks in charge of this gonna get some sense???  .....Oh wait, more GSD???  ::)
"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant

FaytownHog

I never thought I'd say this, but the tide fans are actually pretty civil about doing away with it, more so than we would/will be with WMS.

Burt B.

Best reach around to start the GSD I have ever seen.    :)

jdevers

The truth though is Legion Field isn't SAFE, regardless of how it still looks like a decent stadium.  The difference between Legion Field and BDS is FAR greater than the difference between WMS and RRS.  I just liked reading the arguments for keeping their games there until they moved them all to BDS were so similar to why we play in LR.

Michael Porkleone

July 17, 2010, 05:29:46 pm #6 Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 06:54:41 pm by Michael Porkleone
The debate in Arkansas will never be as civil as it is in Alabama. 

They have two marquee football teams, we have one.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

jdevers

Quote from: Michael Porkleone on July 17, 2010, 05:29:46 pm
The debate in Arkansas will never be as civil as it is in Alabama. 

They have two marduee football teams, we have one.

Legion Field was never about Auburn football (unless you count Bryant killing them there many times) and while I'm sure there are some Auburn fans in Bham, it is a Crimson Tide town.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: jdevers on July 17, 2010, 06:08:51 pm
Legion Field was never about Auburn football (unless you count Bryant killing them there many times) and while I'm sure there are some Auburn fans in Bham, it is a Crimson Tide town.

yep.

nothing I said contradicts this. 
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?