Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RB draft preview: After McFadden, no need to rush to get back---CBS Sportsline

Started by Hogginitall, April 17, 2008, 02:11:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogginitall

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10784395

Quote"All they do is run and maybe block some," the scout said. "It's not really that hard a position to learn. They've been running their whole lives. They take the ball and go."

Has some good things to say about McFadden.  But, also mentions that most scouts think Adrian Peterson is a cut above McFadden.

eminem

F&*K That!  This is where I quit reading

"Aside from the off-the-field issues, which include two incidents outside nightclubs, McFadden bashers also say he's not a player who will run tough inside the tackles. He played a lot in a spread offense for the Razorbacks. A grinder he is not."

Do you even know who McFadden is?? :puke:

arkansasmaniac

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 17, 2008, 02:11:21 pm
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10784395

Has some good things to say about McFadden.  But, also mentions that most scouts think Adrian Peterson is a cut above McFadden.

CBSSporstline sucks.  I read the Indiana v. Arkansas NCAA tournament matchup and they had a picture of someone who they said was Sonny Weems and it was AL HORFORD.
I mean, come on.  That guy doesn't even play college basketball this year. It's just terrible.
Oh, if you were wondering, we emailed the guy that wrote the article and the picture was changed about 4 hours later.

Hogginitall

Quote from: eminem on April 17, 2008, 03:10:26 pm

"Aside from the off-the-field issues, which include two incidents outside nightclubs, McFadden bashers also say he's not a player who will run tough inside the tackles. He played a lot in a spread offense for the Razorbacks. A grinder he is not."

Yeah, I can't understand why the "analysts" keep saying that he can't run between the tackles, or that he is a "Reggie Bush-type running back".  Seems to me that he is anything but...

He almost seeks out contact too often, when he should run around guys.

I guess they were watching different games than I was watching.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

He stiff armed a couple of Bama linebackers into the next weeks game.

During his Soph year, ESPN did a special on DMac's stiff arm and how it was hard to tackle him.  Does anyone remember that?  Yeah.  Soft runner.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that because he bounced it outside so often for those big runs, that the "experts" believe that is what he's about, not realizing that he also had a lot of 3 - 5 yard runs where he was hit at the LOS, and bulled his way forward for those few yards.  He also ran over a lot of guys just beyond the LOS and then bounced it to the sidelines to give himself the best chance at a long run.

With DMac's speed, getting himself into space to use it was always the best option for a TD.  Now, these "experts" see that as running soft, or not having good cutting ability.

I guess they have to knock on him for something.  This is apparently it.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Gas Can

Quote from: eminem on April 17, 2008, 03:10:26 pm

???
We did not run the spread offense because everyone knows it will not work in the SEC.

jacksonhawg

About the only time Darren bounced it outside was after he ran between the tackles and outran everyone but the safety, THEN he bounced it outside.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 17, 2008, 03:29:40 pm
Yeah, I can't understand why the "analysts" keep saying that he can't run between the tackles, or that he is a "Reggie Bush-type running back".  Seems to me that he is anything but...

He almost seeks out contact too often, when he should run around guys.

I guess they were watching different games than I was watching.

Or the run against LSU last year in WMS for 80... that was a run to the outside as well.  Oh wait, no it wasn't.

HoggyWayne

josh_sec33

Spread offense = Between the tackles?

Wow....no wonder I was so confused with everything last year.

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

89ALUM

Half of these so called "experts" are nothing more than a few weenies who won a fantasy football league a few years ago and now think they can run a draft better than an NFL GM. 

The people who run professional football teams for a living are certainly aware that DMac not only runs between the tackles, but is indeed a physical runner. 

I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she