Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is Big Jim Saying ?

Started by HogHillbilly, January 16, 2007, 09:25:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogHillbilly

Somebody that knows....................What is he saying now.....................Is he still backing JFB and HDN ?
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

hognelson

Inquiring minds want to know.  :(

hognelson

Quote from: hogapalooza on January 16, 2007, 09:30:27 am
It depends on who he is talking to....  Lets just say he is in the middle looking both ways.
Isn't that where you get ran over?

HogHillbilly

Quote from: hogapalooza on January 16, 2007, 09:30:27 am
It depends on who he is talking to....  Lets just say he is in the middle looking both ways.

And that is the problem..............Gus had no one to help him................He was doomed from the get go............

Shoe Strings

I understand that he's upset at HDN, and has been for several weeks.  That's fairly common knowledge.  I doubt, though, that he's too upset with JFB, because that was his coach and they have a very unique relationship because of that.

I do know, however, that other BOT members are watching this entire episode very closely.  I wouldn't be surpirised, if more bad things occur (like more transfers) that the BOT will start having serious conversation, which has to begin before any action can take place.

Big Papa Satan

Lindsey needs to go as badly as Frank and Nutt do.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: Shoe Strings on January 16, 2007, 09:32:20 am
I understand that he's upset at HDN, and has been for several weeks.  That's fairly common knowledge.  I doubt, though, that he's too upset with JFB, because that was his coach and they have a very unique relationship because of that.

I do know, however, that other BOT members are watching this entire episode very closely.  I wouldn't be surpirised, if more bad things occur (like more transfers) that the BOT will start having serious conversation, which has to begin before any action can take place.

Looking at some of the people on the BOT....................We are screwed

aristotle

Quote from: Uncle Ivan™ on January 16, 2007, 09:32:39 am
Lindsey needs to go as badly as Frank and Nutt do.

I have to agree. We would not be in this situation now if it were not for Big Jim. He may not have created this drama BS, but he vouched for Frank and was loud in his support for Houston from the beginning. You reap what you sow, and the lies are coming back to bite all the JFB/HDN supporters.

allyoucaneatbuffet

How else did LIndsey "acquire" the land in north fayetteville that just "happened" to become the Northwest Arkansas Mall, making Lindsey filthy rich long before his cracker-box apartment deals?  An ex-hog player in his 20s-turned-real-estate-mogul overnight?

Not illegal, i'm just saying Big Jim lindsey owes his FORTUNE and BUSINESS to the connections and strings pulled and favors done FOR HIM by COACH FRANK BROYLES....  Jim would never turn his back on the Coach that made Jim the $ucce$$ that he i$ today.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: hogapalooza on January 16, 2007, 09:42:21 am
Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on January 16, 2007, 09:34:54 am

How else did LIndsey "acquire" the land in north fayetteville that just "happened" to become the Northwest Arkansas Mall, making Lindsey filthy rich long before his cracker-box apartment deals?  An ex-hog player in his 20s-turned-real-estate-mogul overnight?

Not illegal, i'm just saying Big Jim lindsey owes his FORTUNE and BUSINESS to the connections and strings pulled and favors done FOR HIM by COACH FRANK BROYLES....  Jim would never turn his back on the Coach that made Jim the $ucce$$ that he i$ today.

Not so fast my friend.  If Jim wants what JFB has got, he might see the only way of getting it is to get rid of JFB. 

Then we are dead as a Football and Basketball program....................Nutt will be here FOREVER if Big Jim takes over

allyoucaneatbuffet

Not so fast my friend.  If Jim wants what JFB has got, he might see the only way of getting it is to get rid of JFB. 

You think he wants to be AD?

He's on the trustees until 2009

James E. Lindsey, Vice - Chairman
Fayetteville, AR
Term ends 3-1-09
http://www.uasys.edu/boardtrust.htm

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on January 16, 2007, 09:47:50 am

Fayetteville, AR
Term ends 3-1-09

Hey the next Board of Trustees meeting is next Thursday, January 25 at UAMS in Little Rock ;)

http://www.uasys.edu/boardmeetings.htm

SteelShot

Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on January 16, 2007, 09:47:50 am

Fayetteville, AR
Term ends 3-1-09

If anyone thinks that Broyles will be fired, Lindsey will be your next AD.  You can put that down as fact.  However, Lindsey will not turn on Broyles. 
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

Gushugger

I understand that he's upset at HDN, and has been for several weeks.  That's fairly common knowledge.  I doubt, though, that he's too upset with JFB, because that was his coach and they have a very unique relationship because of that.

Dude, that's a stupid post.  IF you don't know how it happened then why would you just make something up in your head and assume that it must have happened that way?  Geez.

TheHawgFan

Why would you call anybody that had no gonads Big Jim?
!

razornole

I'd like for him to pull a Jimmy Swaggert apology, course the DTS and Sportscrap would spin it
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: Gushugger on January 16, 2007, 09:51:51 am
I understand that he's upset at HDN, and has been for several weeks.  That's fairly common knowledge.  I doubt, though, that he's too upset with JFB, because that was his coach and they have a very unique relationship because of that.

Dude, that's a stupid post.  IF you don't know how it happened then why would you just make something up in your head and assume that it must have happened that way?  Geez.

you're kidding right?

the scare quotes around 'happened' imply that I actually DO know how it happened...

sheesh.

Swino

What Big Jim says depends entirely on who he is talking to.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: Swino on January 16, 2007, 10:10:30 am

You're right...............I was just hoping for a little flicker of good news out of all this

2ndsyndicate

Quote from: Swino on January 16, 2007, 10:10:30 am
you're absolutely right...the man is scandalous...

TransAmHawg

Same ol'fleas on the same ol' dog. In the words of that great American  Ron White, "You can't fix stupid." Next question?
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

ToddW

Quote from: TransAmHawg on January 16, 2007, 11:45:11 am
Same ol'fleas on the same ol' dog. In the words of that great American  Ron White, "You can't fix stupid." Next question?

That phrase sums up the entire problem with the razorbacks.  We can't fix stupid!
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

elkhog

So Frank's hiding Jim's dirty laundry and in return Jim will protect Frank's position at all costs.  Are the rest of the BOT bought and paid for by Jim?
GO HOGS!!!

Swynler Durden

Quote from: elkhog on January 16, 2007, 12:50:26 pm
So Frank's hiding Jim's dirty laundry and in return Jim will protect Frank's position at all costs.  Are the rest of the BOT bought and paid for by Jim?
Think about it. JFB has been around since the Earth cooled and has got something on just about everybody. Anyone that has ever done anything they regret is going to back down even if they're not sure if JFB knows about it or not. It simply isn't worth the risk. He's made it clear for years that he wouldn't hesitate to go down swinging.

Bvilleboar

It is not his position on the BOT that gives him the power.  It his the money he gives to the program that gives him the power to make things happen.
2012 the year of the HOGS

kgr

Get ready - Big Jim Lindsey is promoting leaving the SEC to the Board of Trustees.

He says he "does'nt think we (his butt-boy Nutt) can win in the SEC.

Using our poor recruiting under Nutt as the proof.

Swynler Durden

Quote from: kgr on January 16, 2007, 01:05:51 pm
Get ready - Big Jim Lindsey is promoting leaving the SEC to the Board of Trustees.

Great. If there is any truth to this, I'm sure we'll look great limping out of the SEC with our tail tucked between our legs.

Pissed Pig

This would be the mother of all Frick-ups!

I bet Butch Davis could recruit and win!

elkhog

OMG!  :puke:

I hope your joking. 
GO HOGS!!!

aristotle

I'm sure the "experts" from Vandy and Kentucky told Jim and Frank that Arkansas couldn't win in the SEC. They then suggested we focus on academics like them, but Frank didn't know what they were talking about. Neither did Jim.

Swynler Durden

Wasn't it John Thompson who, after leaving the U of A, said something to the effect of, "They just don't do things right (in Fayetteville)"? If so, truer words have rarely been spoken.

HogHillbilly

If they are hell bent on keeping Nutt...................We should go to the Big 12................We can not win a SECCG with Nutt driving

HawgPilot

Quote from: HogHillbilly on January 16, 2007, 03:32:57 pm

If they are hell bent on keeping Nutt...................We should go to the Big 12................We can not win a SECCG with Nutt driving

Agreed.  :puke:

dirthog

if they go to the big12 i will never come back not even if pete carroll was the coach
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

dirtydoghog

Quote from: Swynler Durden on January 16, 2007, 02:17:51 pm
Wasn't it John Thompson who, after leaving the U of A, said something to the effect of, "They just don't do things right (in Fayetteville)"? If so, truer words have rarely been spoken.

HAHA   Yes, John did say that and then went on to get fired from his next two jobs.  Perhaps he was right but maybe he should buy a mirror, Spurrer certainly was not fond of John after he hired him and did not even allow him to finish the season.........