Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Funny Story About HDN

Started by PMCANALLY, January 16, 2007, 12:05:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PMCANALLY

Great Story from a Good Friend:

The other day at the Fayetteville Athletic Club coach Nutt was in the locker room. If any of you guys are familiar with FAC, then you know a young man by the name of Ryan that works there. I went to junior high and then HS with this fellow. He is mentally challenged but is by far the hardest worker I've ever met. He has a good sense of humor and does his best at everything and never means any harm. While HDN was sitting down changing clothes after his workout, Ryan goes up to him, starts pointing at him, and gets in his face yelling "you need to bench that Dick guy!! he's the reason we lost!! Mustain is my friend!!" and he just kept letting HDN have it. HDN's eyes lit up and was speechless. My friend said "I've never seen anybody so embarrassed in my life" referring to HDN. I'm glad somebody has the balls to get in his face!!!
Keep lett 'em have it Ryan a.k.a Rhino!!!!!!!!
TeamTaylor--- u wanna fut wit me?

WPS!

RazorRaider

Quote from: PMCANALLY on January 16, 2007, 12:05:54 pm

The other day at the Fayetteville Athletic Club coach Nutt was in the locker room. If any of you guys are familiar with FAC, then you know a young man by the name of Ryan that works there. I went to junior high and then HS with this fellow. He is mentally challenged but is by far the hardest worker I've ever met. He has a good sense of humor and does his best at everything and never means any harm. While HDN was sitting down changing clothes after his workout, Ryan goes up to him, starts pointing at him, and gets in his face yelling "you need to bench that Dick guy!! he's the reason we lost!! Mustain is my friend!!" and he just kept letting HDN have it. HDN's eyes lit up and was speechless. My friend said "I've never seen anybody so embarrassed in my life" referring to HDN. I'm glad somebody has the balls to get in his face!!!

That is funny. I wonder what ol Dale would do if a line formed infront of him with people wanting to get deep in his ass about his lousy job of coaching.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Swynler Durden

Any one else here ever played bkb with HDN up at FAC? I lost all respect I had left for him there a couple years back.

DeltaBoy

ROFL  God Bless that young man for SLAPPING NUTTS !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

spudhog

that's awesome. didn't know hdn had to work to keep up that physique.

PMCANALLY

Quote from: Swynler Durden on January 16, 2007, 12:08:10 pm
Any one else here ever played bkb with HDN up at FAC? I lost all respect I had left for him there a couple years back.

Never played with him but watched him and have actually heard stories about him playing. He hogs the ball(no pun intended), he's cocky, and will attempt to block anybody's shot regardless of their age!!

WPS!

LSPRazorbac

"you need to bench that Dick guy!! he's the reason we lost!! Mustain is my friend!!"

With such an intelligent argument, I'm surprised HDN didn't hire him as the new OC on the spot.  And what does "Mustain is my friend" have anything to do with it.

I'm sorry for my sarcasm.  And kudos to the kid for telling HDN that to his face.  But with the quotes you supplied, all I could picture was a hick kid telling HDN "Mustain is my friend" with a thick southern accent.

Note: I too am a big hick, and routinely poked fun at because of my accent by people in Louisiana.

Swynler Durden

Quote from: PMCANALLY on January 16, 2007, 12:12:49 pm

Never played with him but watched him and have actually heard stories about him playing. He hogs the ball(no pun intended), he's cocky, and will attempt to block anybody's shot regardless of their age!!
I used to like the guy but after a few pick-up games against him I lost any and all respect I had for him. The guy will try to blindside you with a pick but when you put his @$$ on the floor with one it's a whole different story. He doesn't like that very much. If and when he finally does leave I will publicly share a couple of stories that will surprise quite a few people.

PMCANALLY

January 16, 2007, 12:18:02 pm #9 Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 12:23:42 pm by PMCANALLY
Quote from: LSPRazorbac on January 16, 2007, 12:16:07 pm
"you need to bench that Dick guy!! he's the reason we lost!! Mustain is my friend!!"

With such an intelligent argument, I'm surprised HDN didn't hire him as the new OC on the spot.  And what does "Mustain is my friend" have anything to do with it.

I'm sorry for my sarcasm.  And kudos to the kid for telling HDN that to his face.  But with the quotes you supplied, all I could picture was a hick kid telling HDN "Mustain is my friend" with a thick southern accent.

Note: I too am a big hick, and routinely poked fun at because of my accent by people in Louisiana.

did you not read the part about that 'hick guy' being mentally challenged?? Could explain some of it..

WPS!

hog_fan

You need to learn to read.

razornole

Why wait to tell?  That is no different than the *spit* media giving him a pass.
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

KinkosHog

My brother's friend almost had to whip Dale's ass for grabbing a hold of him everytime he drove to the basket.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

That is an awesome story.  I know the Ryan kid you are talking about.  He was the Bulldog's mascot at Springdale and graduated I think in the same class as those guys.  He really is one of the classiest kids you'll ever meet.  His passion for life is incredible.

Swynler Durden

Quote from: razornole on January 16, 2007, 12:21:03 pm
Why wait to tell?  That is no different than the *spit* media giving him a pass.
Because it will do no good. Huggers will accuse me of making things up or exaggerating (even though I was one of 20 to witness it) and everyone else will say something like, "doesn't surprise me" or "yeah I heard about him doing something like that once too". All pointless. I have shared a couple of stories via pm before but I won't tell them publicly until he's gone, you know how our opinions of people change after they leave. Just like the whole "I like Houston and if some players don't want to be Razorbacks then fine, we don't want you here either" nevermind our beloved head Hog transferred because of lack of playing time or some of our favorite players leave early for the draft, did they not want to be razorbacks anymore? Are we willing to forsake Ken Hamlin because he would rather have been a Seahawk than be a Razorback for another season?

HawgAdvocate

Dude, stop slamming, slang some Motorola, and get back out front where Dustin wants ya. Haha
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Swynler Durden

Quote from: KinkosHog on January 16, 2007, 12:22:26 pm
My brother's friend almost had to whip Dale's ass for grabbing a hold of him everytime he drove to the basket.
He's almost had his @$$ beaten several times there and for numerous reasons. He eventually learned that his status as head coach didn't give him carte blanche on the court.

tupunter

as far as your bkb stories go...some family friends of ours were at okla. state the same time nutt was and they have often referred to the way he would act while they were playing...saying he was the worst egotistical ass they have ever met...i was told a story of when HN popped off to a guy during a pick up and he got the you know what beat out of him.

Swynler Durden

Quote from: tupunter on January 16, 2007, 12:35:32 pm
as far as your bkb stories go...some family friends of ours were at okla. state the same time nutt was and they have often referred to the way he would act while they were playing...saying he was the worst egotistical ass they have ever met...i was told a story of when HN popped off to a guy during a pick up and he got the you know what beat out of him.
All you really have to do is look at the poster from back when he was on the roster. There is one at powerhouse in Fayetteville. It is on the wall in the hallway connecting the restaurant to the bar in back. About halfway down across from the men's room. His posture and demeanor in that one picture pretty much tell you all you need to know. Aside from that just play against him at FAC sometime. You notice that nobody that's played with him there is chiming in to his defense? There's a good reason for that.

BILLYBOB

That is a great story.  I know Ryan pretty well and one thing about him, he doesn't have any hang ups with talking to anybody, regardless of their position in life.  I've seen him talk to J.B. Hunt (God rest his soul he was always nice as hell to Ryan), to some pretty bigtime lawyers, and ex-Razorbacks.  He has a great outlook on life.  I would've given anything to hear him read HDN the riot act...that must have been hilarious.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

T-Bag Hawg

Quote from: abostian on January 16, 2007, 12:30:50 pm
That is an awesome story.  I know the Ryan kid you are talking about.  He was the Bulldog's mascot at Springdale and graduated I think in the same class as those guys.  He really is one of the classiest kids you'll ever meet.  His passion for life is incredible.

Can't the kid bench press a truck?  I heard he is really strong.
It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

therealdecoy

I'm not buying that bulls**t story... Ryan would never treat anyone that way.  Anyone that knows Ryan knows he would never disrespect anyone - even if they needed it.  I can't believe you would use a good kid like Ryan to suppport your uncontrollable hate of HN.

PMCANALLY

Quote from: T-Bag Hawg on January 16, 2007, 12:51:39 pm

Can't the kid bench press a truck?  I heard he is really strong.

Wrong kid. From FHS.

He might be strong but probably not a truck :)

WPS!

Hawg_Heaven

Your an @ss! Maybe you should try reading before posting!

Swynler Durden

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on January 16, 2007, 12:59:38 pm

Your an @ss! Maybe you should try reading before posting!
Reading comprehension often gets checked at the door. It's unfortunate but true.

PMCANALLY

January 16, 2007, 01:02:30 pm #25 Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 01:05:38 pm by PMCANALLY
Quote from: therealdecoy on January 16, 2007, 12:53:56 pm
I'm not buying that bulls**t story... Ryan would never treat anyone that way.  Anyone that knows Ryan knows he would never disrespect anyone - even if they needed it.  I can't believe you would use a good kid like Ryan to suppport your uncontrollable hate of HN.

Obviously youre bullsh*t. Don't try and call me out when you don't know the story. If you do, I'm at the gym plenty of times during the week and you know my name. Patrick McAnally. Come find me, we'll find Ryan, and we'll settle the situation.

Ryan obviously wasn't saying this out of hate. If you knew Ryan, he likes to repeat things he's heard from around the lockeroom whether he knows what he's talking about or not. Like I mentioned in the post, he never means any harm.

WPS!

ray serbach

Pretty stupid thing to do...IMO

PMCANALLY

Quote from: ray serbach on January 16, 2007, 01:12:23 pm
Pretty stupid thing to do...IMO

sorry ray

WPS!

razornole

Quote from: Swynler Durden on January 16, 2007, 12:31:36 pm
Because it will do no good. Huggers will accuse me of making things up or exaggerating (even though I was one of 20 to witness it) and everyone else will say something like, "doesn't surprise me" or "yeah I heard about him doing something like that once too". All pointless. I have shared a couple of stories via pm before but I won't tell them publicly until he's gone, you know how our opinions of people change after they leave. Just like the whole "I like Houston and if some players don't want to be Razorbacks then fine, we don't want you here either" nevermind our beloved head Hog transferred because of lack of playing time or some of our favorite players leave early for the draft, did they not want to be razorbacks anymore? Are we willing to forsake Ken Hamlin because he would rather have been a Seahawk than be a Razorback for another season?

*spit* if nobody fires the shot, he never gets hit.

If is he such a *rick why doesn't somebody clean his clock?  Frankly, I'm surprised he still is seen in public.

mtpockets

Quote from: PMCANALLY on January 16, 2007, 01:02:30 pm
I'm not buying that bulls**t story... Ryan would never treat anyone that way.  Anyone that knows Ryan knows he would never disrespect anyone - even if they needed it.  I can't believe you would use a good kid like Ryan to suppport your uncontrollable hate of HN.

Obviously youre bullsh*t. Don't try and call me out when you don't know the story. If you do, I'm at the gym plenty of times during the week and you know my name. Patrick McAnally. Come find me, we'll find Ryan, and we'll settle the situation.

Ryan obviously wasn't saying this out of hate. If you knew Ryan, he likes to repeat things he's heard from around the lockeroom whether he knows what he's talking about or not. Like I mentioned in the post, he never means any harm.

Well therealdecoy,  Patrick put his name and rep out there.  What about you?

Swynler Durden

Quote from: razornole on January 16, 2007, 01:18:54 pm

If is he such a *rick why doesn't somebody clean his clock?  Frankly, I'm surprised he still is seen in public.
He is. Believe me. However, spontaneous bare-knuckle boxing matches aren't exactly "encouraged" at FAC. Actual fights are few and far between.

YepItsMe

I feel sorry for the kid though.  I hope he didn't get in trouble because you know HDN ran crying to the Manager and said that boy is picking on me! 

Oliverhogman

Maybe Ryan can ask him this next time he is in the dressing room.

"Coach Nutt where does Otis put his lips"

razornole

Quote from: Swynler Durden on January 16, 2007, 01:26:13 pm
Quote from: razornole on January 16, 2007, 01:18:54 pm

He is. Believe me. However, spontaneous bare-knuckle boxing matches aren't exactly "encouraged" at FAC. Actual fights are few and far between.

I know I know but hell you'd think he might try and get a rebound and catch an elbow

Hoggingit

Still laughing after reading this post....

Melhog

Quote from: Swynler Durden on January 16, 2007, 12:17:45 pm
Quote from: PMCANALLY on January 16, 2007, 12:12:49 pm

I used to like the guy but after a few pick-up games against him I lost any and all respect I had for him. The guy will try to blindside you with a pick but when you put his @$$ on the floor with one it's a whole different story. He doesn't like that very much. If and when he finally does leave I will publicly share a couple of stories that will surprise quite a few people.

C'mon Swynler. You told me in a PM a long time ago. Share it with the rest of the gang.  This guy needs to be exposed and dog piled on. Now is as good a time as any.

BILLYBOB

You don't know Ryan.  He wouldn't have said what he said to be hurtful or disrespectful.  The fact is, Ryan just says what is on his mind.  He blurts stuff out all the time without considering the implications.  I think it may be part of his handi-cap...but I don't know that for sure.

Honestly, HDN probably thought it was funny. (Then again, maybe he didn't)
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

therealdecoy

Here is the bottom line.  Ryan is a great kid.  Everyone that steps foot in FAC should be inspired by him.  If Ryan and HN did have an exchange, I'll bet it wasn't even close to the way PM recounted and used the story to support his hate-mongering.  That's what I'm callin BS on.  I'm certain Ryan would be embarrassed if he knew that the story is being used on this board.  For that reason, I would never bring it up to him and risk embarrassing him.  PM you shouldn't have either.

YepItsMe

Therealdecoy you nutt hugger by constantly saying his hate-mondering.  SEriously just shut up about this topic.  I know exactly who they are talking about to.  I could see him doing something like this.  He didn't mean it out of disrespect I'm sure he was just qouting what someone said to him.  Thats it.  Until you know more on the story and find out for yourself what happened I find it hard for you to come on here and start calling BS on something.

PMCANALLY

January 16, 2007, 03:13:08 pm #39 Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 03:14:58 pm by PMCANALLY
Quote from: therealdecoy on January 16, 2007, 02:51:25 pm
Here is the bottom line.  Ryan is a great kid.  Everyone that steps foot in FAC should be inspired by him.  If Ryan and HN did have an exchange, I'll bet it wasn't even close to the way PM recounted and used the story to support his hate-mongering.  That's what I'm callin BS on.  I'm certain Ryan would be embarrassed if he knew that the story is being used on this board.  For that reason, I would never bring it up to him and risk embarrassing him.  PM you shouldn't have either.

Bottom line: therealdecoy is a joke.

I never once said he wasn't a great kid. Everyone that does step foot in FAC is inspired by him. Ryan and HDN did have an exchange and you can bet it was exactly how it was recounted. If you had gone to school with Ryan for 6 years like I did and have known him for a total of 11 or so years, like BILLYBOB for instance, you can see him 100% saying this. He wouldn't be embarrassed if you brought it up. Any attention Ryan receives would be a positive thing in his life. That is just Rhino. Like I said earlier, you have my name and you know where to find me and Ryan. Until you approach me to prove me wrong, get off my thread.

WPS!

hogfankb

If you have ever seen or played against Houston you know this one.

"Hands!"

Sorry that is a little running joke between friends of mine after I played several pickup games against him at FAC.

Hogvious

Nolan was right.

bwbcpa

I don't know anyone at FAC nor the kid you're talking about, but I raised a mentally handicapped child and I can tell you one thing they are that seems to be a common trait - they are honest; brutally honest to a fault and extremely loyal to their friends. Kudos to Ryan!