Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danny West just tweeted about Bohannon...

Started by porque, December 19, 2017, 02:59:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip Seaton

Quote from: liljo on December 19, 2017, 03:19:36 pm
Who knows what moves a kid to do what he does? Maybe Baylor sashayed in a cute lil babe from the volleyball team.

Of all towns, though. Waco, Texas.

Due to an incident there a couple of years ago, I've been trying to organize a motorcycle rally that would be held on an annual basis. Unlike Sturgis, and Daytona Bike Week, and Bikes-Blues-and BarBQ (held in Fayetteville every year)--rallies that have set locations year after year-- this rally would move to a different location every year. It would be called the Annual Anywhere But Waco Rally.

Anyway, good luck, Bohanon. Sorry, man, I'm not into the whole "G-Bo" name thingie. Try to hit a book or two while your there, okay? Because, it appears to me, you DEFINITELY need a better education.

BAYLOR?!?!?!?

Well Baylor has a history of letting players have their way with students. Maybe? Maybe? Okay, I kid ... I kid ...

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Wooderson on December 19, 2017, 03:20:07 pm
Even if true that being released is nothing but an attempt to make a kid look bad and take heat off the staff.
So you're saying that IF true the staff did so to make him look bad? Sorry, but IF true he didn't need an ounce of help. He did it to himself. However, I also realize that doesn't fit in neatly with your obvious anti-CCM narrative.

greenie

I don't get the big deal here.  I'm sure most recruits look to see how bad particular teams need someone at their position.  If GB thought that there was tons of competition already at Arkansas, and that's important to him, so be it.  I see it as a good thing, that we are so deep at this critical position.  You could argue that we don't have many that seem to fit Morris' style, but that's another argument.

If that was a major point in GB's decision, why shouldn't Danny report it?

Now, if there ends up being a bunch of morons making "fraidy cat" posts on GB's twitter, then they should have their heads examined.

Time to move on.  We've got bigger fish to fry.

greenie

Quote from: Wooderson on December 19, 2017, 03:20:07 pm
Even if true that being released is nothing but an attempt to make a kid look bad and take heat off the staff.

This doesn't make the kid look bad...just maybe a little weak.  All recruits weigh the position competition at schools.
I guess you'd rather hide the truth, just so your anti-CCM agenda doesn't take a hit?
BTW, Petrino's not coming back.

SooieGeneris

There has been a big deal made of that tweet already, but West tweeted since then to clarify:

Danny West‏
@DannyWest1
1h1 hour ago
More
Danny West Retweeted Eric Sullivan
Jumped on to clean up some of the GB stuff. He didn't outright request #Hogs to drop Noland. Sorry if that was misinterpreted. He did make it very clear he wanted to be the only QB, though, and obviously #Arkansas wasn't gonna drop Noland to make that happen. #HawgSports
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Pork Ranger on December 19, 2017, 03:00:36 pm
Wow. Never seen a kid so afraid of competition. Don't need that here at UA

Absolutely not.  Good luck with his career...

razorpimp

Good luck GB....as others have stated another Arkansas kid, going to another state that will be forgotten.....Arkansas kid goes to UofA, wins, instant jobs, fame, and life is set even without the NFL

rabidrazorbacks

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 19, 2017, 04:48:08 pm
There has been a big deal made of that tweet already, but West tweeted since then to clarify:

Danny West‏
@DannyWest1
1h1 hour ago
More
Jumped on to clean up some of the GB stuff. He didn't outright request #Hogs to drop Noland. Sorry if that was misinterpreted. He did make it very clear he wanted to be the only QB, though, and obviously #Arkansas wasn't gonna drop Noland to make that happen. #HawgSports

I don't really care either way. Kid can do what he wants but to me it's basically saying the same thing.

This class was never going to be rated high because too few available scholarships available based on the way they rank teams. I wasn't a fan of the Morris hire but I'm not going to judge him based on this year's class. 2019 class will tell more of a story for me personally.

N HOG

Can't feel too sorry for him either way after the HAT FAKE on his state university.

jcharkansas

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 19, 2017, 03:17:07 pm
And I'm saying I don't doubt he didn't want competition.  There have been plenty of clues suggesting that.  I agree it's not a good sign for him.  But this sort of stuff always seems to come out by UA mouthpieces who want to provide justification for the UA losing out on a recruit.  And the mouthpieces likely don't have this info if it's not leaked to them by the staff.  And we just eat it up, because it just reinforces the fan's belief that the UA is alway gooooood and the recruit always baaaaaaad.
I'm not saying g this is true or not but what did they say about Flanagan?

B Ray

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 19, 2017, 04:48:08 pm

Danny West‏
@DannyWest1
1h1 hour ago
More
Semantics ....

Razorback Pastor

Quote from: N HOG on December 19, 2017, 05:03:44 pm
Can't feel too sorry for him either way after the HAT FAKE on his state university.

Yeah, the hat fake was insulting. Or at least it felt that way to me.

Bubba's Bruisers

The hat thing was totally in poor taste.  A bit of a middle finger to us. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

elksnort

Quote from: razorpimp on December 19, 2017, 04:59:50 pm
Good luck GB....as others have stated another Arkansas kid, going to another state that will be forgotten.....Arkansas kid goes to UofA, wins, instant jobs, fame, and life is set even without the NFL
Yep..Wish I had this kind of job network.

Styflin

Quote from: Wooderson on December 19, 2017, 03:29:36 pm
Are you serious Clark?  A kid deserves to be ripped apart by fans because he didn't want any other recruits at his position?  There will be some vile hatred spewed towards him over this being leaked by grown men. That's ok? 

Cry much?

JaketheSnake

West's original tweet wasn't misinterpreted.  It was far too direct.  He's trying to do some damage control. 

If he did a hat fake with a hog hat, then I'd be happy if he has a career riding pine.

RideTillIDieHawg

Quote from: liljo on December 19, 2017, 03:19:36 pm
Who knows what moves a kid to do what he does? Maybe Baylor sashayed in a cute lil babe from the volleyball team.

Of all towns, though. Waco, Texas.

Due to an incident there a couple of years ago, I've been trying to organize a motorcycle rally that would be held on an annual basis. Unlike Sturgis, and Daytona Bike Week, and Bikes-Blues-and BarBQ (held in Fayetteville every year)--rallies that have set locations year after year-- this rally would move to a different location every year. It would be called the Annual Anywhere But Waco Rally.

Anyway, good luck, Bohanon. Sorry, man, I'm not into the whole "G-Bo" name thingie. Try to hit a book or two while your there, okay? Because, it appears to me, you DEFINITELY need a better education.

BAYLOR?!?!?!?

Waco > every town in Arkansas other than Fayetteville

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

rljjr

Texans consider Waco the armpit of Texas. It battles Lubbock for grossness.

Piggfoot

Quote from: Wooderson on December 19, 2017, 03:24:17 pm
I agree that coach Morris should have moved on at that point.  Danny West and whoever told him that should be ashamed if themselves though. No reason to let that be known. That kid is about to get destroyed by crazy fans.
There is accountability. Coaches reporters can not afford to print false information. The truth will surface.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 19, 2017, 03:03:42 pm
There's always a "bomb" with an Arkansas kid who goes elsewhere.  Wonder why that is.
Not sure any of the stuff about him and Connor Noland is true - but - LSU and Baylor went head-to-head for his services and the Bears came out on top.

247Hog

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on December 19, 2017, 07:42:55 pm

You don't get out much do you?
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

jdlew

Quote from: phadedhawg on December 19, 2017, 04:05:21 pm
If you do a fake out to fool the hometown folks, don't be surprised if they put you on blast. 

Why can't someone close to him say..."The hat thing is not cool"

Scott7703

I'm thrilled to have Connor Noland. Also would be thrilled to get Casey Thompson. Both are better players than the above mentioned.

KlubhouseKonnected

Or simply, it was the deciding factor.

For all anyone here knows it was very much like this:

"I like Arkansas but I'd really like to be the only guy in my class competing for the job, it would just greatly increase my chances of at least having one or two years as a starter without having to transfer. I probably would choose Arkansas coach but I know you already have another really good quarterback committed, I really like him, he's good, and Baylor has promised me that if I sign with them I'll be the only guy they sign at that position. So for those reasons, I'm afraid I have to tell you thanks, but I am going to commit to Baylor tomorrow."

Want to be peeved about the hat thing? Fair enough, it was not a very classy move, especially to your home state, but just remember that you are letting the immaturity of a teenager upset you.

No point in being ugly about this at all. And seeing this particular gripe is ironic here.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

dsims2k3

Says the fan base that won't play in state teams...
Let the kid be great.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Jimbob111

Quote from: arkansasbred on December 19, 2017, 03:08:46 pm
Noland isn't getting the love he deserves on this board. GB is no doubt more athletic and probably has a higher ceiling, but Noland is head and shoulders above him as a passer today.

I never understood Fitz Hill's pressure on Bielema and crew to recruit this kid as a QB. He can't throw the ball. He athletic, sure, and he can run, sure, but he can't pass for jack crap and he knows it. I listened to Stoerner talk about him on the radio, Stoerner has had him at camp and knows him personally and said that he felt Bohannon knew, sitting in the film room with Enos and other QBs, that he wasn't even close in terms of development.

This is just Stoerner, of course, who had him in QB camps with other QBs, speaking from two years of personal experience seen through the eyes of an ex-NFL QB so take it for what it's worth.

The Bohannon drama is a product of Hill's ulterior motives that have nothing to do with Razorbacks or Arkansas.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Jimbob111 on December 19, 2017, 09:45:12 pm
I never understood Fitz Hill's pressure on Bielema and crew to recruit this kid as a QB. He can't throw the ball. He athletic, sure, and he can run, sure, but he can't pass for jack crap and he knows it. I listened to Stoerner talk about him on the radio, Stoerner has had him at camp and knows him personally and said that he felt Bohannon knew, sitting in the film room with Enos and other QBs, that he wasn't even close in terms of development.

This is just Stoerner, of course, who had him in QB camps with other QBs, speaking from two years of personal experience seen through the eyes of an ex-NFL QB so take it for what it's worth.

The Bohannon drama is a product of Hill's ulterior motives that have nothing to do with Razorbacks or Arkansas.

What you are implying is silly.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Jimbob111

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 19, 2017, 04:18:05 pm
Even 18 year olds have to learn there are consequences for your actions.

If you do a hat fake...some will not think it is funny.  You can choose the action but not the reaction/consequence.

If you make it clear that you want to be the only QB.  Why should you be protected from what you have said and what you have made clear?  You're a big enough boy to try to impose your will on a University...maybe you should be a big enough boy to take the consequences of that information getting out.

You want the drama and publicity of a decision reveal ceremony?  Then expect a dramatic reaction.

You can choose your action...you cannot choose the reaction.

I know many of you will say it isn't fair...well...he is 18...maybe it is time he learns that life isn't fair.

Once he gets out of Earle, he'll see life is not fair.  He'll go to college where every player on the team that is from a small town was the best, fastest, most athletic player in their town or conference.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Jimbob111 on December 19, 2017, 09:45:12 pm
I never understood Fitz Hill's pressure on Bielema and crew to recruit this kid as a QB.
This.

RideTillIDieHawg

Quote from: rljjr on December 19, 2017, 08:00:34 pm
Texans consider Waco the armpit of Texas. It battles Lubbock for grossness.

False.

RideTillIDieHawg

Quote from: 247Hog on December 19, 2017, 08:47:42 pm
You don't get out much do you?

I guarantee I've seen more of Texas, the US, and the world than you have.

buldozer

But this sort of stuff always seems to come out by UA mouthpieces who want to provide justification for the UA losing out on a recruit.  And the mouthpieces likely don't have this info if it's not leaked to them by the staff. 
+1 I agree with this. A lot of time it is implied that an in-state recruit not obtained had academic issues or "off the field issues". I am convinced a lot of this in the past has been BS leaked out by the FB staff to justify why they didn't get a recruit or why they ignored one. Many of these recruits go on to have great careers outside the state so if they had so many problems how could that be?

DCHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on December 19, 2017, 03:10:22 pm
Careful, one time I said Kodi Burns and Broderick Green would never play their HS positions at the schools they chose, and I got banned. Of course I was right. Burns ended up at WR, and BG played FB for USC, except for one game when their top 4 tb's were all hurt.

Green spent the majority of his career at Arkansas where he lined up at TB quite a bit.

lawhawg20

Quote from: Soooie21 on December 19, 2017, 03:20:17 pm
Noland looks better on his HS highlights....better arm, quick release and moves well in the pocket...

I agree, but then I got shamed for being a negative Nancy ;)

Hawg Red

Can we talk about the stones on Noland to go all-out recruiting his backup to the U of A?

Hats off. We'll be fine (did want Bohanon, too, though).

Warrior Way 22

Unpopular opinion: The hat fake-out was a kid just having fun up there. With the amount of trolls on this board you would think that we could all handle being trolled at this point. Good luck to Bohannon. I hope you go to Baylor and absolutely show out!
It's simple...the kid made a choice to go to a team that has been recruiting him hard from day 1. I also don't think that it's absurd for a QB to expect to be the only QB recruited in a class.
"Warriors should suffer their pain silently."

GalaHawg

Some kids rise to the challenge of competition and some kids try to avoid it --- it's a Darwinian fact. I think we got the best possible option.

HamIAm

LOL, have you looked at any non-biased comparisons?  If you had you wouldn't make statements like that.  Not knocking Waco, I'm sure its a great town but that statement is just way over the top.

Check out livability comparisons on some websites like areavibes.  I plugged in Magnolia, AR for comparison. Not the best town in Arkansas but not the worst either. South Arkansas is usually lumped with the Delta as the more economically depressed areas of the state. 

Waco ranked better in only 8 out of 26 categories that I looked at.  Magnolia had higher per capita income, median household income, percent of population with high school education and college degrees, and lower crime rates.  Waco had a better cost of living index and much better high school test rates (there is no description of what this is-percent testing proficient? taking SAT? passing SAT?  what?)

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: buldozer on December 20, 2017, 08:48:20 am
+1 I agree with this. A lot of time it is implied that an in-state recruit not obtained had academic issues or "off the field issues". I am convinced a lot of this in the past has been BS leaked out by the FB staff to justify why they didn't get a recruit or why they ignored one. Many of these recruits go on to have great careers outside the state so if they had so many problems how could that be?

But I don't actually have a problem with it.  I'm just acknowleging the true purpose of Danny's tweet. 

It's ironic that GB is getting hammered for not wanting competition, and maybe deservedly so.  But recruits look at team's depth charts all the time as a significant factor in their decision.  I bet QB's especially.  There are staffs all over the country who have to reassure some QB commit that he's the only QB they're going to sign.  Why do you think that is?  Because many will want to avoid the competion as much as possible.  Heck, supposedly Grunnell wasn't happy that the staff offered GB as a QB.  Me bets it's because he doesn't like that UA would have more QB's on the roster to compete against.  I guarantee Grunnell will seriously consider the QB roster when selecting a school.  There's NOTHING unusual about that at.  There actually posters who are speculating that not getting GB is a good thing, because it helps our chances with Grunnell.  The irony is rich.

Anywho, If we could only get Noland or GB, then I'd pick Noland anyway.  Glad he was solid.   
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: HamIAm on December 20, 2017, 09:25:30 am
LOL, have you looked at any non-biased comparisons?  If you had you wouldn't make statements like that.

Check out livability comparisons on some websites like areavibes.  I plugged in Magnolia, AR for comparison. Not the best town in Arkansas but not the worst either. South Arkansas is usually lumped with the Delta as the more economically depressed areas of the state. 

Waco ranked better in only 8 out of 26 categories that I looked at.  Magnolia had higher per capita income, median household income, percent of population with high school education and college degrees, and lower crime rates.  Waco had a better cost of living index and much better high school test rates (there is no description of what this is-percent testing proficient? taking SAT? passing SAT?  what?)

I had typed and erased a long post about this very thing. Just didn't think it was worth it.

Waco is flat and hot and not pretty and is one of the worse towns in Texas (IMO).

I lived in Texas for 2 years and even the Texan's called in "Whaco."  Everyone there is weird.

I like your post a lot better than mine.
Retired Radio Host

liljo

Allow me to retort.

Gonna have to call B.S. on that one! LOL!

Waco, Texas is the outhouse of the Southwestern United States. Your name implies that maybe you are a motorcyclist. If so, SURELY you KNOW this.

Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Bubba's Bruisers

Went to Waco and Baylor once several years ago.  Nothing memorable about any of it.

ms_hog

To me, what most people were upset with was that it sounded like that in telling the Arkansas coaches or implying he wanted to be the only QB, GB was trying to get them to dump Connor.  While that might not have been the case, I think that is what people are unhappy with. 

HognotinMemphis

He played at Earle. Look at his stats. Don't know if he is a 4 star quality or not. He may have the potential of Cam Newton for all I know but again, his stats at Earle not that great given the competition. I can see how he would not be desirable at QB in the SEC. Hence his final choices down to Baylor and Indiana.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HamIAm

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 20, 2017, 09:33:20 am
I had typed and erased a long post about this very thing. Just didn't think it was worth it.

Waco is flat and hot and not pretty and is one of the worse towns in Texas (IMO).

I lived in Texas for 2 years and even the Texan's called in "Whaco."  Everyone there is weird.

I like your post a lot better than mine.
You probably made a better decision. I think his intent may be to derail this into the trash bin where it doesn't get seen.

zebradynasty

And I'm saying I don't doubt he didn't want competition.  There have been plenty of clues suggesting that.  I agree it's not a good sign for him.  But this sort of stuff always seems to come out by UA mouthpieces who want to provide justification for the UA losing out on a recruit.  And the mouthpieces likely don't have this info if it's not leaked to them by the staff.  And we just eat it up, because it just reinforces the fan's belief that the UA is alway gooooood and the recruit always baaaaaaad.

Nail meet hammer. EVERY TIME Arkansas loses a home grown big name recruit why is there always some story that makes the recruit look bad and Arkansas the good guy! This is not some recent phenomenon.  I can go all the way back to to 80's and it been the same. Social media makes it worse now days but cmon...every recruit ???

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 20, 2017, 09:31:56 am
But I don't actually have a problem with it.  I'm just acknowleging the true purpose of Danny's tweet. 

It's ironic that GB is getting hammered for not wanting competition, and maybe deservedly so.  But recruits look at team's depth charts all the time as a significant factor in their decision.  I bet QB's especially.  There are staffs all over the country who have to reassure some QB commit that he's the only QB they're going to sign.  Why do you think that is?  Because many will want to avoid the competion as much as possible.  Heck, supposedly Grunnell wasn't happy that the staff offered GB as a QB.  Me bets it's because he doesn't like that UA would have more QB's on the roster to compete against.  I guarantee Grunnell will seriously consider the QB roster when selecting a school.  There's NOTHING unusual about that at.  There actually posters who are speculating that not getting GB is a good thing, because it helps our chances with Grunnell.  The irony is rich.

Anywho, If we could only get Noland or GB, then I'd pick Noland anyway.  Glad he was solid.   

Sure, most, if not all QB's look at the roster at the different schools. Now, how many tell a staff that already has a QB committed, that if you just take one QB in this class, I'll commit? I've seen Georgia and Bama have top commits at QB at the same time, one always seems to transfer.