Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wednesday Bits from RD 11/11

Started by RazorPiggie, November 11, 2015, 11:01:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

berryhog

PorkRinds

Quote from: berryhog on November 11, 2015, 02:11:28 pm
Harris...

aTm is a dumpster fire.  I'm not sure why anyone would commit to that right now.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Hey Super

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 11, 2015, 02:58:03 pm
Doesn't sound good on Pennamon.

My thoughts too. Sounds like he is saying thanks but no thanks as politely as possible.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

hogsfan31

Sounds like if A&M offers Harris he might flip. Also, sounds like Pennamon will stay with Ole Miss.

PorkRinds

Are you guys insane?  Let me post the quotes here...

QuoteHarris said his teammate, linebacker Michael Divinity told him Texas A&M is interested in his talent

So that means if they offer, he will likely flip?  Really?  It could be that this was a response to a question about other schools that are recruiting him.  I doubt he just randomly brought up aTm to an AR recruiting guy.  It means zilch about his commitment to us.   

Then we have this on Pennamon:

Quotehe's focused on winning a state title and recruiting is on the back burner.

I mean, sure, it isn't him singing our praises.  But he's saying recruiting is on the back burner so he can focus on getting a title.  Every kid looking at a state title run should be doing the same thing.  It obviously means he's not flipping any time soon, but once his season is over we will get a better read on him.  It certainly doesn't mean all hope is lost.  You guys are seriously jumping to random conclusions based on those two sentences. 

hawgwash

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 11, 2015, 03:17:40 pm
Are you guys insane?  Let me post the quotes here...

So that means if they offer, he will likely flip?  Really?  It could be that this was a response to a question about other schools that are recruiting him.  I doubt he just randomly brought up aTm to an AR recruiting guy.  It means zilch about his commitment to us.   

Then we have this on Pennamon:

I mean, sure, it isn't him singing our praises.  But he's saying recruiting is on the back burner so he can focus on getting a title.  Every kid looking at a state title run should be doing the same thing.  It obviously means he's not flipping any time soon, but once his season is over we will get a better read on him.  It certainly doesn't mean all hope is lost.  You guys are seriously jumping to random conclusions based on those two sentences. 

Good post.  +1.  In particular regarding Pennamon, why would his recruiting even be on the back burner, as opposed to completed, if he were firmly committed to Ole Miss?

hawginbigd1

My reading comprehension must be slipping, i saw nothing in the article that led me to think Harris was going to aTm or pennamon was solid to ol piss.

redeye

Hasn't Divinity tweeted several times that he'd like to play with Harris?  Sounds to me like he's considering flipping from LSU to A&M and wants Harris to make his decision easier.  It's unfortunate that Divinity doesn't seem to have much interest in Arkansas, but Harris has seemed committed all along, despite some of our fans doubting his commitment.

Pennamon sounds conflicted.  I never understood when/where the belief that he was ready to flip came about, but this comment sounds about like all his others to me.  I still think we have a good chance, but I never thought he was a sure thing.

Why does the worst possible scenario always come to mind first for some of you?

scruf

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 11, 2015, 03:53:17 pm
My reading comprehension must be slipping, i saw nothing in the article that led me to think Harris was going to aTm or pennamon was solid to ol piss.
That's because you're not a chicken little, poor ol' arkysaw guy like many of these window-licking mouth-breathers that just copy-paste the same word vomit.

MissippHog

Why does it seem like Divinity is always shopping for Harris?  Does he want to play with him that bad?  Or is it he dislikes us that much?  I'm pretty confident in saying DH is more than capable of selecting his own school and doesn't need MD's help.

Or maybe I'm misreading that whole situation, which is highly likely.

Scott7703

I went back and read it again to see if I missed something and nope same thing I thought it said initially. There's absolutely nothing there to make me think pennamon is all ole miss or that Harris has interest in a&m at all.

Big Boi

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 11, 2015, 02:16:12 pm
aTm is a dumpster fire.  I'm not sure why anyone would commit to that right now.
Sumlin has been a hot NFL name last couple yrs, maybe he goes.

ldfergu

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: Big Boi on November 11, 2015, 06:40:06 pm
Sumlin has been a hot NFL name last couple yrs, maybe he goes.
With that much talent, he's underachieving.  I doubt any NFL are seriously interested anymore.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

HogBreath

I was wondering the same thing..crazy how some will make something negative.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

King Kong

Quote from: MissippHog on November 11, 2015, 06:07:08 pm
Why does it seem like Divinity is always shopping for Harris?  Does he want to play with him that bad?  Or is it he dislikes us that much?  I'm pretty confident in saying DH is more than capable of selecting his own school and doesn't need MD's help.

Or maybe I'm misreading that whole situation, which is highly likely.

It is annoying that Divinity won't even visit here to see if he likes it.

Make we want to beat LSU even more

Huds_HawgTide

He may he visiting
..watch what u say
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 11, 2015, 06:30:07 pm
I went back and read it again to see if I missed something and nope same thing I thought it said initially. There's absolutely nothing there to make me think pennamon is all ole miss or that Harris has interest in a&m at all.

Oh yeah man!?!? Well guess wut. You're shtupid!  ;)
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

hawgsmellgud

It is a joke mods. I don't want another ban. Amazing the things yall let obvious trolls get away with, but a die hard never talk bad about players or coaches gets bant for calling out said trolls ya do.

Sorry bant rant over.

I am not saying Scott is a troll. In saying I just came off a 2 month ban.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: HogBreath on November 11, 2015, 08:33:03 pm
I was wondering the same thing..crazy how some will make something negative.

You have to read between the lines...what isnt being said is just as important sometimes.

Scott7703

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on November 11, 2015, 09:19:28 pm
He may he visiting
..watch what u say

Are you saying Divinty may be visiting? First I've heard of that.

Huds_HawgTide

Not saying he will...but if he is trying to get harris with him u dont think harris isnt trying to get him to check hogs out? And the one i was thinking bout when i originally typed that was fulton
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on November 12, 2015, 08:28:37 am
You have to read between the lines...what isnt being said is just as important sometimes.

When it's one sentence, there aren't really many lines to read between.  Sometimes people invent lines to read between.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 12, 2015, 10:39:40 am
When it's one sentence, there aren't really many lines to read between.  Sometimes people invent lines to read between.

The only thing I saw between the lines was white. Now I'm wondering whether it's racist.
[CENSORED]!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 12, 2015, 11:36:30 am
The only thing I saw between the lines was white. Now I'm wondering whether it's racist.

May be.  We could ask a few folks up at Mizzou how they feel about it... ;)

ThisTeetsTaken

A lot of times you can tell which school a kid likes or doesn't like by their interaction with that schools recruiting guys. Or so I've heard.  In other words if a kid is short with Richard all of a sudden that might mean that the kid is firmly committed somewhere else or isn't interested in Arkansas anymore.  Just throwing that out there. Not saying that it's the case here at all.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ldfergu

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 12, 2015, 12:20:56 pm
A lot of times you can tell which school a kid likes or doesn't like by their interaction with that schools recruiting guys. Or so I've heard.  In other words if a kid is short with Richard all of a sudden that might mean that the kid is firmly committed somewhere else or isn't interested in Arkansas anymore.  Just throwing that out there. Not saying that it's the case here at all.

Captain obvious

Hogberry Snortcake

That's how I read it, but I base that on absolutely zero outside knowledge of the situation.

KlubhouseKonnected

That should be pretty easy to suss out.

KlubhouseKonnected

If I was in Pen's position and if I were still considering Ole Miss as a serious option at all, I would try to avoid saying much at all to at least Arkansas's guy or both teams guys until a week or three past last weekends game.