Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are there any Missouri commits we would want to flip?

Started by drocktulsa, November 09, 2015, 10:36:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

drocktulsa

If I was committed to Missouri right now, I'd be having 2nd thoughts about the program.

There isn't anyone that immediately stands out to me, but curious to see what you all think.

According to 247 they have two commits that we offered:

http://247sports.com/Player/Tre-Williams-80086
http://247sports.com/Player/Caron-Baham-79292

COCHISE

Quote from: drocktulsa on November 09, 2015, 10:36:50 am
If I was committed to Missouri right now, I'd be having 2nd thoughts about the program.

There isn't anyone that immediately stands out to me, but curious to see what you all think.

According to 247 they have two commits that we offered:

http://247sports.com/Player/Tre-Williams-80086
http://247sports.com/Player/Caron-Baham-79292

Their president just resigned. Doubt it has much effect on the football program going forward.

ldfergu

With the limited amount of spots left I doubt it. I don't see us going back after either one of those you posted either.

secneahog

I know there was a athlete committed to Missouri that visited or is supposed to visit us.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ImHogginIt

You would think if racial problems had been bad on campus in the past we would have heard about it through recruiting circles. I don't recall ever hearing any recruits say anything about racial problems at Mizzou. Stuff like that would have been used against them by other schools. Makes me wonder if these few incidents this year are being overblown by the students there.

zane

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 10, 2015, 01:50:07 am
You would think if racial problems had been bad on campus in the past we would have heard about it through recruiting circles. I don't recall ever hearing any recruits say anything about racial problems at Mizzou. Stuff like that would have been used against them by other schools. Makes me wonder if these few incidents this year are being overblown by the students there.

Doesn't keep Ole Miss from recruiting well
RIP LSUfan

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

scooby21322

Quote from: COCHISE on November 09, 2015, 11:04:10 am
Their president just resigned. Doubt it has much effect on the football program going forward.

I think it will affect them a lot.  If you're a minority and you see charges of "systemic racism," why would you go there?  If you're white and you see the accusations of racism being thrown about liberally, to the point that the team is willing to forfeit games, why would you want to put yourself in the middle of that divisive environment?  Mizzou is toxic right now.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hoggish1

Quote from: COCHISE on November 09, 2015, 11:04:10 am

Actually, their stock with recruits rose yesterday...

Horsesrus

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 10, 2015, 01:50:07 am

There have been undertones of racial problems in Boone County for decades regarding recruiting in St Louis.  It was more prominent in basketball for years and it was major news in 2001 when Jimmy McKinney went from a St Louis PHL high school to Missouri.  It is more difficult to ascertain in football pre Pinkel because Missouri was so awful.  Big 10 schools plucked talent out of St Louis constantly but that could have been due to the performance of Missouri football at the time and not due to racial issues.  Pinkel has made major inroads into recruiting in St Louis and East St Louis Illinois across the river.  Reading comments on Facebook from former athletes at Missouri would suggest there have been racial issues in Columbia not just recently but for several years.

As mentioned above this is not singling out Missouri, because it is a lot more common at several SEC schools then some people think.  Oxford is the one everyone always points to but I'm sure there are others.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: zane on November 10, 2015, 05:48:24 am
Doesn't keep Ole Miss from recruiting well

Old misses did remove some vestiges of stuff others were using to recruit against them.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 10, 2015, 09:36:21 am

...New Orleans sack artist removes Missouri from top 5 amid protests
https://www.seccountry.com/missouri/new-orleans-sack-artist-removes-missouri-from-top-5-amid-protests

Not saying you're wrong, but what are you basing your post on?

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 10, 2015, 09:36:21 am

This.  And Pinkel stuck with them.  He backtracked a bit the other day, but the message will be that he backed his players.

EFBAB

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on November 12, 2015, 06:20:33 am
This.  And Pinkel stuck with them.  He backtracked a bit the other day, but the message will be that he backed his players.

EFBAB

Like my post above, what are you basing your opinion on?

Guess it doesn't matter as much now, in relation to GP, but the broader question is even bigger now that he's gone.