Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kellen Diesch

Started by DallasHogFan, November 08, 2015, 12:56:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DallasHogFan

Just committed to Aggie. Guess that books officially closed.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

ARtillahog

Yep, not really a shocker.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

So did losing to Auburn by more than 2 touchdowns convince him that they really needed him?  I took a tour of A & M last year with my college bound daughter and it was nice enough, and I realize he is a Texas kid, but I just don't get the allure.  Do you guys think that A&M is trying to play with the big boys like Alabama and Auburn and now Mississippi in regard$ to acquiring top shelf talent?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on November 08, 2015, 01:14:38 pm
So did losing to Auburn by more than 2 touchdowns convince him that they really needed him?  I took a tour of A & M last year with my college bound daughter and it was nice enough, and I realize he is a Texas kid, but I just don't get the allure.  Do you guys think that A&M is trying to play with the big boys like Alabama and Auburn and now Mississippi in regard$ to acquiring top shelf talent?

I don't think Bama has to do anything honestly, but they do.

redeye

From the 247 article on his commitment:

QuoteTrophy Club (Texas) Byron Nelson offensive tackle Kellen Diesch decommitted from Arkansas in late September and has seen his stock soar since then.

The_Iceman

Hope he enjoys his time in suckville. That team is falling apart. Wouldn't be surprised is Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray transfer.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: redeye on November 08, 2015, 01:31:16 pm
From the 247 article on his commitment:

Haha gotta love how they bumped him up to a 4 star when he decommitted.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hogsfan31

Quote from: DallasHogFan on November 08, 2015, 12:56:15 pm
Just committed to Aggie. Guess that books officially closed.

Next...who cares

King Kong

Mistake by him. Kid has great talent but he needs a Herb to get him ready for College

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

redeye

Quote from: Hogfan991 on November 08, 2015, 01:52:27 pm
Haha gotta love how they bumped him up to a 4 star when he decommitted.

Yea, he wasn't 4 star worthy as an Arkansas commit, I guess?

ricepig

Quote from: redeye on November 08, 2015, 03:03:53 pm
Yea, he wasn't 4 star worthy as an Arkansas commit, I guess?

Dude could get a 5th star if he would commit to Bama or Ohio St.....

Hook 'em Hogs

He was a 4 star at least with some service while committed with us. The staff wanted him to be 100% all in and not take any more visits. He initially said yes, then said he wanted to take visits. The Coaches said no, he said yes, so I think that was the end and we stopped recruiting him and let him go. I see both sides. He wants to take his visits, and the Coaches want a guy that will keep his word. Seems like all of this is for the best of both sides.

PorkRinds

I hope he's popular with he yell leaders.

OGR69

recruiting is crazy-if you are committed to us you can not take other visits, but if you are committed somewhere else we want you to visit us-and oh yeah we will continue to recruit your position and if we find someone better, well there are other schools who like you right?  Every college does this.

The Hawg Marshal

I had already written him off.

ricepig

Quote from: OGR69 on November 08, 2015, 07:32:22 pm
recruiting is crazy-if you are committed to us you can not take other visits, but if you are committed somewhere else we want you to visit us-and oh yeah we will continue to recruit your position and if we find someone better, well there are other schools who like you right?  Every college does this.

You know the drill.....

havok

Just means he only has to worry about trying to block McTelvin Agim one time a year... As opposed to spending sleepless nights worrying about it every day in practice. 

greasy_corner

Quote from: havok on November 08, 2015, 07:58:04 pm
Just means he only has to worry about trying to block McTelvin Agim one time a year... As opposed to spending sleepless nights worrying about it every day in practice. 

Now this is how you do it. 

rjm1940

I like this guy.  I think he has a great upside.  His commitment to A&M does not end his recruitment.  He changed his mind once and he can do it again.  I think he would be better served at ARK and I think he could help us.  He probably will grow into a Pro player and needs Herb, Pittman, and CBB to guide him.

This guy had many good offers.  I just cannot help thinking some A&M supporter offered him too much money to turn down and he elected to take the immediate benefit over the long term benefit.  If this happened his recruitment probably is over.

ricepig

Quote from: rjm1940 on November 08, 2015, 08:32:42 pm
I like this guy.  I think he has a great upside.  His commitment to A&M does not end his recruitment.  He changed his mind once and he can do it again.  I think he would be better served at ARK and I think he could help us.  He probably will grow into a Pro player and needs Herb, Pittman, and CBB to guide him.

This guy had many good offers.  I just cannot help thinking some A&M supporter offered him too much money to turn down and he elected to take the immediate benefit over the long term benefit.  If this happened his recruitment probably is over.

Not everyone we lose out on is bought, lol, misguided yes, but not bought.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2015, 08:36:43 pm

You're wrong, duh! 

SPAL

IsJermaine Eluemunor getting any snaps down there?

redeye

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 09, 2015, 12:14:35 am
IsJermaine Eluemunor getting any snaps down there?

Funny you would ask, because I just saw an A&M fan call him a bust.  Although he never committed to us, I think Keaton Sutherland is already starting for them.

rjm1940

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2015, 08:36:43 pm

I am sure you are right about that.  There are things other than money that move people.

onebadrubi

Quote from: rjm1940 on November 09, 2015, 07:08:06 am

I am sure you are right about that.  There are things other than money that move people.

Yeah like cars and women

scruf

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 09, 2015, 08:36:17 am
Yeah like cars and women

Are you saying he's going to Louisville next then on to Alabama?

Biggus Piggus

This kid was in the wrong place to have fun on Saturday. His decision is based on dated information. Gonna look worse by the week.
[CENSORED]!

secneahog

Ready for RD to say who the big time oline guy, who has interest in us.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

harley spoon

This is crazy.  Why would this kid want to go to a school that has had an offensive lineman drafted in the first round for three consecutive years?  Has to be $$$$$ to go there.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: harley spoon on November 10, 2015, 01:34:51 am
This is crazy.  Why would this kid want to go to a school that has had an offensive lineman drafted in the first round for three consecutive years?  Has to be $$$$$ to go there.

Those guys would have been drafted regardless of where they went to school. Irrelevant.
[CENSORED]!

LRHawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 10, 2015, 07:18:07 am
Those guys would have been drafted regardless of where they went to school. Irrelevant.

Same argument could be made for any elite player looking at any school. Fact is, he has chosen A&M over us, but we have the best OLINE coach in the country and we will be ok come February.

Hog N Bama

Kid has not a clue what he gave up saying bye to Sam Pittman... geeze.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Yeah Mike Sherman did a great job with those guy before Sumlin got there

azhog10

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 10, 2015, 07:18:07 am
All I can say is WOW!!!!

How quickly we forget guys like Winston from years back.....he was a "cant miss" guy as well.

rolyat_2008

Mike Sherman evaluated, taught and developed those OLmen then Sumlin walked in the door.

Jim Turner was OL coach under Sherman. Then Sumlin brought BJ Anderson from Houston with him before firing him last offseason and bringing in Dave Christensen.