Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kasey Ford

Started by Dominicanhog, November 07, 2015, 07:40:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominicanhog

Weren't we looking at him at one time?  I saw he is completing 70+ % of his passes and just lead his team to the #2 seed.. doesn't he have a state title?

Anyone know the scoop as to why he was not recruited by CBB and staff?  seem, I had heard about him being a better baseball prospects...

MissippHog

I think you answered your own question, he'll be playing baseball at K-State.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MissippHog on November 07, 2015, 07:45:09 am
I think you answered your own question, he'll be playing baseball at K-State.

thanks, had missed he signed with ksu...

BentonvilleJeff

Nothing against Ford. He's a good QB and even better pitcher but the best QB on the field last night was Powell for Fayetteville. I was there. Just a junior but he's the real deal. Someone told me last night Baylor has already offered him? Hope we keep an eye on him because he's a D1 player without a doubt.

ricepig

Quote from: BentonvilleJeff on November 07, 2015, 01:13:33 pm
Nothing against Ford. He's a good QB and even better pitcher but the best QB on the field last night was Powell for Fayetteville. I was there. Just a junior but he's the real deal. Someone told me last night Baylor has already offered him? Hope we keep an eye on him because he's a D1 player without a doubt.

Powell only shows an offer from ASU, although I'd expect more this winter and summer.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Taylor-Powell-73516/RecruitInterests

scruf

Kasey's future is in baseball.

BentonvilleJeff

Thanks Ricepig for the link. I agree though that there will be more offers coming his way.

Ironhawg

Quote from: scruf on November 07, 2015, 01:50:34 pm
Kasey's future is in baseball.

Wonder why K-State and not DVH and the Hogs?

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 07, 2015, 08:38:05 pm
Wonder why K-State and not DVH and the Hogs?

Not for lack of effort on DVH part.

Ford is just a KSU fan.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Ironhawg

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on November 07, 2015, 09:21:16 pm

Not for lack of effort on DVH part.

Ford is just a KSU fan.

Ok.  Thanks!

RzrbkRat

I bet Powell ends up at TCU

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2015, 01:30:26 pm
Powell only shows an offer from ASU, although I'd expect more this winter and summer.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Taylor-Powell-73516/RecruitInterests

MissippHog

Acer4

Quote from: BentonvilleJeff on November 07, 2015, 01:13:33 pm
Dont think Baylor has offered him.  Where did you hear that?  Powell reminds me a lot of Austin Allen and Ty Storey.  Not as tall in person as everyone says he is, small hands, early bloomer, cant dunk(most if not all SEC QB's can dunk).  Ford has a lot more upside but going the baseball route.

Razorpigg

Quote from: Acer4 on November 12, 2015, 12:58:49 pm
Dont think Baylor has offered him.  Where did you hear that?  Powell reminds me a lot of Austin Allen and Ty Storey.  Not as tall in person as everyone says he is, small hands, early bloomer, cant dunk(most if not all SEC QB's can dunk).  Ford has a lot more upside but going the baseball route.

What the hell does dunking have to do with being a QB????

Acer4

Quote from: Razorpigg on November 12, 2015, 01:20:38 pm
What the hell does dunking have to do with being a QB????
Actually a lot.  Every NFL QB can dunk a basketball and most D1 QB's can.......  Do some research man

Razorpigg

Quote from: Acer4 on November 12, 2015, 01:25:53 pm
Actually a lot.  Every NFL QB can dunk a basketball and most D1 QB's can.......  Do some research man

Just dont see how doing research on a QB dunking a BASKETBALL, would have anything to do with football.  Must just be me....

PorkRinds

Lol.  wut?

trphog

No way Peyton Manning or Ben Roethlisberger are dunking a basketball

Acer4

Dude I seriously hope you are kidding?  Both of them can dunk easily.  My goodness get a clue man

trphog

Quote from: Acer4 on November 12, 2015, 02:12:48 pm
Dude I seriously hope you are kidding?  Both of them can dunk easily.  My goodness get a clue man

Prove it Nostradumbass

ricepig

I would think they could, maybe not today, but both are 6'5", you aren't a NFL athlete at 6'5" and can't dunk.

hollywood hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 12, 2015, 02:22:17 pm
I would think they could, maybe not today, but both are 6'5", you aren't a NFL athlete at 6'5" and can't dunk.

I would bet Tom Brady can't or never could dunk.  The man ran a 5.3 40yd dash at the combine.  Talk about a lack of explosiveness. 

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: ricepig on November 12, 2015, 02:22:17 pm

Do you even dunk bro?

ricepig

RME

I'm sure all 5'10'' of Drew Brees can hop up and throw down a reverse jam.

If you're gonna troll, at least have some decent degree of wit or sarcasm.

trphog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 13, 2015, 08:07:47 am

I don't mean to be devil's advocate here but I'm pretty sure Brees can dunk or could dunk a few years ago. A couple of times he dunked the ole pig skin over the goal post in a game in full pads. The point remains the same though to your credit. Dunking a basketball has zero bearing on being a good QB. It's almost like saying your not a good point guard unless you can throw a 90 mph fastball. Dudes a troll.

mhuff

If you paddle a canoe down a football field and have five flats, how many pancakes does it take to fill up a doghouse ?

RME

Quote from: trphog on November 13, 2015, 08:44:21 am
I don't mean to be devil's advocate here but I'm pretty sure Brees can dunk or could dunk a few years ago. A couple of times he dunked the ole pig skin over the goal post in a game in full pads. The point remains the same though to your credit. Dunking a basketball has zero bearing on being a good QB. It's almost like saying your not a good point guard unless you can throw a 90 mph fastball. Dudes a troll.

Haha, fair enough! That's impressive given his size. But yeah, being able to jump relatively high shows good athleticism, but for the most part QB's are far from the most athletic guys on the field.

Edit: Is he gonna make it or get rejected by the crossbar?

hawgsmellgud

Male it. He is plenty high.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Acer4

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 13, 2015, 08:07:47 am

Dude get a freakin clue.  Yes Drew Brees can dunk.  6ft and 34 inch vert.  My goodness its amazing how dump people are

Acer4

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 13, 2015, 09:31:31 am
Haha, fair enough! That's impressive given his size. But yeah, being able to jump relatively high shows good athleticism, but for the most part QB's are far from the most athletic guys on the field.

Edit: Is he gonna make it or get rejected by the crossbar?
LMAO thanks for the pic.  I think if he can do that with pads and helmet on he can dunk pretty easy.  Like I said people there is no QB in the NFL right now that cant dunk.  Next

Acer4

Back to topic I saw in the paper today Kasey Ford had 13 td's this year.  How is that possible?  Kid has the best arm I've ever seen in H.S.

trphog

Quote from: Acer4 on November 13, 2015, 01:22:35 pm
Back to topic I saw in the paper today Kasey Ford had 13 td's this year.  How is that possible?  Kid has the best arm I've ever seen in H.S.

Probably because he can't dunk. The only thing more important to a QB is oxygen.