Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monday Recruiting tidbits. Didn't see it posted.

Started by Hogg_Phan, November 02, 2015, 06:33:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogg_Phan

Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

yraciv

Very little Malik Monk news...whats new? Sure hope he had as good a time as Macon.

Huds_HawgTide

The fact that Macon said it was the best weekend of his life is a great sign for us
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

PEtrader

Quote from: yraciv on November 02, 2015, 07:37:44 pm
Very little Malik Monk news...whats new? Sure hope he had as good a time as Macon.

That's because he isn't coming to AR,  monk that is.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Scott7703

LRrazorback

ldfergu

Quote from: LRrazorback on November 02, 2015, 08:43:18 pm
Do you know something or have you heard something?

He seems like an insider, you should pm him

/sarc

onebadrubi

Ha no he's not.  He drops little suttle hints like this pulling his thoughts and news from paid boards.

Huds_HawgTide

Well like i said...Macon and Monk are buds, visited together and Macon expressed it was awesome and best weekend of his life...then there is the pic with monk and a hot lil sorrority blonde girl posing on twitter
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

PEtrader

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 02, 2015, 08:25:42 pm
You may be surprised.

I hope so,  but I have inside info.   As of two months ago,  last I talked to source,  it wasn't AR.

We both hope we are wrong.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

theFlyingHog

I have a source in the NCAA main campus. There's some stuff coming down that will help our recruiting. NCAA is tired of the rep they have of protecting the big name schools and the hammer is finally coming down.

I also have a source in the White House. The country will be split into two country's but we will be forming the North American United Republic(NAUR(pronounced NARRR)) with both US countries and Canada and Mexico.

JoeyCapital

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 02, 2015, 11:59:29 pm

I also have a source in the White House. The country will be split into two country's but we will be forming the North American United Republic(NAUR(pronounced NARRR)) with both US countries and Canada and Mexico.
Is jack ryan still president in this book?
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

TNhawgfan

More hogville inside sources. Is DGB leaving the Titans and finally signing with us?
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

theFlyingHog

Quote from: golf2day on November 03, 2015, 06:56:30 am
Is jack ryan still president in this book?
My source won't reveal who the president is.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: PEtrader on November 02, 2015, 11:20:46 pm
I hope so,  but I have inside info.   As of two months ago,  last I talked to source,  it wasn't AR.

yea I have inside info as well and I bet it is better than yours.  He says he is more than likely coming to Arkansas.

secneahog

Some people really know how to litter a thread with garbage.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Scott7703

Quote from: PEtrader on November 02, 2015, 11:20:46 pm

You could be right but there is talk that Arkansas is more than in the middle of this. At this point I think he will be a hog.

PEtrader

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on November 03, 2015, 10:47:36 am
yea I have inside info as well and I bet it is better than yours.  He says he is more than likely coming to Arkansas.

I hope so

Scott7703

I know a coach on the local AAU circuit who has ways of getting info. Just passing along what he says.

Scott7703

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 02, 2015, 09:13:32 pm
Ha no he's not.  He drops little suttle hints like this pulling his thoughts and news from paid boards.

If you spent as much time trying to add something pertinent as you do badgering members you might be an asset to the board. And by the way I'm not a member of any pay board.

yraciv

I don't think any of you know a damn thing, because Malik Monk doesn't know at this point.  If he was set on being a Hog, Jayhawk, or Wildcat he'd be committed at this point.  His family keeps things very close to the vest, so I'd say there is only a handful of people that know what he is thinking at this point.  I'm sure he has shared a little with some close friends, coaches, but other than the vague answers about what he likes about the program, that is probably it.

I guess it is possible, that he silently committed to somebody and is holding off announcing due to in state pressure.  If that is the case, I understand that line of thinking.  I also would think he has notified Mike Anderson that is the case and we would have moved on, due to the closeness of his brother to the program.

Dropkick

Scott7703 has given me info in the past via a pm that was dead on regarding a football recruit we did not get. I have no reason to doubt him.

CattleCorn

I have a dead drop under a park bench next to the Springdale soccer fields.  If anyone wants to pass along sensitive info.

hogman99

Quote from: yraciv on November 09, 2015, 08:28:01 am
I don't think any of you know a damn thing, because Malik Monk doesn't know at this point.  If he was set on being a Hog, Jayhawk, or Wildcat he'd be committed at this point.  His family keeps things very close to the vest, so I'd say there is only a handful of people that know what he is thinking at this point.  I'm sure he has shared a little with some close friends, coaches, but other than the vague answers about what he likes about the program, that is probably it.

I guess it is possible, that he silently committed to somebody and is holding off announcing due to in state pressure.  If that is the case, I understand that line of thinking.  I also would think he has notified Mike Anderson that is the case and we would have moved on, due to the closeness of his brother to the program.

Committing/signing to someone other than Arkansas early would not be good for Monk for the rest of his Sr. season.  Opposing teams/fans would be on him all year and I'm sure he doesn't want to hear that for the 30 or so games he will play for Bentonville.  Once the season is over, there are no public appearances he has to make in Arkansas so he can do what he wants.  Not committing to Arkansas early is not a good sign for Arkansas IMO. Hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't bode well for Hog fans. 

Being a top 5 recruit allows him to wait and sign in the spring with anyone he wants. UK and KU are okay with waiting on his decision because they have backup plans already in place (or soon to be signed). They will make make room for him as the numbers always work themselves out.

ldfergu

onebadrubi

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 03, 2015, 03:35:10 pm
If you spent as much time trying to add something pertinent as you do badgering members you might be an asset to the board. And by the way I'm not a member of any pay board.

You've said the same thign about highly recruited past football recruits, I think you are batting O'fer with them as well. 

Scott7703

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 09, 2015, 02:58:09 pm
You've said the same thign about highly recruited past football recruits, I think you are batting O'fer with them as well. 

lol you seriously never give it a rest do you. Add something or get lost.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 09, 2015, 03:02:32 pm
lol you seriously never give it a rest do you. Add something or get lost.

There are very credible and connected people here that will give us tidbits and info.  It's said the amount of people that do drop by at times and drop things that aren't accurate and made up just to have a voice.  Nothing wrong with calling them out. 

Scott7703

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 09, 2015, 03:11:33 pm
There are very credible and connected people here that will give us tidbits and info.  It's said the amount of people that do drop by at times and drop things that aren't accurate and made up just to have a voice.  Nothing wrong with calling them out. 

No one is accurate all the time. Heck the recruiting guys (the ones who talk to the players) miss as much as they hit. If you don't like what I post hit the ignore button because I'll continue to post what I hear which is right as much as wrong.

Wildhog

Scott's always been one of the better recruiting forum posters.  Not sure what the issue is.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgsmellgud

Some peoples kids. So many of you all miss out on some really spot on info by focusing on misses. Scott has given me much info via pm that was 100% on point. Couple of times he said that it did come from pay board, but he was completely up front about that. Most of the time though he is telling me something that hasn't hit the press yet and he nails it.

But hey way to go on "calling him out"! You are so cool. What info you got?
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."