Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carmouche commits to the Hogs!!!

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, October 31, 2015, 08:54:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: whosiskid on October 31, 2015, 09:25:42 pm
Excellent!

And I figure Pennamon may be right behind. It just feels right for the two of them to come.

For what it is worth, using the Class Calculator, this puts us around 24 in recruiting. If we got an understanding from Pennamon, we are about #19.

However, this is a year where we might not get as high on the ratings list. We really might not get more than 18 or 19 commits. That is going to cause a lot of teams signing 25 or 30 players to pass us on NSD. So we are going to have to ask whether or not we got the players we wanted to get. By any standard, Carmouche is one we wanted to get.

I wonder why he is only rated at 88. I think it might have something to do with the fact that the Texas recruiting gurus knew he was probably going out of state. Why, in that case, would they push hard for him to be rated 92 or 93?

The politics of rating is starting to bug me. But offer lists are not that perfect either. Carmouche does have an impressive offer list, but Jordan Jones does not. This is largely because he committed to Arkansas a couple of hours after being offered. When Alabama tried to offer him a couple of days later, Jones let Saban know that he was not interested in anywhere except Arkansas. So, he ends up with a weak offer list. Same with Juan Day. Early offer + almost instant acceptance = few offers. And with Day's knew injury, he got no late in his senior year offers.

So Carmouche has a great offer list, but it is largely because he held off committing. The one thing I love about his offer list is that all the "brainy" schools offered him: Duke, Stanford, Rice, Boston College, Cal, and Northwestern, which means he has to be a really smart kid. I'm one of those guys who believes that defensive players need to be smarter than offensive players. The offense has such an advantage. I just think this is a wonderful pick up in a lot of ways.

And I'm feeling better about Pennamon than ever.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Music City Hog

secneahog

A true stud linebacker..Carmouche, Harris, Baptise..That is a nice lber lineup
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

jackflash

I hope this is the start of us getting more Texas kids. I think he the best we gotten from Texas since BB got here. I am hoping the hiring fo Singelton

Switchback

Awesome addition to the hogs!  The commits on defense are salty, going to be a bright future.  Go Hogs!

jgphillips3

Carmouche is a huge, huge get in terms of talent at a need position.  Not to mention Greenlaw shows that a talented defender can hit the field early if they show up ready.  This is a kid who has a chance to crack the two deep next year.  WPS!

Pigsfeat

I'm sure he saw that we had great need at LB. This commit made my day!! :)
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: secneahog on November 01, 2015, 10:56:22 am
A true stud linebacker..Carmouche, Harris, Baptise..That is a nice lber lineup
we have quietly put together a nice group there to go with Dre.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ckhawgu

greasy_corner

MissippHog

Awesome!  I really hoped we would land this kid.  :razorback:

1highhog

Great news and welcome aboard young man!  I hope to be seeing you making great plays for the Hogs starting next year.

Razorbacker79

Welcome to the Razorback Nation, Mr. Carmouche!!!

WPS!!!!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

Huckleberry Pig

Great News! WPS this staff can really recruit.  I really think we will start seeing some good teams going forward, the way we've recruited the last few years

LRHawg

Hogberry Snortcake

ARtillahog

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on October 31, 2015, 11:22:55 pm
Great get! This was one of the ones I have hoped for for awhile. The only thing better would be a commit from a stud CB.

I just wonder why we aren't in on more DBs. I hope it's because Willie Sykes and some of the RS freshmen have impressed the coaches...

I figure Fulton will go to LSU, haven't heard many more names that we're on at that position of need.

I know Dean and Ramirez didn't play today, probably precautionary, but that secondary play was awful today.

That team can throw and catch, but really??? How many times were they wide freaking open over the middle? Not to mention the tackling.

I don't like to be negative after a win, any time actually, but over 500 yards TO given up vs an FCS team is a very real concern..

I heard this blurb last week during the Auburn game, the commentators stated that Robb Smith's defense was vulnerable in the middle.  I think part of this is due to scheme and LB play.  While Greenlaw is talented, he is very weak in pass coverage.  One of the first pass plays TnM completed was Dre's fault.  He didn't find the receiver and keep inside-out leverage in his hook-curl zone.  He got wide and it opened up the middle.

Carmouche and Baptiste are great additions in my mind bc they bring Kam Chancellor type body to the OLB position.  With the DL additions in the last class and the current class, you hope to see some semblance of a pass rush in the future where the secondary doesn't have to hold for longer than 6 seconds.

I'm not giving the secondary a pass (pun intended) for their play and execution this weekend, but there are a couple of reasons why at least the middle seems to be WIDE open every game.

Razorfox

Quote from: ARtillahog on November 02, 2015, 09:10:39 am
I heard this blurb last week during the Auburn game, the commentators stated that Robb Smith's defense was vulnerable in the middle.  I think part of this is due to scheme and LB play.  While Greenlaw is talented, he is very weak in pass coverage.  One of the first pass plays TnM completed was Dre's fault.  He didn't find the receiver and keep inside-out leverage in his hook-curl zone.  He got wide and it opened up the middle.

Carmouche and Baptiste are great additions in my mind bc they bring Kam Chancellor type body to the OLB position.  With the DL additions in the last class and the current class, you hope to see some semblance of a pass rush in the future where the secondary doesn't have to hold for longer than 6 seconds.

I'm not giving the secondary a pass (pun intended) for their play and execution this weekend, but there are a couple of reasons why at least the middle seems to be WIDE open every game.

Could have something to do with Greenlaw being a true freshman.  I'm pretty sure he's going to get better. 

ricepig

Quote from: ARtillahog on November 02, 2015, 09:10:39 am

Greenlaw played safety in high school and I'm pretty sure he was in pass coverage a lot. I think it's just the adjustment to the SEC at LB.

ARtillahog

Quote from: Razorfox on November 02, 2015, 09:20:57 am
Could have something to do with Greenlaw being a true freshman.  I'm pretty sure he's going to get better.

Oh, I completely agree.  To be as good as he is and still not grading out above 80% during the games is already impressive.

ARtillahog

Quote from: ricepig on November 02, 2015, 10:10:33 am
Greenlaw played safety in high school and I'm pretty sure he was in pass coverage a lot. I think it's just the adjustment to the SEC at LB.

Let's be honest, you don't have to be awesome at pass coverage in Arkansas high school football to appear to be great.  He will get better and the game will slow down for him.

The Hogfather

This commitment is awesome, but I was hoping Pennamon would commit as well.  We need some stud RBs in this class!

Dropkick

Another piece of the puzzle. Welcome aboard Mr. Carmouche!

Oklahawg

Quote from: ARtillahog on November 02, 2015, 11:40:57 am
Let's be honest, you don't have to be awesome at pass coverage in Arkansas high school football to appear to be great.  He will get better and the game will slow down for him.

And Carmouche plays high-end HS football in the Houston area.

Brooks Ellis is slow and Greenlaw is green (couldn't resist), so LB pass coverage is always an iffy thing.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

JaketheSnake

Quote from: ARtillahog on November 02, 2015, 11:40:57 am
Were do you have to be awesome in pass coverage in high school to be great?  Fayetteville is one of the best football teams in the state every year and usually nationally respected and ranked in the top 100.  How rare is a freshman LBer that can play the run and pass like a seasoned SEC lber?   I dont think ive ever seen that out of a true freshman.  Greenlaw will be good, but he is a freshman.

hawginbigd1

This pleases me immensely, player of need and has a teammate that likes us at another position of need. More happy about this than i was disappointed on Friday! :razorback:

Dropkick

Any idea on pronunciation to keep me from butchering that last name?

The Hogfather

Dropkick

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

WildRazorback

Awesome get! I'm hoping for some kind of update on Pennamon, though. I really liked his tape and I think he would be a great addition to our offense.

SamBuckhart

Congratulations to Mr. Carmouche. Go Hogs Go! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

TechHawg

Quote from: Dropkick on November 02, 2015, 03:40:21 pm
Any idea on pronunciation to keep me from butchering that last name?
I was wondering the same thing. I was sure however that it wasn't pronounced how Randy Rainwater said it on DTS today: "Care-Moochie." SMH

hawgmasta

Awesome get! This guy is pretty close to a four star LB and from a school that produced as much talent as 1/3 of the state of Arkansas; what I'm saying is we need to be bag manning every coach and player there we can lol

Quote from: hawgwash on October 31, 2015, 11:06:56 pm
But can he play linebacker?  Wait, never mind.

+1 classic.

Wildhog

All of our players are smart, fast, strong gentlemen.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

MS_HogFan

SOOIE

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Boles Hog

I wonder if CBB did the "Fandango" when he got the news that Carmouche...Carmouche committed?

Andrew Hogfan

Quote from: Boles Hog on November 03, 2015, 10:05:03 am
I wonder if CBB did the "Fandango" when he got the news that Carmouche...Carmouche committed?
That's funny
WPS!!!

RazorWhacker

Quote from: Boles Hog on November 03, 2015, 10:05:03 am

He sent a bolt of lightning that was very, very frightening!