Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wednesday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, October 28, 2015, 01:22:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

Y'know, a decade ago John Tate would likely have a UA offer.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Slimac4

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 28, 2015, 01:53:21 pm

Shoot I'd say in te Petrino days he would've been offered.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 28, 2015, 01:53:21 pm
I think he would have got an offer last year just my opinion

Hawghiggs

I guess we just don't build fences anymore.

jb11

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 28, 2015, 10:36:10 pm
We have, but sometimes we open the gate.

Ironhawg

So what is the deal with Tate?  Why no offer?  Are we just too tight on numbers with greater needs at other positions?

Oklahawg

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 28, 2015, 10:47:03 pm
So what is the deal with Tate?  Why no offer?  Are we just too tight on numbers with greater needs at other positions?

Correct.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 28, 2015, 10:36:10 pm

How is that applicable?  We have committed everyone in the state we want for the second straight year, as well as the highest rated recruit.  We can't take them all.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 28, 2015, 11:10:21 pm
How is that applicable?  We have committed everyone in the state we want for the second straight year, as well as the highest rated recruit.  We can't take them all.
https://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3534/0

Really, you can't find anyone on this list that we could possibly need?

lefty08

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 29, 2015, 06:21:44 am

Really. Everyone on that list with an offer is committed

Really.......
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ricepig

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 29, 2015, 06:21:44 am

Nope, not at all. We currently have offers out to guys we rate much higher. Actually, it's pretty clear.

onebadrubi

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: ricepig on October 29, 2015, 07:31:06 am
Nope, not at all. We currently have offers out to guys we rate much higher. Actually, it's pretty clear.

Damarea Crockett is (to me) a bit of an unknown. 4* local RB. 5.11 212 right now. Looks decent on film. I would get him. I know CBB said that he never takes 3 RBs in one class, and that we are on (on paper) bigger names, but we will be thin on RBs next year. We don't know how Juan will play after so much rehab, we don't know if RW3 will be back next year, that leaves us with a lot of question marks. Getting Damarea Crockett and then ending up having enough RBs so that we can RS him would not be the end of the world.

jry04

Quote from: lefty08 on October 29, 2015, 06:29:56 am
Really. Everyone on that list with an offer is committed

Really.......
You don't take any player just because they play a position of need. Everyone offered in Arkansas has committed to us. We have about 5 other RBs we rank ahead of Crockett. He camped at Arkansas, and the coaches still have not offered. Clearly the know something you don't about him. Not to mention his only SEC offer is Vandy. I am sure he is a great kid, and I hate seeing people who want to be Hogs leave the state without an offer, but the staff obviously feels good about one of the 4 4*or better RBs we are in the top 5 for right now.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: jry04 on October 29, 2015, 08:36:23 am
You don't take any player just because they play a position of need. Everyone offered in Arkansas has committed to us. We have about 5 other RBs we rank ahead of Crockett. He camped at Arkansas, and the coaches still have not offered. Clearly the know something you don't about him. Not to mention his only SEC offer is Vandy. I am sure he is a great kid, and I hate seeing people who want to be Hogs leave the state without an offer, but the staff obviously feels good about one of the 4 4*or better RBs we are in the top 5 for right now.

This makes perfect sense and as I said before there is a big unknown concerning Crockett. His star-rating and stats looks decent so why haven't We and/or other SEC schools (Except Vandy) not offered? Oh well, the best of wishes for the kid and I hope we get some of the other big RBs still in play. WPS!

DeltaBoy

WPS bring them in and stock the cubbard.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.