Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another possible QB transfer?

Started by SkeeterHawg, October 23, 2015, 07:45:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

theFlyingHog

I just want to find the next Mallet. With legs though please

King Kong

grayhawg

Wow do we not have a QB that Enos, and for that matter CBB thinks can get the job done?

Styflin

Quote from: grayhawg on October 23, 2015, 08:07:34 pm
Wow do we not have a QB that Enos, and for that matter CBB thinks can get the job done?

No

ThisTeetsTaken

October 23, 2015, 08:31:28 pm #5 Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:16:47 pm by ThisTeetsTaken
6'-5", 220lbs, 4.8????????   Why isn't this guy in high demand?   
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

BirdDawg

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 23, 2015, 08:31:28 pm
6'-5", 220lbs, 4.38 ????????   Why isn't this guy in high demand?   

Prob need to re-read those stats

Scott7703

Kid visiting this weekend would be a walkon per our friend over at 247.

Kevin

looking for that valuable experience
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Styflin on October 23, 2015, 08:26:12 pm
No

ABSOLUTELY agree... lets have 12 on the roster until we get it right...

King Kong

Quote from: Dominicanhog on October 23, 2015, 10:20:47 pm

I don't care how many it takes, as long as we finally get one

WriterWrong

Quote from: Dominicanhog on October 23, 2015, 10:20:47 pm

One, possibly two will leave before it's all said and done. Bringing in another kid the coaches think may be able to take over for BA isn't a bad thing considering we may have one QB transferring out. I hope they all stay. Can't ever have too many good QB's. Just need to make sure we have one we really believe in.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: WriterWrong on October 23, 2015, 10:30:52 pm
One, possibly two will leave before it's all said and done. Bringing in another kid the coaches think may be able to take over for BA isn't a bad thing considering we may have one QB transferring out. I hope they all stay. Can't ever have too many good QB's. Just need to make sure we have one we really believe in.

If 3 come available, we'll sign 3...

Hogfan46

Ohio State is a prime example that you need multiple QB's that can get the job done. Bring on as many good ones as we can IMO.

Dionysos25

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 23, 2015, 08:31:28 pm
6'-5", 220lbs, 4.8????????   Why isn't this guy in high demand?

Because numbers on paper don't automatically make you a good quarterback.
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

Choctaw Hog

Apparently the coaching staff is not relying on what we already had on campus.  They are around with these QBs all the time so one has to rely on what they are seeing in practice.  Things have a way of shaking out. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 25, 2015, 09:19:32 am
Name names?

I thinks he's just pulling other posters thoughts from other forums and posting them hear as if he knows something.

Hawghiggs

Well if there isn't a Quarterback on campus that has the ability to start then maybe Bielema should be fired because he recruited three of them. We don't need another QB recruit when we haven't even tried to use any of the four waiting their turn.

King Kong

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 25, 2015, 10:02:21 am
Well if there isn't a Quarterback on campus that has the ability to start then maybe Bielema should be fired because he recruited three of them. We don't need another QB recruit when we haven't even tried to use any of the four waiting their turn.

That's what Texas said about Mack Brown.

Of course we could also get into the fact Austin and Rafe were committed before CBB got the job.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: King Kong on October 25, 2015, 10:14:04 am
That's what Texas said about Mack Brown.

Of course we could also get into the fact Austin and Rafe were committed before CBB got the job.
It was time for Mack Brown to go and Rafe is CBB recruit. I know he was already committed to the old staff. But if he didn't want him he could have told him so.  I'm not counting Austin as a Bielema recruit. I'm counting Peavy, Storey, and Towns.  Which all three where highly rated players. We have four highly rated Qbs already on campus and another one (Kelley) on his way. How in the heck does another quarterback solve the development issue?  All it does is take away reps from current players.

Cinco de Hogo

I've heard some things thru the grapevine but everything has to play out. 

Scott7703

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 25, 2015, 09:54:29 am
I thinks he's just pulling other posters thoughts from other forums and posting them hear as if he knows something.

As always you would be wrong.

scruf

My guess is:
Ty leaves
Rafe switches to RB or safety
Kelly redshirts
another QB transfers in and redshirts next year
AA and Town fight over 1st team reps

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 25, 2015, 11:26:35 am
I've heard some things thru the grapevine but everything has to play out.
You have a source just like Peyton Manning is our QB coach next year.

I kid

Maybe

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 25, 2015, 03:07:44 pm
You have a source just like Peyton Manning is our QB coach next year.

I kid

Maybe

A lot of fans have the same type source I have with individual players but people thinking out loud means nothing.  As I said it still has to play out for a player to get to the decision making stage.

The QB position is just a different animal and people should respect the process players go through to get a chance to play. 

Oklahawg

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 25, 2015, 05:44:57 pm
A lot of fans have the same type source I have with individual players but people thinking out loud means nothing.  As I said it still has to play out for a player to get to the decision making stage.

The QB position is just a different animal and people should respect the process players go through to get a chance to play. 

And posters should also respect the fact that most players go through periods of intense frustration and are fed up, ready to leave. But, they get over it.

Players have almost universally been (one of if not) the best player on their HS teams for several years, not just their senior year. Suddenly, there are players equally gifted or better (or more advanced in the system if not more talented) and a psychological adjustment has to be made.

We should probably tone down the transfer talk for now.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

songofthesword

I think they should make a rafe package even if.he is not the full time starter

Hawghiggs

Quote from: songofthesword on October 25, 2015, 11:30:56 pm
I think they should make a rafe package even if.he is not the full time starter
Loyalty should be rewarded.

NLRHog92

Quote from: scruf on October 25, 2015, 02:24:49 pm
My guess is:
Ty leaves
Rafe switches to RB or safety
Kelly redshirts
another QB transfers in and redshirts next year
AA and Town fight over 1st team reps

lol no... Story isn't leaving after his freshman year when a RS Sr was starter. Rafe isn't switching, or it would have already been done. He's likely gone, though. AA wants to be here, regardless if he's starter or not, but is working tail off to be just that. We don't need this kid.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 25, 2015, 06:45:46 pm
And posters should also respect the fact that most players go through periods of intense frustration and are fed up, ready to leave. But, they get over it.

Players have almost universally been (one of if not) the best player on their HS teams for several years, not just their senior year. Suddenly, there are players equally gifted or better (or more advanced in the system if not more talented) and a psychological adjustment has to be made.

Absolutely agree.  With QBs, everything is fluid and you need more than two or three good ones to compete for the cream to rise to the top.  The good ones need to be nurtured even after they lose the battle as a starter, because you need competent back ups that can step in at any time.

Spring competition will be intense, which is as it should be.

Pork Twain

Not seeing that at all.  I think you always take a top qb when they want to come to you.  There is also a big difference between us seeking them out and them wanting to look at us.  Right now his primary communication is with a GA.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Dropkick

Quote from: NLRHog92 on October 26, 2015, 06:50:10 am
lol no... Story isn't leaving after his freshman year when a RS Sr was starter. Rafe isn't switching, or it would have already been done. He's likely gone, though. AA wants to be here, regardless if he's starter or not, but is working tail off to be just that. We don't need this kid.
Don't be so sure on Storey...........

Hogsolo

I'm more concerned with the RB numbers.  He needs to start signing two or three a class due to injuries, transfers, and suspensions.   Why take chances?   Stock that cabinet.   

JaketheSnake

How about we let Storey and Town and Peavey and AA battle it out for QB1 before we name the next transfers???  Some of you are borderline bashing our homegrown freshman QB for not taking the job from a 5th year senior?  Ortiz just assume Town is better?  Storey has been all hog for a long time so how about we let him do what he is here to do and make this program better? 

cmiller01

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 01, 2015, 08:22:49 pm
How about we let Storey and Town and Peavey and AA battle it out for QB1 before we name the next transfers???  Some of you are borderline bashing our homegrown freshman QB for not taking the job from a 5th year senior?  Ortiz just assume Town is better?  Storey has been all hog for a long time so how about we let him do what he is here to do and make this program better? 

My guess is Peavey bolts after this season.  He would have to sit out another season if he decides to transfer after the Spring.  My opinion is that he transfers to somewhere like Missouri State.

I would love for Storey to stick around another season and participate in the Spring QB battle but the rumor in Charleston is that he is considering a transfer.

PorkRinds

Quote from: cmiller01 on November 01, 2015, 08:43:49 pm
My guess is Peavey bolts after this season.  He would have to sit out another season if he decides to transfer after the Spring.  My opinion is that he transfers to somewhere like Missouri State.

I would love for Storey to stick around another season and participate in the Spring QB battle but the rumor in Charleston is that he is considering a transfer.

That's not the rumor in Charleston. The rumor there is that he feels like the job is his to lose...

whosiskid

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 01, 2015, 08:51:24 pm
That's not the rumor in Charleston. The rumor there is that he feels like the job is his to lose...

I agree with this assessment. A prophet is never honored in his own country, and a QB prospect from a small school is never honored over a hot prospect from California who attended a big school.

But from everything I've heard and from all the footage I've looked at I think Storey has a stronger arm, better mechanics, better leadership qualities, and reads the defense better. He doesn't have Town's blistering speed, but I think Storey is going to be out starting QB.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 01, 2015, 08:22:49 pm

I think you are right, and I've said as much many times.  It's stupid to speculate on top of that.

Not something a fan should do, IMO.

If it happens, then talk about it, and not until.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

grayhawg

This!

IronHog

Quote from: whosiskid on November 01, 2015, 08:58:59 pm
I agree with this assessment. A prophet is never honored in his own country, and a QB prospect from a small school is never honored over a hot prospect from California who attended a big school.

But from everything I've heard and from all the footage I've looked at I think Storey has a stronger arm, better mechanics, better leadership qualities, and reads the defense better. He doesn't have Town's blistering speed, but I think Storey is going to be out starting QB.

Story had some work to do on throwing mechanics from the pocket coming out of HS.

Doesn't mean he ain't the man but he's not as polished as Town.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

lefty08

I think most of you are missing the most important thing. The best thing is we actually have several guys already on campus capable of starting for this team next year. Regardless who it is we will be ok. I also think those that don't believ in Austin because they don't like his brother are stupid. That's not a valid reason to think the kid isn't good enough. Just let it play out
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

oldhawg

A quick sampling of some of Arkansas's opponents 2015 rosters:

Alabama has 5 quarterbacks listed on its roster;
Florida has 8;
Texas A&M has 7;
LSU has 9.

Everyone is trying to find the next Manning, or Joe Willie, or Cam Newton, or some semblance thereof.  Does not mean that the quarterbacks on campus don't have potential ----- but somebody better might step up.  Competition in this regard is a good thing.

onebadrubi

You know, if yall two both know the rumors in charleston then that's the whole town nearly, right? 

grayhawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 01, 2015, 11:48:08 pm
You know, if yall two both know the rumors in charleston then that's the whole town nearly, right? 
Well if people in neighboring Counties have heard it I would say most of Charleston would have also.

jkstock04

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 25, 2015, 06:45:46 pm

A lot of truth here....a few weeks ago D. Reed was "ready to transfer" as well. These kids can change their minds/lives in the blink of an eye. Especially this day and age where 100% of everything is about the here and now.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PorkRinds

Quote from: grayhawg on November 02, 2015, 07:37:23 am
Well if people in neighboring Counties have heard it I would say most of Charleston would have also.

No credible rumors in Charleston have Ty ready to transfer.  I've heard from as good a "source" as one can have that Ty likes his chances to start next year.   He sees his only real competition as Austin Allen, and only because he's older.  The kid has confidence for days, and loves competition.   Being a second string QB in the SEC, especially behind another first time starter, is not a bad spot to be in honestly, and they ALL know it....

870hogfan

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 02, 2015, 08:05:34 am
A lot of truth here....a few weeks ago D. Reed was "ready to transfer" as well. These kids can change their minds/lives in the blink of an eye. Especially this day and age where 100% of everything is about the here and now.

I'm confused when did Reed want to transfer?  This is new to me?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 02, 2015, 08:05:34 am

He has already used his Redshirt, how would he transfer? Transfer to DII?

Peppa Pig

Quote from: 870hogfan on November 02, 2015, 08:14:56 am

I'm confused when did Reed want to transfer?  This is new to me?

He didn't.  It was just baseless message board speculation because he wasn't getting the ball.  Nothing to it.  Now let's get back to baselessly speculating on our QB situation.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Peppa Pig on November 02, 2015, 08:48:32 am
He didn't.  It was just baseless message board speculation because he wasn't getting the ball.  Nothing to it.  Now let's get back to baselessly speculating on our QB situation.

I heard Duwop is switching back and the likely starting QB next week.