Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carlos Blackman RB/LB Gosnell

Started by NEA_HogFan, October 21, 2015, 05:42:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA_HogFan

Carlos Blackman from Gosnell is an in state guy that is getting attention. He has offers from A-state and SEMO and has garnered interest from the hogs, Memphis, and Ole Miss as well as every D2 college in the state. He is 6-1 215 and runs in the 4.5 range. He is having a monster year so far. Through 6 games he has 93 carries, 1,218 yard and 20 TDs. He is also very good linebacker and can lay a hit. I expect him to have a lot more offers by the end of the year.

He was mentioned in a write up by hootens this week
http://www.hootens.com/recruiting-stars-should-shine-this-week-in-class-4a-showdowns-top-prospects-in-nea_1451_a.aspx

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3161073/highlights/292577919/v2

nwahogfan1

Good deal.  Does Lunney ever come by and watch any games or his video on some of these kids.  I love small town kids but sometimes they have a hard time adapting and qualifying in college.

Do you see any of these 2016 qualifiers being offered?

razorhog52

These kids are so hard to evaluate. It seems there are 10 of these a year but ever now and then one will go  to a small school then become NFL all pro. It's just hard to pick which one.

ricepig

Quote from: razorhog52 on October 22, 2015, 07:10:15 pm
These kids are so hard to evaluate. It seems there are 10 of these a year but ever now and then one will go  to a small school then become NFL all pro. It's just hard to pick which one.

Yep, it's usually hard to judge them against inferior competition. If the kids can make it to a camp on campus somewhere, it greatly increases their chances.

NEA_HogFan

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on October 22, 2015, 03:34:49 pm
Good deal.  Does Lunney ever come by and watch any games or his video on some of these kids.  I love small town kids but sometimes they have a hard time adapting and qualifying in college.

Do you see any of these 2016 qualifiers being offered?

It's hard to say right now. Carlos is one if those guys that has kinda flown under the radar due to playing at a small school ala Korliss Marshall. He had nagging injuries last year that hindered his production a little. He carries a 3.5 GPA.

scruf

He doesn't look slow but isn't a burner. He has a really effective stiff-arm and has a nice jump cut as well. Looks like a mid-level 3* right now.

NEA_HogFan

Quote from: scruf on October 23, 2015, 09:40:54 am
He doesn't look slow but isn't a burner. He has a really effective stiff-arm and has a nice jump cut as well. Looks like a mid-level 3* right now.

Did I mention he also throws 60 yard bombs? Last play of the video.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3161073/highlights/302434724/v2?utm_expid=74649800-50.xVwcdGojSNiaNtQ6WnoKhQ.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hudl.com%2Fathlete%2F3161073%2Fcarlos-blackman

goshog

28 carries 357 yards and 6 TD, also threw for a touchdown last night against Lonoke.

online-with-swine

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

He is a player unless they are playing Pocahontas but I don't know if he played.  Gosnell didn't score.  I do like him.  Just don't think he is an SEC running back.  Not very fast but is pretty physical.

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

IronHog

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2015, 07:12:34 pm
Yep, it's usually hard to judge them against inferior competition. If the kids can make it to a camp on campus somewhere, it greatly increases their chances.

If the competition was as inferior as people on here make it out to be guys like Reed and Marshall would score ever time they got the ball in HS......instead they are the fastest guy on the field in the SEC.

IF a kid looks fast against good south/east HS teams he is FAST.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

ricepig

Quote from: IronHog on November 15, 2015, 08:23:43 am

If the competition was as inferior as people on here make it out to be guys like Reed and Marshall would score ever time they got the ball in HS......instead they are the fastest guy on the field in the SEC.

IF a kid looks fast against good south/east HS teams he is FAST.

Have you watched Brookland, Jonesboro Westside, or Trumann play? If you're out running them, that isn't saying much. He camped according to his profile, so they've seen him run.

HogsGoneWild

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on November 14, 2015, 12:10:56 pm
He is a player unless they are playing Pocahontas but I don't know if he played.  Gosnell didn't score.  I do like him.  Just don't think he is an SEC running back.  Not very fast but is pretty physical.
He played against Pokey, had less than 90 yds on 20+ carries. Almost half of those yds came on 1 run I think.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: NEA_HogFan on October 21, 2015, 05:42:23 pm
Carlos Blackman from Gosnell is an in state guy that is getting attention. He has offers from A-state and SEMO and has garnered interest from the hogs, Memphis, and Ole Miss as well as every D2 college in the state. He is 6-1 215 and runs in the 4.5 range. He is having a monster year so far. Through 6 games he has 93 carries, 1,218 yard and 20 TDs. He is also very good linebacker and can lay a hit. I expect him to have a lot more offers by the end of the year.

He was mentioned in a write up by hootens this week
http://www.hootens.com/recruiting-stars-should-shine-this-week-in-class-4a-showdowns-top-prospects-in-nea_1451_a.aspx

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3161073/highlights/292577919/v2
this is the size and athleticism I love for a OLB.   I hope Hogs take a long look.

NEA_HogFan

Quote from: HogsGoneWild on November 15, 2015, 10:09:34 am
He played against Pokey, had less than 90 yds on 20+ carries. Almost half of those yds came on 1 run I think.

Gosnell also had no passing game this year. Pocahontas put all 11 players within 6 yards of the ball and hit him in the backfield as soon as he got the ball. Nothing he could do.

NEA_HogFan

December 08, 2015, 10:08:12 pm #16 Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 10:54:55 am by NEA_HogFan
From the Blytheville newspaper:

Blackman finished with 2,365 yards with 34 rushing touchdowns. He finished with 38 total touchdowns. He is currently third in the state and first in the 4A in rushing yards. He finished with 269 points scored which, if official, is a state record. The previous mark of 266 was held by Steven Kehner of Glen Rose in 2010. He scored 48 points against Lonoke which tied a state record held by Alvin Bell of Little Rock set in 1919. Against Harrisburg, he rushed for a 97 yard touchdown which is the second longest touchdown run recorded in state history.

He kicked extra points and had a bunch of 2 point conversions which adds to his point scored total. Still not sure if he broke the record or not.

Senior Season Highlights

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3161073/highlights/301926400/v2

NEA_HogFan

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on November 15, 2015, 01:24:30 pm
this is the size and athleticism I love for a OLB.   I hope Hogs take a long look.

As big and athletic as he is he is still very raw. He has always been a big strong kid without having to work for it. I can't imagine what a year or two under Herb would do for him.

hview

After watching the video I think this young man could play for the hogs.

whosiskid

I like the kid. Does a lot of things as a runner. Can break tackles, obviously is a very good open field runner, can run in traffic, and best of all, simply doesn't give up on any play. I don't think the Hogs would offer a scholarship, but I wonder if he would consent to be a preferred walk on. He is a good running back, but if we get our wishes, we'll have a load of runners in front of him. I notice that he played defense as well as an outside linebacker. You would think he would be a really intriguing safety prospect.

My guess is that he'll end up at an instate school and rack up big seasons. I am surprised Arkansas State hasn't gone after him.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

NEA_HogFan

Quote from: whosiskid on December 08, 2015, 10:32:42 pm
I like the kid. Does a lot of things as a runner. Can break tackles, obviously is a very good open field runner, can run in traffic, and best of all, simply doesn't give up on any play. I don't think the Hogs would offer a scholarship, but I wonder if he would consent to be a preferred walk on. He is a good running back, but if we get our wishes, we'll have a load of runners in front of him. I notice that he played defense as well as an outside linebacker. You would think he would be a really intriguing safety prospect.

My guess is that he'll end up at an instate school and rack up big seasons. I am surprised Arkansas State hasn't gone after him.

If the hogs are looking at him it is more than likely at linebacker. I think he could be a good one.

hview

I was thinking linebacker as well.