Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SIAP-Graham Committing October 30th

Started by Wright43, October 19, 2015, 08:32:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Quote from: SamBuckhart on October 29, 2015, 04:28:11 pm
Whoever is QB, likely AA, we need top talent to contend in our conference. We need you Mr. Graham. Wooo Pig!
Quote from: Scott7703 on October 29, 2015, 07:39:48 pm
I will be stunned if Town isn't the starting quarterback.

There will be a full and open QB competition in the spring and early fall. The best performing QB will win. Nothing is predetermined.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Scott7703 on October 30, 2015, 07:34:09 am
At the end of the day as long as we have a quarterback capable of leading the team and making basic throws they will be fine in this offense. To this point I've seen no indication that Austin can do either. He has been less than impressive in what few appearances he has had in games and looked no better in scrimmages i have seen. Hope the kid progresses and surprises me but again I'll be stunned.

When have you seen him and not been impressed?  Didn't he light it up in the spring game?

MS_HogFan

Still no new predictions on 247.

I guess we will know soon
SOOIE

secneahog

Because everybody waits for someone to make a prediction and then they all jump on board
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

RazorPiggie

Does he have a twatter? I haven't seen a thread this quiet about a guy committing in a long time.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Wildhog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 30, 2015, 09:51:20 am
Does he have a twatter? I haven't seen a thread this quiet about a guy committing in a long time.

@IsaiahGraham
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RazorPiggie

Trey1981

Really, really want this one. Hoping we get a WPS  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

WooPig90

wpswillriseagain

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

TechHawg

WriterWrong

Quote from: TechHawg on October 30, 2015, 10:06:16 am
TCU.

And we play them next season. Hope he succeeds in all games except the ones against us.

colbs

Optimus Swine

Suspense... suspense... suspense...  let down. Dang it,  Woo Pig!
Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.
Yogi Berra

Bacon_Bitz

HOGINTENNESSEE

Smokehouse

QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

RazorPiggie

Where are yall seeing this? Nothing on his twitter.

Bubba's Bruisers

Well, the silence was deafening.  It usually is.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

WooPig90

The_Iceman

Just so people don't forget, we do have committed:

TJ Hammonds WR/RB
Jordan Jones WR
Kofi Boateng WR
Kiel Pollard WR/OLB

That with most of our receiving group returning in 2016.

ricepig

RazorPiggie

nvm found an article.

Maybe Cleveland is still considering us?

bighog77

we will not win any kind of championship till we pick it up in recruiting. All your National and SEC Champs have top 15 recruiting classes.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 30, 2015, 10:11:07 am
nvm found an article.

Maybe Cleveland is still considering us?

I'm betting it's a significant uphill battle with him.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: bighog77 on October 30, 2015, 10:11:31 am
we will not win any kind of championship till we pick it up in recruiting. All your National and SEC Champs have top 15 recruiting classes.

We will never be consistently in the top 15.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 30, 2015, 10:13:04 am
We will never be consistently in the top 15.

Forget consistency.  Have we every even been in the top 15?  Doubt it.

The_Iceman

Quote from: bighog77 on October 30, 2015, 10:11:31 am
Quote from: The_Iceman on October 30, 2015, 10:10:38 am

TJ Hammonds WR/RB
Jordan Jones WR
Kofi Boateng WR
Kiel Pollard WR/OLB

We are fine at WR. Graham would have been luxury add.

Also, look at the Top 20 in recruiting and tell me who we should consistently be ahead of.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Smokehouse

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 30, 2015, 10:14:35 am

I think we got to 16 once. That's the highest I remember and it's a definite outlier.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Scott7703

TJ Hammonds WR/RB
Jordan Jones WR
Kofi Boateng WR
Kiel Pollard WR/OLB

That's great but regardless it was a big miss.

RazorPiggie

TJ Hammonds WR/RB
Jordan Jones WR
Kofi Boateng WR
Kiel Pollard WR/OLB

Yeah not really concerned with our WRs at the moment. We got a good group in last year and the ones currently committed.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 30, 2015, 10:17:18 am
Some more than others.

Well, while I would've loved to have gotten him, we have 3 WR's committed, and I'd much rather have an extra OT and RB. I guess we'll see how many more we actually take at WR. We'll know in February, lol.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 30, 2015, 10:14:35 am

I don't believe so. It would take a crazy good instate class for us to get in the top 15

The Hogfather

TJ Hammonds WR/RB
Jordan Jones WR
Kofi Boateng WR
Kiel Pollard WR/OLB

Also:

Pettway and Stewart

I really like those two and have high hopes for them.

Bubba's Bruisers

Recruiting momentum will take time for a program like ours.  It's getting better, no doubt, but won't turn on a dime...or even close.  It will take several years of stability and steady forward movement.  To finish this class, need true SEC-caliber talent at RB, OT and LB. 

jackflash

I can understand him picking TCU their trying their best to be like Baylor

870hogfan

Meh they will be okay at WR. Going to need to get the running back to flip from Ole Miss and his team mate at LB, which I think Arkansas gets both.

Hollywood_HOGan45

not a huge loss.

What we REALLY need are offensive linemen!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 30, 2015, 10:18:25 am
I think we got to 16 once. That's the highest I remember and it's a definite outlier.

Absolutely...2009 per Rivals. 

Now, I think we are a program that can consistently be top 25.  As in 22 to 25.  With quality, stable coaching and RS program, we are an 8 win average kind of good with the occasional 9 or 10 win season...in the current landscape. 

On paper, the difference between 15 and 25 is significant.  On paper.

We'll see.

NLRHog92

The Hogfather

The_Iceman

2016 WR's:

Jared Cornelius
Keon Hatcher (assuming he gets his RS)
Kendrick Edwards (assuming he is on the team)
Eric Hawkins
Cody Hollister
Damon Mitchell
Drew Morgan
La'Michael Pettway
Dominique Reed
Deon Stewart
TJ Hammonds WR (assuming he doesn't move to RB)
Jordan Jones WR
Kofi Boateng WR
Kiel Pollard WR (assuming he doesn't move to OLB)

I don't think this is a "big miss". Missing on our current RB targets would be,.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 30, 2015, 10:25:15 am
Absolutely...2009 per Rivals. 

Now, I think we are a program that can consistently be top 25.  As in 22 to 25.  With quality, stable coaching and RS program, we are an 8 win average kind of good with the occasional 9 or 10 win season...in the current landscape. 

On paper, the difference between 15 and 25 is significant.  On paper.

We'll see.

I'm curious. In 2009 did Rivals count all 31 recruits or just the top 20 or 25 like they do now to come up with the rankings?

And if you were to re-rate that 09 class I'm not sure it would in the top 30.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 30, 2015, 10:29:29 am
I'm curious. In 2009 did Rivals count all 31 recruits or just the top 20 or 25 like they do now to come up with the rankings?

Top 20 I believe, but wouldn't swear to it.  That class had a lot of 4 stars and a 5 star.  Very unusual for us.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 30, 2015, 10:30:45 am
Top 20 I believe, but wouldn't swear to it.  That class has a lot of 4 stars and a 5 star.  Very unusual for us.

Yeah I think they do that now but wasn't for sure if they did that back then or not. We definitely did but our 5* most definitely did not play like a 5*. Plus you had several 4*s either get kicked off, hurt, or just not pan out.

But either way it would have to take a once in a lifetime group of instaters to get us into the top 15.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 30, 2015, 10:29:29 am

And if you were to re-rate that 09 class I'm not sure it would in the top 30.

Might be.