Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SIAP-Graham Committing October 30th

Started by Wright43, October 19, 2015, 08:32:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

870hogfan

Quote from: spahoopsfan on October 31, 2015, 07:36:28 am
Yes we shouldn't expect to get a kid from Louisiana to come to Arkansas rather than TCU.  Sure we must have a great coach because he won three years in the Big Ten when Michigan couldn't beat a division 2 team, Penn St was a disgrace to the football world, and Ohio St was in turmoil.
I understand why we can't recruit now but again to say it can't happen here is wrong.
I will agree we don't have the formula to turn it around right now. Coach that can't keep his mouth shut, no winning, low division 1 players in the state.

Can you take your crap to MMQB?

ricepig

Quote from: 870hogfan on October 31, 2015, 07:50:03 am

Can you take your crap to MMQB?

Nope, it's their job to fill every forum with it.

jry04

Yes we shouldn't expect to get a kid from Louisiana to come to Arkansas rather than TCU.  Sure we must have a great coach because he won three years in the Big Ten when Michigan couldn't beat a division 2 team, Penn St was a disgrace to the football world, and Ohio St was in turmoil.
I understand why we can't recruit now but again to say it can't happen here is wrong.
I will agree we don't have the formula to turn it around right now. Coach that can't keep his mouth shut, no winning, low division 1 players in the state.
I don't know why I continue to be surprised by how stupid our fan base is, but I do.

I never said we shouldn't expect to get a kid from LA. However, it will take 10 kids from out of state that are 4* or better quality to have a top 15 class.

I said we will NEVER consistently have a top 15 class. NEVER. Why? Because all of those schools have good recruits within their state. Even when Petrino got us to #3 in the country and 11 wins, we didn't have a top 15 class. We will win with Bielema, but it won't be with top 15 classes every year. If you fail to understand that, then I cannot help you.

You can discredit Bielema's resume all you want, but it is absolutely stupid to do so. Regardless of what went on, he was able to have a stable program that consistently won at a high level. It is clear you dislike Bielema. I can tell you are the same type of fan like the ones I have to sit next to all year. Question every single play call, consistently say out loud that Brandon Allen isn't a winner, and moan and groan about how bad we suck all game.

ricepig

Ok, now I'm wishing we would have gotten him, haha, depth is a little thinner.

imtad16

I wonder if we can eventually flip Graham. I think this game is a sneak peak of a tumble back to earth for TCU especially 2016 and beyond with no Boykin.

Jim Harris

Quote from: WildRazorback on October 30, 2015, 06:46:04 pm
Oregon, TCU, and Baylor are also part of this new trend of uptempo, exciting offenses. Scoring 50 points a game is pretty attractive for recruits.

Arkansas just scored 50+ points in three consecutive games for the first time since WWI. Things are looking up.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Dropkick

What was your old handle before you got hit with the ban hammer? I feel like I recognize your bs.

sickboy

Quote from: imtad16 on November 07, 2015, 10:30:36 pm
I wonder if we can eventually flip Graham. I think this game is a sneak peak of a tumble back to earth for TCU especially 2016 and beyond with no Boykin.

TCU's got this guy coming in. I don't know if he turns out to be Boykin good, but he's a 5* Texas kid that runs a 4.4 forty and has a canon for an arm. Kids will be excited to play with him.

http://247sports.com/Player/Shawn-Robinson-59633

spahoopsfan

Quote from: Dropkick on November 10, 2015, 03:35:04 pm
What was your old handle before you got hit with the ban hammer? I feel like I recognize your bs.

I was being sarcastic but of course that would be too difficult for you to understand.  You guys want to cry and say we can't recruit here.  That is bull.  We can have a consistent winner here.  We have the money, are in the right conference, and the right fan base.  We just need to start winning and the recruiting will be there.  If Ole Miss can have the number 1 class then we can surely get in the top 10.

Dropkick

Quote from: spahoopsfan on November 10, 2015, 04:27:00 pm
I was being sarcastic but of course that would be too difficult for you to understand.  You guys want to cry and say we can't recruit here.  That is bull.  We can have a consistent winner here.  We have the money, are in the right conference, and the right fan base.  We just need to start winning and the recruiting will be there.  If Ole Miss can have the number 1 class then we can surely get in the top 10.
So you were being sarcastic taking shots at CBB. Sure you were.

Your history shows what you are and what your agenda is.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Dropkick on November 10, 2015, 04:34:02 pm
So you were being sarcastic taking shots at CBB. Sure you were.

Your history shows what you are and what your agenda is.
he's Razorhawg i think.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

imtad16

Quote from: sickboy on November 10, 2015, 03:42:37 pm
TCU's got this guy coming in. I don't know if he turns out to be Boykin good, but he's a 5* Texas kid that runs a 4.4 forty and has a canon for an arm. Kids will be excited to play with him.

http://247sports.com/Player/Shawn-Robinson-59633

Here's to TCU losing a couple more games and Shawn Robinson decommitting.

redeye

Quote from: spahoopsfan on November 10, 2015, 04:27:00 pm
I was being sarcastic but of course that would be too difficult for you to understand.  You guys want to cry and say we can't recruit here.  That is bull.  We can have a consistent winner here.  We have the money, are in the right conference, and the right fan base.  We just need to start winning and the recruiting will be there. If Ole Miss can have the number 1 class then we can surely get in the top 10.

When did Ole Miss have the #1 class?  Their highest on 247 was #9.

Ever so often, we get some Debbie Downer on here repeating this same stuff.  If they knew recruiting as well as they think they do, then they'd remember when we were winning 10-11 games a year and still struggling to recruit.  Winning certainly helps, and Bielema even mentioned it the other day, but it's not just that simple.

While you're blaming recruiting on a lack of winning, others on MMQB are blaming our failure to win more games on recruiting.  So does the chicken or the egg come first?  Is Ole Miss winning? because they recruited well, or are they recruiting well because they're winning?

Also, it's good to know that all we need to be a winner is one fewer loss, like Ole Miss has.  Too bad it didn't help Ole Miss at home last weekend.