Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A RB's in 2017

Started by hvsupastar, October 14, 2015, 09:27:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hvsupastar

I'm from south Arkansas and I have heard a lot of buzz about Monta Thomas from Hermitage and Dezmon Jackson from Parkers Chapel.  I know a lot of times these players may be big fish in small ponds so I take it with a grain of salt.  Any realistic shot for these guys to play for the hogs?
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

ARtillahog

Quote from: hvsupastar on October 14, 2015, 09:27:56 am
I'm from south Arkansas and I have heard a lot of buzz about Monta Thomas from Hermitage and Dezmon Jackson from Parkers Chapel.  I know a lot of times these players may be big fish in small ponds so I take it with a grain of salt.  Any realistic shot for these guys to play for the hogs?

Not sure of their ability to play for the Hogs, but Coach Barry Lunney has been down to see Monta and Dezmon quite a few times.  RD still occasionally talks about both in his updates.  I'd say that's a big indicator of the Hog's interest.

hvsupastar

Quote from: ARtillahog on October 14, 2015, 09:31:59 am
Not sure of their ability to play for the Hogs, but Coach Barry Lunney has been down to see Monta and Dezmon quite a few times.  RD still occasionally talks about both in his updates.  I'd say that's a big indicator of the Hog's interest.

They play against each other at Hermitage next Friday.  Think I'll go out to see the fireworks.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Also if you get a chance, you have to go see the Soph qb at Earle.  Bohannan is as good as it gets. 6'4 225.  He could be as close to Cam Newton as we will see in Arkansas.  We need to be all over him. 

kingt

Monte Thomas is the real deal! He has a few cousins that I played 4A ball with and they were great athletes. The fact that he plays in 2A shouldnt matter since his bloodline ecxelled  at the 4A level as well, he just happens to live 40 minutes away in Hermitage.

kingt

If im not mistaken he is also kin to Greg Childs who is was from Hermitage before transfering to Warren.

BatesvilleHOG

Kenneth Dixon who played at 2A, Strong, has been one of the better backs in CFB the last few years at LATech. We curved him for Korliss Marshall. Great decision.

Monta and Dezmon both have the talent to end up as Razorbacks.

hvsupastar

Fun game to watch. I was not disappointed. Both of those kids are very talented.

AirWarren

Kid should be at Warren. Not hermitage.

#1BOOM

Dezmon and Monta are great football players with the speed, explosiveness, vision, size and talent to play at the D1 level. If the Hogs pass on these guys they'll hate they did. Both guys are truly a pleasure to watch.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on October 26, 2015, 10:02:35 am
Also if you get a chance, you have to go see the Soph qb at Earle.  Bohannan is as good as it gets. 6'4 225.  He could be as close to Cam Newton as we will see in Arkansas.  We need to be all over him. 
Is Bohannan any kin to Alex Bohannan? I played ball at Forrest City with Alex. If he's kin to him and got just a little of his talent ability he'll be a good one.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hvsupastar

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on October 26, 2015, 10:02:35 am

I saw him play against Junction City last year in the playoffs.  Of course, the game wasn't close as that JC was juggernaut unlike anything I had ever seen in 2A ball.  But physically speaking I couldn't believe Bohannon was a 9th grader.  Watching him in warmups I thought he looked every bit of 6'4 225 as you listeed if not thicker which is unusual for a kid that tall to be that thick in high school, let alone as a 9th grader.  It will be interesting to see how he can lead Earle over the next few years, if he doesn't end up somewhere else.

philobeddoe

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on October 26, 2015, 03:14:21 pm
Kenneth Dixon who played at 2A, Strong, has been one of the better backs in CFB the last few years at LATech. We curved him for Korliss Marshall. Great decision.

The coaches "curved" him for Defonta Lowe, not Korliss Marshall.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: philobeddoe on November 05, 2015, 01:10:17 pm
The coaches "curved" him for Defonta Lowe, not Korliss Marshall.
Even better decision!! Thanks for clearing that up.

Peter Porker

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on October 26, 2015, 03:14:21 pm

It wasn't for Korliss. Different class. Petrino said he'd rather have Donovan Roberts from Oklahoma than Dixon because he thought Oklahoma high school football was better than Arkansas high school football.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.