Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ND OL coach Hiestand hired by Chicago Bears. Luke Jones flipping back to AR?

Started by colbs, January 10, 2018, 01:48:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colbs

I just seen that ND's OL coach is leaving.  Any chance that Jones might reconsider Arkansas?

Bubba's Bruisers

I would hope he'd consider us regardless, but sure, this might help.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

colbs

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 10, 2018, 01:55:16 pm
I would hope he'd consider us regardless, but sure, this might help.
He did then flipped his commitment to ND.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: colbs on January 10, 2018, 01:56:01 pm
He did then flipped his commitment to ND.

Right, but that was due to a coaching change, and he didn't early sign with ND.  So he's at least not 100%
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

WOOPIGDOOIE

I have a feeling that ship has sailed. But if he decided to go to ND solely because of the O-line coach, then id guess its possible.

KlubhouseKonnected

Did he not sign with them already?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

DuckTalesLOL

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/5183/sources-say-harry-hiestand-headed-to-the-chicago-bears

With the report of ND OL Coach Harry Hiestand headed to the NFL, I wonder what the possibility of Luke Jones staying in AR? Seems like it would be pretty likely.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RazorPiggie

DuckTalesLOL

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TebowHater

Quote from: hogsanity on January 10, 2018, 03:12:37 pm
did he already sign his loi with ND

No slated to sign Feb 7. But he isn't flipping from what I have heard down there.

Paul

Quote from: TebowHater on January 10, 2018, 03:15:44 pm
No slated to sign Feb 7. But he isn't flipping from what I have heard down there.
I heard he may flip back FWIW

Dwight_K_Shrute

If it creates even a small opportunity to sway him and the coaches take advantage of it or at least make a run no harm done.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

DuckTalesLOL

Now FootballScoop is reporting that Baylor Head Coach Matt Rhule interviewed for the Colts job. Would suck for Gerry Bohannon to go there and they lose their HC.

They both should have just stayed in Arkansas.

JIHawg

The family moved here from up north.  They are big Michigan fans, but Michigan didn't offer.  ND offered, and he happily scooped it up.  His decision is likely affected by more than the assistant coach.

I would characterized this as a long shot.

Tigaman

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 10, 2018, 06:04:30 pm
Now FootballScoop is reporting that Baylor Head Coach Matt Rhule interviewed for the Colts job. Would suck for Gerry Bohannon to go there and they lose their HC.

Things must be really bad behind the scenes there. If he leaves, Baylor will be on their 4 coach in 4 years.

Steef

It's a funny thing about posts that violate the rules.

If you "quote" them, your post gets deleted too.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 10, 2018, 02:52:28 pm
Did he not sign with them already?
Nope, could swing him back to us.

Rocket23

Quote from: JIHawg on January 10, 2018, 06:08:09 pm
The family moved here from up north.  They are big Michigan fans, but Michigan didn't offer.  ND offered, and he happily scooped it up.  His decision is likely affected by more than the assistant coach.

I would characterized this as a long shot.
. His mom is from Norman, Ok I think and went to school in the early nineties at OBU.  She was a founding member of Dove award-winning Christian group Point of Grace until she stepped aside in 2004 to raise her three children.  I thought his dad went to UA, although not sure on that.  Someone from PA probably knows better than I.

King Kong

Quote from: Tigaman on January 10, 2018, 06:14:06 pm
Things must be really bad behind the scenes there. If he leaves, Baylor will be on their 4 coach in 4 years.

Baylor sucking is a good thing for us as we are now going all in on Texas

247Hog

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 10, 2018, 06:04:30 pm

He won't get the Colts job. What i can see happen, he leaves Baylor in a year or two and Bohannon sitting in year 2 or 3 breaking in a new coach.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Matt Rhule seemed like a terrible fit to me at Baylor.  Complete 180 from Briles' philosophy.

Maybe him having played for Sandusky and the cover ups at Penn St. played a role in Baylor's decision as they have their own cover up scandal and other legitimate coaches were making unreal demands to take their job.

Seeing Baylor on the field this season gives me no reason to believe they turn it around and get back to putting 70 on the scoreboard.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Monsterhog

Let them both go .....They made a decision so learn to live with it.. That is life...

The Hogfather

kodiakisland

Quote from: Monsterhog on January 10, 2018, 09:10:24 pm
Let them both go .....They made a decision so learn to live with it.. That is life...

Yep.  Will be tough living with degrees from Baylor and ND.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

jackflash

Smashmouth2004

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 10, 2018, 02:53:30 pm
https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/5183/sources-say-harry-hiestand-headed-to-the-chicago-bears

With the report of ND OL Coach Harry Hiestand headed to the NFL, I wonder what the possibility of Luke Jones staying in AR? Seems like it would be pretty likely.
I don't mind where a kid signs, but when an instate kid decides to go play elsewhere then his heart is not all Razorback pure. I hope he just sticks with ND!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Rocket23 on January 10, 2018, 06:35:49 pm
. His mom is from Norman, Ok I think and went to school in the early nineties at OBU.  She was a founding member of Dove award-winning Christian group Point of Grace until she stepped aside in 2004 to raise her three children.  I thought his dad went to UA, although not sure on that.  Someone from PA probably knows better than I.
Well I know his mother then...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

chenalhog

Quote from: billyhog on January 11, 2018, 09:56:41 pm
Parents went to OBU, met while at school there.   His Dad played basketball at OBU, I bet he's 6'8 or taller.  Except for the height estimate, these are facts
Hearing ND new off line coach is wobbly on Jones

hawg1221

That's cool. I saw Point of Grace in concert in Springdale when I was going to the UofA back in the early 90's. They were some beautiful women.

King Kong

Quote from: chenalhog on January 28, 2018, 10:25:38 am

I doubt ND would renege. Especially since it would hurt their chances with Hutson

JIHawg

Quote from: chenalhog on January 28, 2018, 10:25:38 am

Is there a link to the source of this information?  Thanks.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

oldman1015

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on January 11, 2018, 02:29:17 pm
I don’t mind where a kid signs, but when an instate kid decides to go play elsewhere then his heart is not all Razorback pure. I hope he just sticks with ND!
Whats up Coach Nutt?
Arkansas, the left lane state.

NoogaHog

Quote from: oldman1015 on January 29, 2018, 10:27:13 am
Whats up Coach Nutt?

OMG, I just reread that in his voice and now I am crying! That's funny! You may be right Oldie!
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"