Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Korey Hernandez Commits!

Started by The_Iceman, June 24, 2016, 03:37:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jackflash

Been a great weekend for the Hogs may it continue

pigture perfect

Beating out Stanford and Duke is pretty impressive. I'm seeing a pattern of kids who are also great in the classroom. #uncommon
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: pigture perfect on June 24, 2016, 04:34:21 pm
Beating out Stanford and Duke is pretty impressive. I'm seeing a pattern of kids who are also great in the classroom. #uncommon
Yep, that may have something to do with leading the league this past year in # of kids on the All SEC Honor Roll. The importance that CBB and staff place on education ain't just lip service. They mean what they say and say what they mean.

secneahog

Under the radar guys.   We will have to fight off other schools when they get re evaluated
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

azhog10

Has 247 not truly evaluated him yet?

ricepig

Quote from: azhog10 on June 24, 2016, 05:15:45 pm
Has 247 not truly evaluated him yet?

It doesn't appear they have.

Bacon_Bitz

247 doesn't show offers from those schools

ricepig

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on June 24, 2016, 05:49:50 pm
247 doesn't show offers from those schools

Maybe we need to ask D....

pigskenG

I saw the 2* rating and thought "really?". . .  then I looked at his highlights, feel much better. The kid appears to have good instincts and is definitely a 'hitter' on defense.  Has offers from Army and Navy, so I'd say his grades are good. Another good 'under the radar so far' pick up.   :razorback:

regi

Has never been a formula for winning the SEC, but Bret and Long are smarter than 80 years of history I guess,

aloha_kid

Neither of those schools offered yet.   I do like the schools he has interest in, all of which have solid academics.    Both Army and Navy offers the kid is obviously solid in the classroom.  Congrats to the young man I look forward to seeing him in a Hog uniform! WPS!

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Korey-Hernandez-78896/RecruitInterests

KlubhouseKonnected

Looks like we are recruiting a lot of smartarses this year.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

H&D

Quote from: regi on June 24, 2016, 11:15:30 pm
Has never been a formula for winning the SEC, but Bret and Long are smarter than 80 years of history I guess,

The formula is recruit thugs, win and then go on probation.....thanks, but no thanks. The only Teflon team is Bama, they can't even get Louisiana to prosecute their criminals.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: pigskenG on June 24, 2016, 07:56:55 pm
I saw the 2* rating and thought "really?". . .  then I looked at his highlights, feel much better. The kid appears to have good instincts and is definitely a 'hitter' on defense.  Has offers from Army and Navy, so I'd say his grades are good. Another good 'under the radar so far' pick up.   :razorback:
Agree with this.
Gets to the ball quickly and in a bad mood.  The offensive highlights show off his athletic ability.  I'm surprised he doesn't have more offers. Everyone needs to remember our secondary coach was a former highly respected head coach and def coordinator. We have probably more experienced evaluators of talent than any other team in the country at this point.
Did he camp with us this summer? 

Oklahawg

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on June 24, 2016, 11:46:03 pm
Looks like we are recruiting a lot of smartarses this year.

Kid is an early enrollee. That matters a lot, as well. A semester in the weight room, spring ball, and a chance to acclimate to college before summer hits.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hawghiggs

Quote from: regi on June 24, 2016, 11:15:30 pm

If they can't make into school. Then it doesn't matter if they are faster than a puma or stronger than a bear. Look, I question a lot of CBB approach to recruiting. But making sure an athlete is a quality student isn't one of them.

navyhog24

If they're smart in the classroom means they'll be smart on the field too

Deep Shoat

Quote from: navyhog24 on June 25, 2016, 11:26:12 am
If they're smart in the classroom means they'll be smart on the field too
And being smart on the field saves time reacting to a play, which in turn equals speed.  A 4.8 guy who knows his cues perfectly will beat a 4.5 guy who takes a wrong step to the hole every time.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: pigskenG on June 24, 2016, 07:56:55 pm
he's a 2 * on the one site who has him listed. He'll be , at worst, a 3 star composite when evaluated.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

aloha_kid

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 25, 2016, 10:29:39 am
Kid is an early enrollee. That matters a lot, as well. A semester in the weight room, spring ball, and a chance to acclimate to college before summer hits.

Undoubtedly a smart young man with good measurables.  Get him on campus. add some weight and adjustment to college ... never a bad thing.  Looks like a good kid. 

Mike_e

Quote from: Deep Shoat on June 25, 2016, 11:28:48 am
And being smart on the field saves time reacting to a play, which in turn equals speed.  A 4.8 guy who knows his cues perfectly will beat a 4.5 guy who takes a wrong step to the hole every time.

Thank You!
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

tophawg19

the one thing i saw with him was he hits so hard for such a light player . hopefully injuries don't become an issue. cause this kids is going to attack the bigger players with reckless abandon. either way he will be fun to watch but the targeting rule may hurt him a bit because he fly's in and hammers folks
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hawgwild child

This guy reminds me of Jerico Nelson a lot

HogMantheIntruder

So 247 already has him as the lowest 3*, but I'm pretty sure he was a 2* before we offered. He has clearly not been well evaluated, and I'm not convinced he won't wind up a 4*, considering the way he hits. His highlights are straight up nasty. Can't wait to get him on the hill

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

ricepig

Quote from: Poppa Tart on June 26, 2016, 01:24:07 am
So 247 already has him as the lowest 3*, but I'm pretty sure he was a 2* before we offered. He has clearly not been well evaluated, and I'm not convinced he won't wind up a 4*, considering the way he hits. His highlights are straight up nasty. Can't wait to get him on the hill

That's the composite rating on him, I don't believe 247 has rated/evaluated him yet. He does come with an attitude!

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: ricepig on June 26, 2016, 08:10:18 am

That's the composite rating on him, I don't believe 247 has rated/evaluated him yet. He does come with an attitude!
You are/were correct sir. I will counter with this:

http://247sports.com/Player/Korey-Hernandez-76316

So now he's a 3* on 247, and he's no longer a perfect .8000; he's .8066 after 247 put him at 82. Let me know if I'm reading it wrong or if my memory is failing me.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon