Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LB commit Josh Paul a wanted man

Started by Richard Davenport, June 24, 2016, 11:55:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

He didn't report most of his 32 offers.
"I didn't post any of them," Paul said. "I really wasn't focusing on that. I was focusing on my senior year and trying to be a good example for the incoming players and the players after that."

I friggin LOVE this kid! He might just be that monster MLB we've been clamoring for for years! He will be 235-245 LBS when he fills out. And that 40 time... don't worry about it. His 15 yard time is outstanding. He gets up to speed fast! And as hard as he hits at 205... He just looks so much bigger than 205 on the field already. He is gonna be a friggin beast.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

IronMountainHog

But Danny West and MCH are always right...Not

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 24, 2016, 11:55:13 am
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/jun/24/arkansas-lb-commitment-wanted-man/
Yet even SOME will continue to insist that the only meaningful offers the Hill's staff should ever extend are to kids that are currently highly ranked or whatever. Yet another example of how this staff seems to always pull a "rabbit or two out of the hat" when it comes to zeroing in on players whose potential may not have been fully evaluated/recognized as yet. To be a true evaluator of talent is yet another #uncommon trait this staff seems to possess.

BTW one further thought: with this coaching group isn't it really comforting to know that when the headlines come out about a recruit becoming a "wanted man" it has nothing to do with his lack of self-discipline and/or legal issues? Wonder if 'Bama, Misery State, Awbarn, OM, LSU and others can say the same ??? ;) 8)

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 24, 2016, 12:49:37 pm
Yet even SOME will continue to insist that the only meaningful offers the Hill's staff should ever extend are to kids that are currently highly ranked or whatever. Yet another example of how this staff seems to always pull a "rabbit or two out of the hat" when it comes to zeroing in on players whose potential may not have been fully evaluated/recognized as yet. To be a true evaluator of talent is yet another #uncommon trait this staff seems to possess.

BTW one further thought: with this coaching group isn't it really comforting to know that when the headlines come out about a recruit becoming a "wanted man" it has nothing to do with his lack of self-discipline and/or legal issues? Wonder if 'Bama, Misery State, Awbarn, OM, LSU and others can say the same ??? ;) 8)
Those same idiots wanted Gus. They are retarded.

Music City Hog

greghog

I didn't understand this (just me being stupid I guess):

"Paul stayed away from camps for a reason.
"We lost a couple of key players and seniors," Paul said. "We lost like eight players last year because they wanted to do camps.""

Lost players due to injuries???? 

LRHawg

Soon, the overwhelming majority of this team is going to have this kid's mindset, that of the uncommon, and they are going to play well together and overcome adversity in games. We've got some good years ahead.

KlubhouseKonnected

Danny West is on right now saying that Ole Miss and others DID NOT offer him. Says that is according to Josh.

I'll take Richard's word over Danny's but what is the deal?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: greghog on June 24, 2016, 01:46:38 pm
I didn't understand this (just me being stupid I guess):

"Paul stayed away from camps for a reason.
"We lost a couple of key players and seniors," Paul said. "We lost like eight players last year because they wanted to do camps.""

Lost players due to injuries????
yep. he confirmed it in the audio clip ^^ above. Crazy, huh?

ricepig

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on June 24, 2016, 02:16:52 pm
Danny West is on right now saying that Ole Miss and others DID NOT offer him. Says that is according to Josh.

The deal is it doesn't matter, we offered, he committed.

Pig in the Pokey

June 24, 2016, 04:37:23 pm #12 Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:51:17 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: ricepig on June 24, 2016, 02:56:35 pm
that and Danny W is an attention whore. It truly doesn't matter, though. We know why he didn't hold 'certain' offers (he refused to camp at LSU for instance) and he STILL had 32 offers.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 24, 2016, 09:12:51 pm
Richard,

The title of this thread is certainly an attention grabber.
And certainly very relevant with virtually any other SEC program.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: ricepig on June 24, 2016, 02:56:35 pm

To be clear, I don't care who has already offered him.

I would not value a gold nugget or a diamond any less just because I was the first person to find it, and I feel like that attitude may be appropriate for several of our current commits.

But we have the most respected recruiting guy in state (Richard) and one of the recruiting guys with the most broad (or at least easily accessible broadly) platforms directly contradicting each other.  It's weird.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Steef

I'm in NC, so I can't hear Danny West.

But if he IS still talking about this, he should stop.

When Bret offered and Josh accepted, everything else became moot.

Not only is this a dead horse to beat, it's a hurtful one.

We just got another great linebacker. When have we EVER had enough of those?

Hoot72

Danny West did say that Josh Paul had sent him a list of the schools that offered, and Ole Miss and Mississippi State were not on it.  If that is true, what is he supposed to say.  Danny West and Richard Davenport are the two recruiting reporters that I read, and I trust them both.  Once in a while, you might get different information.  We need to quite trying to force Richard and Danny as opponents -- they are both reporting for the same team.

ricepig

Quote from: Hoot72 on June 25, 2016, 07:23:40 am
Danny West did say that Josh Paul had sent him a list of the schools that offered, and Ole Miss and Mississippi State were not on it.  If that is true, what is he supposed to say.  Danny West and Richard Davenport are the two recruiting reporters that I read, and I trust them both.  Once in a while, you might get different information.  We need to quite trying to force Richard and Danny as opponents -- they are both reporting for the same team.

And his head coach said the had "32" D-1 offers?? Lots of offers go through the HC's office, anyway, the offer that mattered was ours.

hogsfan31

Quote from: ricepig on June 25, 2016, 07:34:01 am
And his head coach said the had "32" D-1 offers?? Lots of offers go through the HC's office, anyway, the offer that mattered was ours.

Could be too that some of those 32 offers may have been from schools like Ole Miss and Miss St but they weren't commitable offers at the moment due to maybe having 5 stars on the board. Who knows? All I know is just because he didn't go to a camp, doesn't mean he's not every bit as good as some of these other 4 or 5 stars that do. Bet he has a HUGE senior season and I expect he'd get more offers.

And I agree, we evaluated him, offered him a commitable offer and accepted that. All that matters.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogsfan31 on June 25, 2016, 07:54:43 am
Could be too that some of those 32 offers may have been from schools like Ole Miss and Miss St but they weren't commitable offers at the moment due to maybe having 5 stars on the board. Who knows? All I know is just because he didn't go to a camp, doesn't mean he's not every bit as good as some of these other 4 or 5 stars that do. Bet he has a HUGE senior season and I expect he'd get more offers.

And I agree, we evaluated him, offered him a commitable offer and accepted that. All that matters.
the kid is a manimal. he'll have an LSU offer before it's all said and done if they need OLBs.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on June 24, 2016, 02:16:52 pm

It's not unusual for a kid to tell reporters different things. Danny is reporting what the kid told me. I reported what he told me. His coach said he knew of 32 offers.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 24, 2016, 09:12:51 pm
Richard,

The title of this thread is certainly an attention grabber.
Funny you say this. I'm still asleep and read it as "...wanted a man"